GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
First of all... many thanks, but as usual, I have a stupid question:
Took me long to find the event but found it.
Then I wanted to join, but the darn thing said there is an event going on currently, but I could open a room... blah blah...
So I opened a room and finally hit 10 rounds in Le Mans, but I was alone!
I thought this is intended for sort of online-racing, but I love Le Mans and the car is good fun, but essentially I'm not really looking through the whole thing! :confused:
Could you (shortly) enlighten me?
Thanks again!
The room opened @ 1300 EST and the event started @ 1410 EST. There were slots open so sorry you missed us.

Thanks to Dr, Papa, and all the drivers for a great afternoon of racing. 👍 Told the wife I would be about an hour.... 3 hours later!!!:nervous: but :gtpflag:wins.

The MINI ran great for me at Midfield.
This is the set-up I used if anyone wants to try it.

532PP - 388HP
RS
12.45 - 12.54
4 - 4
4 - 5
3 - 3
0.1 - 0.2
-0.08 / -0.44
-----------------
BRK 3 - 9
----------------
TRANS @ 174
----------------
LSD
7 - 8
17 - 16
8 - 10
----------------
DF
116 - 200

Hope to be finished with this 40 hour a week part time job:banghead: soon, equipment ships in 2 weeks, then I can retire again.

Awesome to be back on track with THE GEEZERS again.:cheers:

Hi Old Geezzer, I hate to do anything to make you faster since I'm always wiping your dust off my windshield, but you could get an oil change and get another 20 HP.

Hi Old Geezzer, I hate to do anything to make you faster since I'm always wiping your dust off my windshield, but you could get an oil change and get another 20 HP.

At LeMans I wasn't even close enough to SEE your dust.:bowdown:

When the guys decided to do a few races after LeMans, using the MINI at Midfield, I just bought one and jumped back in the room, I didn't want to miss the start.:confused:

I thought a few of the guys were running the car without an oil change so I wasn't worried about HP.
That car and track just felt good... just one of those days I guess.

Here is my latest tune for the QM with the Mégane. I am consistently pulling 5:54's on my own with an occasional 5:52 which finished 2nd to a 5:50 on one occasion.

Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Base Model '11 QM Tune.GIF

GEEZER TT RESULTS

2 WD Race Car @ Suzuka Geezer Podium: GTsail2 1.46.706, # 147 ITW, Top 0.14%
JotaFDuarte 1.46.926, #195 ITW, Top 0.18%
daduce1947 1.48.216, #618 , Top 0.57%
6 Geezers in the Top 1000 ITW, Top 0.92%
33 of 35 Geezers got Gold

Non Race Car @ Toscana Geezer Podium: JotaFDuarte 1.41.867, #131 ITW, Top 0.16%
Fanapryde 1.41.922, #142 ITW, Top 0.17%
GTsail2 1.42.156, #165 ITW, Top 0.19%
6 Geezers in the Top 500 ITW
7 Geezers in the Top 1000 ITW, Top 1.2%
33 of 36 Geezers got Gold

Geezers Rock :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

Good morning / afternoon or?? GEEZERS

Re the NASCAR TT: Not sure how many of you are interested or if you've looked at the seasonal string on GTP but there are a couple of tunes that work pretty good,, especially after you've tweeked them to fit your driving style.,

It appears by checking the Top 9 on the leader board Chevy is the car of choice #10 is driving the Camry - for what ever reason or conclusion can be drawn from that. :confused:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ndianapolis-road-course.324973/#post-10512980 post #20 I used this tune to get me started on the right track,,

and a new one posted this morning or yesterday afternoon:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...polis-road-course.324973/page-4#post-10526090 post #99

I'll share the tune I'm running on the Tony Stewart Chevy - yes, I did the oil change and chassis reinforcement:

RH: 73/62 * SR: 11.49/10.48 * Brakes: 7/6 * Dampers: Comp - 1/1, Ext - 2/1 * ARB: 7/7 * Camber: 0.0/0.0 * Toe: -0.02/0.00 * LSD: 6/6/5 * DF: 491/694 * Ballast: 3kg Position: +5
Trans: I used the trans flip posted by MOPARbarrett5 then made some changes to fit my preferences
1st: 2570 * 2nd: 1780 * 3rd: 1347 * 4th: 1093 * FG: 3585

I use the DFGT and drive manual. Using the automatic kind of puts you at a bit of a disadvantage as negotiating the curves takes a lot of gear changing back and forth between 1st, 2nd and 3rd,, gear changes the auto will not do for you. If you do a copy of the top drivers lap,, hop in and take a ride with them you'll note they use 1st and 2nd a lot for braking and they short shift (shift UP early) to "help" control wheel spin. You've as well noticed this TT is brutal on RH tires so throttle control is key, holding a tight driving line, running at least 3 or 4 laps before making any adjustments (need them to get the tires working and a feel for how it's handling) and learning just how far you can push the car into the corners before braking - or you've lost it in the grass.

Good LUCK, Hope this helps and remember - GEEZERS RULE!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Pepper had a room open on Sat but I haven't seen any comments. Go Geezers :cheers:
I plan on opening a room tomorrow morning at 8am eastern daylight time. (I might be a few minutes late) Room will be open to all - not in our community area. Either vote decided or requests for track, car suggestions also encouraged. It will be called "Caution Geezers playing" Hope to see you.

I plan on opening a room tomorrow morning at 8am eastern daylight time. (I might be a few minutes late) Room will be open to all - not in our community area. Either vote decided or requests for track, car suggestions also encouraged. It will be called "Caution Geezers playing" Hope to see you.

Will be there mate after f1 qualifying highlights in uk 2pm my time 9am your time:)

Great fun Sat morn/afternoon. My 1st try at posting a video, hope it works. :confused:

Great action shots Geez - We MUST definitely do this again. The race with SW was really fun and the type of racing we Geezers love. I must also mention the races at Autumn Ring where Papa cleaned up on us all for three first places. He had that Renault Megane dialed in, his laps were flawless, and he allowed NO PASSING! P.Mallard

Last edited:
Back