GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Geezers here are the rally results so far with one more stage to go tomorrow.

1 oldboy1943 27.48.394

2 stewyripper 27.58.809

3 matilda1234 28.11.079

4peppermallard 28.23.087

5 papagnr 28.26.842

6 geezer1791 29.11.992

Room open tomorrow at 13.30 UK time 08.30EST , racing starts 30 minutes later.
It will be the MINI COOPER 1.3 98 fully tuned, i have a tune i will give on the day for anyone who needs it.
Don't forget to put nos on.
See you all tomorrow :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hi Geezers! :dopey:

Just thought I'd stop by and say hi, and apologise for my disappearance.
I'm completely hooked on Project Cars now. GT6 just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I hope you are all well and fighting fit?!

All the best Geezers! Keep up the good work!
See you all soon racing on PS4 maybe :).

Once a Geezer! Always a Geezer! 👍

SW__10

:cheers:

Hi Geezers! :dopey:

Just thought I'd stop by and say hi, and apologise for my disappearance.
I'm completely hooked on Project Cars now. GT6 just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I hope you are all well and fighting fit?!

All the best Geezers! Keep up the good work!
See you all soon racing on PS4 maybe :).

Once a Geezer! Always a Geezer! 👍

SW__10

:cheers:

Sorry we lost you to another game - you could come slumming every now and then. All the best on PC 👍:cheers:

GEEZER TT RESULTS 7/8

Non Race Car @ Special Stage Rt 5 - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951 1.18.092, #65 ITW, Top 0.07%
GTsail2 1.18.859, #154 ITW, Top 0.16%
JotaFDuarte 1.19.199, #229 ITW, Top 0.24%
Geezer Top Ten- dlone47, mots63, bobby2227, zona99, matilda1234, stewyripper, pepper_mallard
7 Geezers in Top 500 - Top 0.54%
10 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 1.08%
33 of 34 Geezers got GOLD

Formula Gran Turismo @ Silverstone - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951 1.32.354, #251 ITW, Top 0.56%
JotaFDuarte 1.32.452, #280 ITW, Top 0.63%
GTsail2 1.32.529, #289 ITW, Top 0.65%
Geezer Top Ten - mots63, bobby2227, zona99, stewyripper, daduce1947, matilda1234, Ema-Nymton
7 Geezers in Top 500 - Top 1.12%
8 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 2.24%
22 of 25 Geezers got GOLD

GEEZERS ROCK :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

GEEZER DT RESULTS 7/8

FR Drive Non Race Car @ Tsukuba - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951, PapaGnr, macdog54
5 of 7 Geezers got GOLD

Race Car @ Silverstone - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951, PapaGnr, bobby2227
4 of 6 Geezers got GOLD

GEEZERS ROCK GOING SIDEWAYS :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

GEEZER TT RESULTS 7/8
Non Race Car @ Special Stage Rt 5 - Geezer Podium:
nordschleife1951 1.18.092, #65 ITW, Top 0.07%
GTsail2 1.18.859, #154 ITW, Top 0.16%

Last Thursday night, I saw that I was in 2nd place behind @nordschleife51 by nearly a second (he's on my friend list), so I was running some laps at the Special Stage Rt5 track to close down the gap, and I was on a very hot lap with an expected time of about 1:18.4xx when the clock struck "midnight" and the game said that my lap was invalid (the Seasonal TT's time had expired) so I lost my lap!:ouch::ill::(:(:grumpy:

After I got over my disappointment,:( I waited a minute or two to let the game reset and then saw that the new Seasonal was at Suzuka and that I could run my Honda NSX-R Prototype Road Car there (the car that I was already driving).

I quickly changed the PP value on my NSX to 530 and ran two laps at Suzuka and after my second lap, I got ranked in First place on the worldwide Leaderboard!:):)

For two or three minutes I was ranked number one!:dopey::drool:

Early bird catches the worm!:lol::D

See you on the tracks!:cheers:
GTsail

THIS is the stuff I like!
Even though... that 9:46,243 was not an exceptionally fast drive!
The record for the full track is from
2013 France Sébastien Loeb in a Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak with a record breaking 8:13.878.

I would definitely like to see the Pikes Peak course in GT6 (and if not in GT6, then at least in GT7).
There could be a constant ongoing competiton throughout the year or something like that, would be fun anyway!

Here's more Jeff Zwart video from this year's Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Turn up the volume and enjoy!

I seem to recall driving to the top of Pikes Peak in my 67 Camaro. Must have been around 1970. If I remember correctly, much of the road was gravel back then. Or am I wrong, that was a long time ago.

PS - I just looked it up - paved in 2011.

P Mallard

Bad news for me this morning, turned on PS3 to be greeted with 3 beeps and a flashing red light :confused:. After research it would appear I have the 'Yellow Light of Death' otherwise known as a 🤬 motherboard. :banghead: :banghead:

Seems there are some possibilities for resurrection by using a heat gun to melt the solder,:eek: worth a try I suppose, but of a greater nuisance is the fact the GT6 disk is still in the Blue Ray player. Presumably, when I've stripped the PS3 down I should be able to eject it with a separate power supply.:nervous: :scared:

I have ordered a 2nd hand PS3 500 GB Super Slim which should be here next week and have a fairly recent backup of data so should be up and running again soon. 👍

Meanwhile any suggestions on resurrection of old model would be appreciated. :cheers:

Bad news for me this morning, turned on PS3 to be greeted with 3 beeps and a flashing red light :confused:. After research it would appear I have the 'Yellow Light of Death' otherwise known as a 🤬 motherboard. :banghead: :banghead:

Seems there are some possibilities for resurrection by using a heat gun to melt the solder,:eek: worth a try I suppose, but of a greater nuisance is the fact the GT6 disk is still in the Blue Ray player. Presumably, when I've stripped the PS3 down I should be able to eject it with a separate power supply.:nervous: :scared:

I have ordered a 2nd hand PS3 500 GB Super Slim which should be here next week and have a fairly recent backup of data so should be up and running again soon. 👍

Meanwhile any suggestions on resurrection of old model would be appreciated. :cheers:

There are some decent tutorials on youtube that are supposed to work.
That would be my first place to look, good luck with it mate go easy with it i broke mine completely when i did it, being heavy handed did not help.
keep us posted as to how you get on.

Planning a four race event next weekend. tracks will be picked by voting on the day.
The cars, i am going to do a random pick on the kudosprime.com website now and what comes up is what we will race.
All races will be stock, oil change and brake balance can be changed only.
Going to pick cars now.
Car 1 1989 Mazda mx5 miata na 89 comfort soft tyres.
Car 2 2008 Suzuki sx4 wrc 08 Race hard tyres.
Car 3 1970 Ford Mustang Trans Cammer {grand touring garage} sports soft tyres.
Car 4 2008 Fiat 500 1.2 8v lounge ss 08 comfort medium tyres.

gone for stock tyres as well this time, you will need to go to some different tracks to try these cars as they are vastly different in the way they drive.
Enjoy.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
P1010788 small.JPG

All ready to begin heat treatment having just found the heat gun, unseen for several years, but currently awaiting delivery of thermal paste and cleaner, due tomorrow, so as I'm out Tuesday will start and hopefully complete, the work Wednesday. Have to do it then or I'll have forgotten how it all goes back together :lol:, after all I'm a geezer. :cheers:

View attachment 414166

All ready to begin heat treatment having just found the heat gun, unseen for several years, but currently awaiting delivery of thermal paste and cleaner, due tomorrow, so as I'm out Tuesday will start and hopefully complete, the work Wednesday. Have to do it then or I'll have forgotten how it all goes back together :lol:, after all I'm a geezer. :cheers:
GL bud, as for forgetting :confused: HOW IT GOES BACK TOGETHER,, I think you're doing the same as I do,, take tons of photos during disassembly 💡,, then follow them in reverse - it's the ONLY WAY I can manage these type projects anymore, now that I'm a GEEZER :cheers:

Planning a four race event next weekend. tracks will be picked by voting on the day.
The cars, i am going to do a random pick on the kudosprime.com website now and what comes up is what we will race.
All races will be stock, oil change and brake balance can be changed only.
Going to pick cars now.
Car 1 1989 Mazda mx5 miata na 89 comfort soft tyres.
Car 2 2008 Suzuki sx4 wrc 08 Race hard tyres.
Car 3 1970 Ford Mustang Trans Cammer {grand touring garage} sports soft tyres.
Car 4 2008 Fiat 500 1.2 8v lounge ss 08 comfort medium tyres.

gone for stock tyres as well this time, you will need to go to some different tracks to try these cars as they are vastly different in the way they drive.
Enjoy.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Just to make sure I understand, we will run 1 race with each car (our choice of car?), once used it's done with. Not choose one car for all races.

P.M.

Back