GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Just finished racing with the guys in clasic car Sundays. Sick Cylinder hosts the room every Sunday at 12 noon est.

I had a blast! I believe we did 6 races 10 laps per race. There are a few open spots on the grid if you want to join in. It took about 2 hours total.

It was tight racing on Eiger but there was room to pass. Everyones lap times were within a second or two of each other so it was always anyones race if someone spins or puts it in a fence. Pretty clean races with a rub or bump here and there. All good fun with a great mix of drivers and well sorted group of clasic cars on the track.

I did my best to represent the geezers with my best race being a 3rd place finish in the Senna WSR F3.
Worst finish, um, Lets just say I had a great time.

Last edited:
Great reply, thanks. I drive a Holden - HSV Clubsport over your way.

I'm now finding myself wishing I was 3 years older so I could join your Geezers club, ha ha
Nice choice of car RavingBonkers, must have cost a packet in UK, they're listed here at $61k with the GTS model $93k.
One of my adult sons recently sold his SS-V Commodore while my eldest boy has a Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo (done up somewhat) which absolutely flies. Put your foot down in that and you're sucked back into the seat quick smart.

Glad you could join us in the classic car series @waukazoo - It was great racing with a Geezer!

Here's a shot of waukazoo in his Ferrari 250GTO doing his bit for the Geezers - and doing it well. 👍 Not (I think) his favorite car though. ;)

Eiger Nordwand Short Track_43.jpg

Any other Geezers that would like to support waukazoo and that would like to race (or watch) will be most welcome. (See links in signature)

Just to say a big thank you to all members of the GTP Geezer Club who have so far become ‘friends’ as well as to those who will and to ask for forgiveness if my responses are a little slow as I need time to ‘get up to speed’ in this new environment.

I am very impressed with the speeds of the Geezers who are ‘friends’ so far and now that I have someone to compare myself to will have to ‘try harder’ rather than achieving gold and giving up, although it must be said, I have doubts as to my ability to match the likes of zona99 & stewyripper :bowdown: but I’ll be trying.

Cheers to all and thanks to geezer1791 for the original idea, brilliant. :gtpflag:

Just to say a big thank you to all members of the GTP Geezer Club who have so far become ‘friends’ as well as to those who will and to ask for forgiveness if my responses are a little slow as I need time to ‘get up to speed’ in this new environment.

I am very impressed with the speeds of the Geezers who are ‘friends’ so far and now that I have someone to compare myself to will have to ‘try harder’ rather than achieving gold and giving up, although it must be said, I have doubts as to my ability to match the likes of zona99 & stewyripper :bowdown: but I’ll be trying.

Cheers to all and thanks to geezer1791 for the original idea, brilliant. :gtpflag:

I think you are spot on with this post...:) I thought every body would be slow just like me...

Geezers up Close

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Here is a style of racing which I find to be enormous fun. The objective is to make the racing as close as possible, and it doesn't matter who wins.

Members of the room adjust their cars between races in an attempt to bring all cars across the line close together.

The lobby is set up with no enforcement rules, since we are relying on everyone to handicap themselves. Drivers can choose any aids they like, because the objective is enjoyment. Everyone should be comfortable with their own choices of aids, cars, tires, tuning etc, so long as the result is close racing.

I have found this to work really well in small groups, and have never tried it with more than three on the track at once. It also worked really well in GT5 with collisions off, especially when the drivers choose a wide range of car types in the spectrum between muscle and handling.

If you are interested in this style of play, even if it’s only because, like me, you’re kinda slow, do send me a friend request.

Typically my best time of day is afternoons to evenings, Monday to Wednesday, Eastern Time USA.

Hello Fellow Geezers!

I've created a PSN ID just for Geezer activities especially hosting online rooms for Geezers only. I will only friend Geezers with this ID, though I still intend to keep my primary ID as a Geezer so ya'll can find and message me more reliably.

PSN ID = SCClockDr-GT5

Please friend this ID.

I've only raced online a few times over the last few years because of the childish behavior of a lot of drivers. They are just kids having fun, I would probably do the same if I was 50 years younger. But these races sounds like a good time. I'm happy to see that there are other Geezers out there enjoying the game.

Whoo-hoo! Logitech shipped my replacement G27 from Tenn. so I could have it tomorrow the 3rd.

Been working on SCClockDr-GT5 & have him qualified to go online & run Red Bull Junior Challenge to earn $$$. Expect to open a room soon prior to leaving on our summer RV trip.

Back