GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Is a car with an oil change still stock? I've got two of the cars but I changed the oil when I bought them. Does 2PM your time translate to 10AM Eastern time? I have had trouble in the past locating you guys since the community feature was released.

Oil change is fine you will be at a disadvantage if you do not do it.
There will be free choice of tyres.
10 am Eastern is correct i will open the room at about 1.30 UK time, 09.30 Eastern.

Hi Fellow GEEZERS and fans of the Legendary GT40. I subscribe to a Charlotte North Carolina car restoration and car dealer website newsletter - RK Motors [http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/] :bowdown:.

In this weeks email I clicked on this cool write up about one of the cars these guys are in the process of restoring the winner of Lemans '66 - GT40 Chassis #1046. There's also a really cool video where RK Motors and others are talking about the history of this GT40. Apparently some say the finish is controversial, which is something I had not heard before. Hopefully you will find the write up interesting and the video informative and as interesting as did I. One of the fellows talking in the video, a Scottsman named Ronnie Spain, is a bit challenging to understand (especially when he's talking about the "controversy" in a dead heat finish) but he for sure seems very much in the know about this car and the controversy.
http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/co...draw-the-attention-of-motorsports-enthusiasts

Hope you enjoy it. 👍👍

GEEZERS RULE! :gtpflag:

Oil change is fine you will be at a disadvantage if you do not do it.
There will be free choice of tyres.
10 am Eastern is correct i will open the room at about 1.30 UK time, 09.30 Eastern.

I plan to join you gents Stewy. Because I couldn't quite understand Grenwich time, I used GOOGLE to find: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/est/index.htm then figured my time difference between EST and PST. My time to join is before 0700 hrs. Thanks again for hosting the gathering and see you all at the club house! :gtpflag:

SW I thought I'd help you out. I dropped off 4 cases of beer at your shop last night for the crew. Remember a happy crew doesn't give a ****. I also left 4 pairs of magnetic gloves to help them find the lug nuts as they crawl around pit lane searching.
P Mallard - The one who cares.

Hi Fellow GEEZERS and fans of the Legendary GT40. I subscribe to a Charlotte North Carolina car restoration and car dealer website newsletter - RK Motors [http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/] :bowdown:.

In this weeks email I clicked on this cool write up about one of the cars these guys are in the process of restoring the winner of Lemans '66 - GT40 Chassis #1046. There's also a really cool video where RK Motors and others are talking about the history of this GT40. Apparently some say the finish is controversial, which is something I had not heard before. Hopefully you will find the write up interesting and the video informative and as interesting as did I. One of the fellows talking in the video, a Scottsman named Ronnie Spain, is a bit challenging to understand (especially when he's talking about the "controversy" in a dead heat finish) but he for sure seems very much in the know about this car and the controversy.
http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/co...draw-the-attention-of-motorsports-enthusiasts

Hope you enjoy it. 👍👍

Hi Duce, I really enjoyed the video, I also visited the RK site. Quite impressive. Perhaps our UK friends can interpret the controversy as they must have more contact with the accent than us.

Yes, Thank You Stewy for hosting a fun few races bud :bowdown:,, and Thank You fellow GEEZERS, Honorary GEEZER and others for joining the fracas today :)👍. So sorry I had to bail before we got to the SAMBA bus but typically I walk our 2 little dogs every morning around 9am Pacific and they were 'telling" me it was time :grumpy:! If you've had dogs that are very used to a time for their walk,,,, well,, you know the rest of THAT story!! :mischievous: They WILL MAKE SURE you don't ignore them next time!!:yuck::yuck:

Anyway,, like some of you I really struggled with the Vette,,:confused: we were running RS tires so I 'figgered they would whoa up at least a little bit as we approached the corners :scared:!! Well, as we found out that really wasn't the case was it!!:banghead: I just could not get my 'ol brain to tell my feet to get on tha binders early enough and consequently got into wrestling matches with the opposing guard rail at just about every confounded corner.:dunce: Of course the guard rail ALWAYS won but not before I hadda go backward, forward, backward at least a couple times to get free from them and try to get on down tha road:scared:. Yes, I know I wasn't the only one struggling with that set up but after 3 laps I was so flustered 🤬, so miffed at myself 🤬 I exited stage right into the pits and parked:mad:. Got out of the car, threw my helmet at and tried :mad: to blame my NEW pit boss and the entire crew for my incompetence at the wheel - the same crew I somehow inherited from one of you guys :mischievous:,, that same crew you fired last week:idea:!! Well, that rant didn't go too well :grumpy:,, they're younger, they're MUCH stronger and they're MEANER than me and they didn't like my ranting at all:grumpy:!! They took offense and proceeded to work 'ol Duce over pretty good :ouch:!! To save myself I had to hop back in the car and rejoin the race at lap 8,, 3 laps down and muddle my way around til our gal WhoosierGirl 👍👍 BLAZED that ill handling beast across the finish line 👍👍 - eon's ahead of the pack mind you:bowdown:! - and put us all out of our misery!:bowdown:

The lesson I've learned was this - First,, do NOT try and blame my crew:nervous:! Secondly,, I'm thinking I'd better put some time into some practice once we learn the vehicles - AND the conditions!! - before we meet up again next Saturday (assuming our bud STEWY is willing to host another Saturday event that is) "IF" I hope to be anywhere near mid pack!

As Papa says, it's ALWAYS FUN meeting up with buddys and driving around one of the games awesome tracks! :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the great racing again guys!! :dopey:..👍....and thanks to @Stewyripper for hosting :cheers:
I really did have a blast!!

I'm going to sit with a few beers and watch the replays in a bit....
...to try and figure out where I'm losing time 👍...and get some tips from the winners! :dopey:.

Thanks again to everyone who joined in the fun today...hope to see you all next week!! :dopey::dopey:..👍

:cheers:

Well boys and girl another good days racing was had by all i hope. Anyone want to change anything about the races or got any suggestions please let me know.
here we go with next weeks selection all fully tuned no limits except no nos.
Event 1 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4t sport 09 at Rome. 12 laps.:lol:
Event 2 Vauxhall Astra touring car 00 Brands hatch grand prix circuit 10 laps.:lol:
Event 3 Ford Shelby gt500 13 Daytona road course 10 laps.:crazy::crazy::crazy::lol::lol::lol:
Final event Sambabus at Chamonix East 10 laps normal samba bus rules apply, you know what that means bish bash bosh, no rules.:lol::lol:
Just off to set up rooms in geezer racing for practice.
Rooms up at 1630 today finish 1330 Saturday
look for club called Geezer racing and enjoy.
The winner of each race picks a car for next week, i have already picked 3 tracks could end up with fiat 500 at Monza or Veyron at London arena etc those tracks are not selected this time.
Settings next week will be for friends only.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: :cheers:

Last edited:
Those events for next week look great @Stewyripper :dopey:..👍.

I've got a suggestion...:dopey:....how do you feel about doing qualifying for the start grid position??
....I was thinking we could do a 'reverse grid' start. Fastest in qualifying starts last.
What do you think??

:cheers:
That works for me. How does that work? Is there a qualifying time period where everyone runs laps to form the grid? P Mallard

Well boys and girl another good days racing was had by all i hope. Anyone want to change anything about the races or got any suggestions please let me know.
here we go with next weeks selection all fully tuned no limits except no nos.
Event 1 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4t sport 09 at Rome. 12 laps.:lol:
Event 2 Vauxhall Astra touring car 00 Brands hatch grand prix circuit 10 laps.:lol:
Event 3 Ford Shelby gt500 13 Daytona road course 10 laps.:crazy::crazy::crazy::lol::lol::lol:
Final event Sambabus at Chamonix East 10 laps normal samba bus rules apply, you know what that means bish bash bosh, no rules.:lol::lol:
Just off to set up rooms in geezer racing for practice.
Rooms up at 1630 today finish 1330 Saturday
look for club called Geezer racing and enjoy.
The winner of each race picks a car for next week, i have already picked 3 tracks could end up with fiat 500 at Monza or Veyron at London arena etc those tracks are not selected this time.
Settings next week will be for friends only.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: :cheers:
Geezer racing at the very best - Thanks Stewy!

I had a great time yesterday. It had been a long time since I could race with my fellow Geezers and I was missing it quite a lot. I almost finish my renovations so I will have more to for racing. Thank Stewy for putting this together, and thanks to all those who came out to race. Hope to see you all next Saturday.

I test ran all your car & track picks @Stewyripper. All are good & should be fun EXCEPT Daytona Road at night. :yuck:

I have night vision problems (eye doc says not to drive at night IRL) & can't pick out my brake zones & therefore I'm off course more than on. So I'll skip that 1. :( Otherwise, good to go. 👍

Cyas all on Saturday. :gtpflag:

I can be your guide if you like, just hold on tight, :D.

Back