GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
PSN ID for Pepper is pepper_mallard :gtpflag:
Thanks Geez - My son and daughter came to visit, and gave us a PS3 (and set it up) so we could watch netflix. GT5 came with the PS3 - I never watched netflix and got hooked on GT5 - 6. I didn't even know my id since everything logs in automatically. Thanks for telling me my log in name. Now that's Geezer to the ultimate!

I'm not old enough for the Geezer Club (I'm 48), but I'd love to friend request you guys... Ya mind?

I've got three profiles... Anomaly-6573-02, OGPooh and AudioVideoGeek.

I don't mind, you can send me one. I'll be back on the ps3 tomorrow to accept.

This is great to see, whilst not quite there yet myself, i would, as I'm sure others would, love to see how fast you guys are.

How about the you post the time of the fastest time of each seasonal so us young(er) ones can see too?

Gives great aspirations for the future.

This is great to see, whilst not quite there yet myself, i would, as I'm sure others would, love to see how fast you guys are.

How about the you post the time of the fastest time of each seasonal so us young(er) ones can see too?

Gives great aspirations for the future.

Look for post "Geezer Results" in closed seasonal thread, times not listed but you'll get the idea (1:12:7xx top geezer time in '60s amer car - rome & 1:29:6xx Apricot Hill) Good enough? :gtpflag:

I have to remind everyone though that I have frequently complained about the 'blue lines' of friends cars obliterating the view ahead, especially at corners.
I'd rather not have to unfriend anyone, but I can't do my best when the road ahead is a sea of blue. Anyway we'll see how things pan out.

I have found a "work-around" is to set a button for "ghosts on/off" and turn them off for the first part of the lap and then turn them back on when there are only one or two (edit) visible ahead of me (doesn't take long).:banghead:

That is exactly what I have done, I assigned my ghost on/off to a shoulder button [L2] and can quickly and easily switch the lines on/off at any given moment during a lap like heading into difficult corners and such.

This thread needs more votes..... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ghosts-lines.309674/
get on it.

Last edited:
Opened up a Geezer room this afternoon and pepper_mallard showed up with a couple of potential new members. We raced @ several tracks in the 400-550 PP range with 1 one make race to finish the room off around 5pm Eastern. There were no complaints and several different drivers found the podium.

I'm ZioCosta Fondator of the GT community GTExD and i am 64 ...mi've played all the GTs from the beginning of game/brand.

See ya

ZioCosta

That is exactly what I have done, I assigned my ghost on/off to a shoulder button [L2] and can quickly and easily switch the lines on/off at any given moment during a lap like heading into difficult corners and such.

This thread needs more votes..... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ghosts-lines.309674/
get on it.

I have managed to stay ahead of you for 4 minutes so far, but my 9:25 is only my 2nd completed lap since I started.

I will be 50 in about 3 weeks would that be good enough to get in to your club ?.

Tomorrow I am going to delete all of my 57 friends accept for zona99 & Stewyripper because I just found out that all of my other friends are not in my age group.
Thanks mate you might want to try a 50 to 60 club?? I think we all lose a bit of skill when we get older

Apologies for the shameless plug!

If any of you Geezers enjoy classic cars and are free on Sundays between 17:00 and 19:00 BST (12:00 -14:00 EDT) then join us for clean, friendly, enjoyable racing. We don't discuss ages, but we are a mostly mature crowd including the odd geezer as well as the occasional whippersnapper! If you are interested send me an FR.

Currently racing: "World Classics" - C1, C2, 300SL, BMW 507, Pontiac GTO, E Type, GT350, Ferrari 250GT.

"Cobra Ferrari Wars" - Cobras, Ferraris, E Types, C2 Corvettes.

Lots of pictures of race action and full information available by clicking the link in my signature. Hope I see some of you online!

Had a great time racing with a handfull of the geezer club memebers yesterday.
SCClockDr hosted the room with some great door to door action. Well run and well done! Thanks Doc.:cheers:

I'm really looking forward to running again. :gtpflag:

how do we find out who of the Geezer club is hosting? Is the name of the room "Geezers" ? I see names appear under "Friends room" that I don't recognize...
Maybe someone could post a schedule ?
Thanks

And here I thought I was old. Listening to the moderator roundtable podcast and finding out I'm right there with Famine was reassuring but to think there are players out there with 30 years on me boggles the mind. More power to you.

Back