GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Who would believe it i'm still no 1 UK today on matterhorn in the viper :):):)
I do, you just have beaten my time by some 0,3" and you are leading my FR now.
Kudos to you. 👍
I did not check my ranking in Belgium, but I am at #128 in the WR.
Now I will have to go back again to do the Matterhorn crossing with this "hovercraft"...

About the oil change:
Every car I buy gets an oil change immediately. It gives you more HP (and PP).
Depending on what you are doing with the car, it looses this gain gradually. This loss seems to be different for each car and the sort of races you do.
24' endurance races on the Ring for example: I had cars loose 8 PP or more after 2 races in a row.
If you are in TT seasonals, you also have to check your PP on a regular base. You may be trying very hard to beat your ghost, just to see him getting away from you. Check PP !!
You can set the power limiter (if used) to regain that lost power, but you will loose power even faster than before.
The oil warning light ? I have seen it change colour only once, way too late to appear.
Also, when you see body deterioration has begun: do the repair (costly as it can be), you will see the result in your lap times.
My Audi R8 LMS Phoenix has now 16.000 km and had at least 20 oil changes and 4 body restores to keep it up to pace....
I now learned that changing the oil when new can have its disadvantages too.
For example: I wanted to enter a seasonal TT, but even completely down tuned, power limiter at minimum and 200 kg ballast gave me 1PP more than the allowed PP :crazy:

Last edited:
I can host a room on Saturday if anyone is interested, just let me know. Looking at 2pm GMT. :cheers:

List the cars you would like to use and list the tracks you want and i will list them into two hats and pull one from each and see what happens. we will use more than one car and track.
car 1 ford falcon aus
car 2 ts030
track 1 london
track 2 suzuka
track and cars may not match but it's about fun fun fun on saturday. get listing geezers this could be a right laugh.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was just wondering why some drivers get a car and don't do an oil change, thus restricting the HP and PP.

I'm no authority on the why, since, if I plan to do a limited event, be it a seasonal or otherwise, I use a car that can hit the PP/HP/whateverotherlimits in a natural way, but, here's a scenario where a car that has a huge PP disparity to the event limits and the only way to get it into the event is to have kept it at a pre-oil change PP/HP and run the dog crap out of it until the mileage pulls it down even further. In this fashion reducing the power output won't need to go as far as if the car had been oil changed prior to the running off of dog crap.

Most folks use this "exploit" so they can take a car with some amount of aero downforce into lower PP limited, online TT events, and scream around the curves without having to lift off the throttle. All it takes is the first one to do it and own the board and then the rest of the TT hounds will be baying for whichever car was used to get the top time.

Good idea @Stewyripper :dopey:..👍

Car 1: Caterham Seven Fireblade '02.
Car 2: Abt Audi TT-R '02.

Track 1: Monaco/Cote d'Azur.
Track 2: Ascari.

When will you be drawing the combo's?? :dopey:
I'll need a little notice, to make sure I've got the cars, or buy new so that they are stock/no oil etc 👍.
.....or!! Should I buy all of the cars listed anyway??!! :dopey::dopey::dopey:..:lol::lol:.

This should be great fun!!

:cheers:

Good idea @Stewyripper :dopey:..👍

Car 1: Caterham Seven Fireblade '02.
Car 2: Abt Audi TT-R '02.

Track 1: Monaco/Cote d'Azur.
Track 2: Ascari.

When will you be drawing the combo's?? :dopey:
I'll need a little notice, to make sure I've got the cars, or buy new so that they are stock/no oil etc 👍.
.....or!! Should I buy all of the cars listed anyway??!! :dopey::dopey::dopey:..:lol::lol:.

This should be great fun!!

I will do the draw Friday evening and post

Thanks for posting the vids @WhoosierGirl Great job! 👍

My new pit crew have been hired! They have been in training all week! :dopey:
I should be ready to give you a bit more competition this time...:embarrassed:..:lol:
...My performance last week couldn't possibly have anything to do with my driving :dunce:..:lol:.

If this Saturday is half as good as last week, we'll have a blast!! :dopey:.

I can't wait!!

Last edited:
Cars for Saturday will be 1, Ford Falcon 2, 09 zr1 corvette c6 model 3, nissan gtr gt500 base model 08.
All the above will be stock only no tuning.
Tracks we will pull out of the hat on the day.
If there is time we will have a go in the samba bus no rules whatsoever just got to win by any means possible fair or foul. :lol::lol::lol::lol: wonder if it will rain?:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Last edited:
List the cars you would like to use and list the tracks you want and i will list them into two hats and pull one from each and see what happens. we will use more than one car and track.
car 1 ford falcon aus
car 2 ts030
track 1 london
track 2 suzuka
track and cars may not match but it's about fun fun fun on saturday. get listing geezers this could be a right laugh.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'll be there Stewy. If I could add a track or two they would be Grand Valley (full course) and perhaps Deep Forest.

Thanks for posting the vids @WhoosierGirl Great job! 👍

My new pit crew have been hired! They have been in training all week! :dopey:
I should be ready to give you a bit more competition this time...:embarrassed:..:lol:
...My performance last week couldn't possibly have anything to do with my driving :dunce:..:lol:.

If this Saturday is half as good as last week, we'll have a blast!! :dopey:.

I can't wait!!

Hi SW - Strange coincidence - On the very day I got rid of my worthless bunch they all got hired by you. Make sure you have plenty of ice for their beer. They stay sober all week, but get started early on race day. Tip - Paint the lug nuts a bright color, as it helps the crew find them when they drop them. Good luck! P. Mallard

Hi SW - Strange coincidence - On the very day I got rid of my worthless bunch they all got hired by you. Make sure you have plenty of ice for their beer. They stay sober all week, but get started early on race day. Tip - Paint the lug nuts a bright color, as it helps the crew find them when they drop them. Good luck! P. Mallard

:lol::lol::lol:.....I wondered why I could hire them so cheap! :crazy:....:lol:...👍

Here is a couple videos from last weekend, not great quality...sorry.

Impressively smooth driving as usual Whoosier, do they have any idea at the hospital what would happen if they let you have the keys to the ambulance?

14_51540939_20081117083036.jpg

Finally!! You've revealed the 'real' secret to your success!! ...
.....Tomorrow!!.....I'll be driving naked!!!.........with my blonde wig, of course!! :dopey:

Some of the above comments are NOT "picture this" worthy. Geezers & non geezers in birthday suits ? NAW. :ill:

Ladies exempted, of course. ;);)

Hope the Mods don't object to these posts.

Geezers & Associates ROCK. :gtpflag:
Ok I give up back to racing- Do we know what time all this starts tomorrow? Never mind - I see it's 10AM EDT PMallard

Last edited:
It all starts today 2 pm GMT, same as last week. cars are picked just need somebody to turn up with Two dice please to throw for tracks. i have numbered tracks so it all depends on a throw of dice. we have ten tracks on my list numbered form 2,-11, inclusive.
see you all later.

Cars for Saturday will be 1, Ford Falcon 2, 09 zr1 corvette c6 model 3, nissan gtr gt500 base model 08.
All the above will be stock only no tuning.
Tracks we will pull out of the hat on the day.
If there is time we will have a go in the samba bus no rules whatsoever just got to win by any means possible fair or foul. :lol::lol::lol::lol: wonder if it will rain?:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
Is a car with an oil change still stock? I've got two of the cars but I changed the oil when I bought them. Does 2PM your time translate to 10AM Eastern time? I have had trouble in the past locating you guys since the community feature was released.

Back