GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Qualifying period will run as long as it takes me to get pole, so we could be there for a week or more. :):):)
Seriously if everyone wants a qualifying period, i would say ten minutes run alone so blue lines only no draughting, would give everyone the same chance, fastest starts at the back.
Daytona, anyone had rain there yet? :cheers:

Photo00171.jpg
This is for PapaGnr

Come to think of it: whe had a seasonal "survival" race at Daytona a few months ago, where we had rain... It did not rain every time though...

If memory serves correctly in that race the rain was only for a lap or two - wasn't it? If the rain is fairly early in the event, in a 10 lap race hopefully we can recover the time some of us (me for sure! :banghead:) will lose trying to get back on the track and catch back up with the pack. :cheers:

Qualifying period will run as long as it takes me to get pole, so we could be there for a week or more. :):):)
Seriously if everyone wants a qualifying period, i would say ten minutes run alone so blue lines only no draughting, would give everyone the same chance, fastest starts at the back.
Daytona, anyone had rain there yet? :cheers:
Hi Stewy,
I bought a Shelby 500 last night. The track was shown as dry, but I'm sure it was wet and probably was ICE the way the car slides around. Is there a tire setting for spiked tires? P Mallard

While digging up some young walnut trees in my garden (promised them to a friend) my back gave up on me.
Don't know if I can make the races on saturday...:indiff:

To all geezers Daytona is now cancelled due to some drivers having sight problems, my sight is good except when the whisky forces it's way down my throat.:lol::lol::lol:
The race will be replaced by a random one car event on a random track, hope this helps.
Next week will be a credit limited race on your car price.💡 Evil thoughts going through my head now haha.:lol::lol::lol:
Tomorrow geezers 2pm UK time 9 am Eastern :cheers:

Sorry @elgcee42. My intent was not to ruin anyone's fun. I should've started the race & then pulled over & parked & let
you lot battle it out. I can't speak for @Daduce1947 , but he'd probably do likewise.

Run the races as planned @Stewyripper. :gtpflag:
Yes PaPa, 100% on board with your note. I have to wear sunglasses to play (beginning stages of glaucoma) so I have to pass on night runs but I would have been there,, with you,, watching the others battle it out. I'm happy with what ever Stewy decides and intend being there either way. :) 👍👍

Sorry @elgcee42. My intent was not to ruin anyone's fun. I should've started the race & then pulled over & parked & let
you lot battle it out. I can't speak for @Daduce1947 , but he'd probably do likewise.

Run the races as planned @Stewyripper. :gtpflag:

Sorry @PapaGnr I was not being serious re dissapointment but thought @Stewyripper could simply change the settings to daylight. :gtpflag:

That has to be the funniest race session we've had yet! :dopey:...Absolutely fantastic! :lol::lol::lol:.

Thanks so much for letting me race with you guys! 👍.......and Girl! :)..👍.
And thanks to @Stewyripper for hosting! 👍.

I think i've got to do some hard thinking about my performance at Daytona with the GT500 though :crazy:
I was a complete joke. How I can perform like I did at Brands hatch and then follow up with that
complete shower of 🤬, I just can't fathom at the moment :embarrassed:.
I saw more of the grass than I did the track :lol::lol:.

My apologies to anyone who got punted by me at Daytona :guilty:.

I'm already looking forward to next weekend and what Stewy will cook up for us! :dopey:

Thanks again, for a great race session! 👍

:cheers:

I had another wonderful time with all my new friends. I did have to send my Samba bus to the auto body repair shop though, for some reason it looks like a golf ball.:D

I have to disinfect my steering wheel from all the sneezing I was doing earlier, lol. Laughing and sneezing simultaneously makes a mess, lol. Feeling much better now after a long sleep.

Thank you to everyone for letting me come race.

Thank you to all who took part yesterday, especially @whoosiergirl who just got off a 14 hour shift, with flu and still kicked our backsides. great fun was had by all. 👍👍👍
Next week's silly car will be the Daihatsu Midget 11 d type 98, fully tuned if you want, at Gran Turismo arena no rules 20 laps, just don't roll it. tried to get a snow or dirt event but they won't allow it. surprisingly this little car will do
127 mph, but not on this track. :lol::lol::lol:

That has to be the funniest race session we've had yet! :dopey:...Absolutely fantastic! :lol::lol::lol:.

Thanks so much for letting me race with you guys! 👍.......and Girl! :)..👍.
And thanks to @Stewyripper for hosting! 👍.

I think i've got to do some hard thinking about my performance at Daytona with the GT500 though :crazy:
I was a complete joke. How I can perform like I did at Brands hatch and then follow up with that
complete shower of 🤬, I just can't fathom at the moment :embarrassed:.
I saw more of the grass than I did the track :lol::lol:.

My apologies to anyone who got punted by me at Daytona :guilty:.

I'm already looking forward to next weekend and what Stewy will cook up for us! :dopey:

Thanks again, for a great race session! 👍

:cheers:

Don't think you should be worrying about your performance it was just one race and as you said the 'funniest session yet' so just enjoy it for the 'crack' it's what it's about, plus, of course some agricultural work and a visit or two to the kitty litter. :lol: :cheers:

Sorry to leave before the Samba Bus race but when management calls :scared: and foods involved :eek: but I think understand a little what it's about after the Dodgems at the start of the Astra race at Brands.

Thanks again Stewy for organising and hosting it plus a big thanks to all attended for making it so enjoyable. :gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back