GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
I've given this a try:tup:

For my first attempt I used the aforementioned 1963 Honda S500, running with all upgrades (after an oil change my Honda shows a PPvalue of 375, and was able to win with a margin of 0.110 seconds over a Subaru Impreza WRX STi '94.:nervous::)

I then purchased a "new" 1964 Honda S600 and threw all the go-fast parts I could at it (but skipped the oil change), and had a Bathurst monster that had a PPvalue of 374!!:eek:

My first race was against a Subaru Impreza WRX STi Version II '95, and I took the win with a comfortable margin of 0.119 seconds!:) The race was great fun on the final lap because I was able to re-pass five cars (going thru the corners at the top of the mountain) who had previously passed me earlier in the third lap on the long-straight heading to the mountain.:scared:

After some slight tuning modifications, I then re-entered the race and took down a mighty powerful Honda NSX '01 by 0.098 seconds!:):scared: The Honda NSX was leaning on me (or was I leaning on him?) as we came across the Finish Line.:eek:

Great fun squeezing the Honda S500 past the AI in their late model cars.👍 Its narrow profile really helps finding the small spots for a pass!

See you on the Mountain!
GTsail

Glad you liked it! The fun thing is that every race has an interesting narrative. It's never a case of clawing your way to the front and then just dominating the field. Never. There's always a story.

I recommend the 1963 S500 which tops out at 87HP, and is terrific fun.

The same Honda S500/S600 cars can also win the Night Masters race at the Rotenboden Matterhorn (in the same National A Series).

I took both Honda's to the Matterhorn race and took down any and all AI competition!:sly::)

Winning margins between 0.240 seconds:nervous: and 5.912 seconds:lol:

The Honda's get left behind badly on the two uphills, but they go screaming past the AI cars on the downhills!:eek::)

Who knew that driving a small suitcase on wheels was so fast going down steep hills!:boggled:

I don't know why the AI are so slow on the downhills, but thankfully they are, so you get to catch them even after they pull a lead on you on the final lap.:)

:cheers:
See you on the Mountain!
GTsail

Good morning Geezers.
Today's events will start at the usual time.
13.30 UK 08.30 ET room open racing starts about 30 minutes later .

1/ Mazda bp falken rx7 03.👍👍👍
2/ 1989 Isuzu 4200r.👍👍👍
3/ 1998 Lotus Esprit v8 se 98. 👍👍👍
All the above cars are very evenly matched, oil changes allowed and brake balance changes allowed, apart from that stock everything including tyres.

There are two more cars for races time permitting.
1/ 2011 toyota Camry 11 Denny Hamlin FEDEX nascar.
2/ 2002 SRT Viper GTS 02.
These two can be fully tuned, anyone got a problem with tunes i will be on most days at 2pm UK, 9.00 am EST, or send a message.
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Do you like driving race cars and driving past the AI race cars?

Then I have a race for you:

The 15 Minute Ascari race in the International A career series

The race is limited to a PP value of 650 but I decided to try the race with a little less, so I ran it with 630PP and I ran the race with my trusty Pescarolo Courage C60 '03 (HP 514, Wgt 950).

The game throws an assortment of race cars at you in this race, but I recommend requesting a new grid if you get the McLaren GTR '97 on pole.:nervous:

The lineup I tried had a GTR R35 Touring Car on pole with the Ford GT LM Spec Test Car in second.

The idea is to drive thru the field and pass the entire field and if your pace is fast enough you can complete 8 laps within 15 minutes, and this will give you a bonus lap to catch any cars that you haven't previously lapped:mischievous:;)

The following are my lap times for my second attempt at this:
Lap1: 1:53.746
Lap2: 1:50.618
Lap3: 1:49.627
Lap4: 1:49.867
Lap5: 1:50.485
Lap6: 1:51.541
Lap7: 1:51.436
Lap8: 1:51.666
Lap9: 1:51.279

Race time: 16.40.265

Near the end of lap # 5, I began lapping the AI cars.:) They get in the way a little but nothing really too bad, and they seem to be pretty considerate. Perhaps they are receiving a blue flag!:) As you can see, I got to the end of lap # 8 with about 10 seconds to spare, so I received the bonus lap and motored on!:)

In the above race, I lapped the entire field and lapped the last place Calibra Touring Car twice!:)

Other race cars could be used, but I particularly like driving the Pescarolo Courage C60 so its my recommendation.

I have also just won the race and lapped the entire grid with the same Pescarolo Courage C60 de-tuned down to 625PP, but had to work quite a bit harder during the race to run quick enough lap times, so I recommend the slightly higher PPvalue if you want to be sure to lap the entire field.

Give it a try if you need a change of pace from driving the Honda's around in the dark!:D

GTsail

One thing I been doing for fun involves the current 400 PP Beginner's seasonal at Willow Springs. It gets kinda interesting if you try to hit all the traffic cones around the track (ALL of them) and yet still win the race. This takes a bit of strategic thinking, with only three laps. I can't say I've done it yet, but I'm sure a drifting ancient alien could do it... 👍

Well done to all you geezers who raced yesterday, lots of close racing and paint swapping.
Next week we have 4 races and the silly race will be back time permitting.

1st race will be at Monza with the BMW M5 2005 fully tuned, free tyre choice, fuel and tyres on very fast. 10 laps.

2nd race will be at Silverstone with the Subaru BRZ GT300 base model 2012 fully tuned, fuel and tyres on very fast. 12 laps.

3rd race wil be at Le Sarthe with the Shelby series one supercharged 2003, fuel and tyres on very fast. 7 laps.

4th race will be the BMW 507 1957 at Nurburgring Nordschleife fully tuned, weather on. 3 laps.

It is free tyre choice on all cars, have some fast fun.

Thinking evil thoughts for the silly cars. :scared::scared::scared:

Have some fast fun,

Enjoy geezers.
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Hey Stew,
I was pointed in your direction by nowcontrol after posting an Over the Hill Gang interest. I'm currently 50 and very interested in playing online. I've been a Gran Turismo head since the first one came out in 97'. I read that your age requirement was 70 but thought I would ask anyhow. My age is 50 but my body feels like 70, does that count? :cheers:
If you're steadfast on keeping the age limit at 70 or close to it, I understand. I was just looking for fellow geezers/over the hillers to race with online. Let me know.
Thanks!

Hey Stew,
I was pointed in your direction by nowcontrol after posting an Over the Hill Gang interest. I'm currently 50 and very interested in playing online. I've been a Gran Turismo head since the first one came out in 97'. I read that your age requirement was 70 but thought I would ask anyhow. My age is 50 but my body feels like 70, does that count? :cheers:
If you're steadfast on keeping the age limit at 70 or close to it, I understand. I was just looking for fellow geezers/over the hillers to race with online. Let me know.
Thanks!
Check the OP in this thread and you'll see that you will be elegible for membership in the year you become 60, but you are welcome to join us online any time you see a Geezer room open. You are technically a Geezling but we like to race with anyone who drives clean and has a sense of humor. Thanks for your interest and maybe you can start your OTHG for Geezlings. :cheers: :cheers:

One thing I been doing for fun involves the current 400 PP Beginner's seasonal at Willow Springs. It gets kinda interesting if you try to hit all the traffic cones around the track (ALL of them) and yet still win the race. This takes a bit of strategic thinking, with only three laps. I can't say I've done it yet, but I'm sure a drifting ancient alien could do it... 👍

After a reconnaissance lap, and after six full attempts (and a few re-starts) I think I've done this!:):dopey:

I knocked down 71 cones so I'm pretty sure I got them all, and I won the race by 0.927 seconds!:)

I saved the replay so I'm going back and checking the carnage as soon as I'm done typing!:)

I think that I have mapped out a good pattern to knock down the cones, so I'm sure I could improve the winning margin with some more practice.

Annoyingly, sometimes the cones don't get knocked over, but just get displaced a bit, so when you come around again on the next lap the cone is still standing.:eek: So I think I hit two cones twice!! I hit these cones on my next lap just to be sure.:dopey::grumpy:

Update:
----------
Checked replay, and all 71 cones were hit!:)
56 cones on lap # 1
15 cones on lap # 2
2 cones on lap # 3 that were displaced but still standing so I hit them again!:mischievous::dopey:

Extra info:
On one of my earlier un-successful attempts, I was trying to knock down one of the wayward cones near the end of a lap, and lost track of where I was and ended up driving down pit-lane instead.:dopey::dunce: Needless to say this compromised my 3 lap race!:ill::D

Good fun!
GTsail

Last edited:
:dopey:
After a reconnaissance lap, and after six full attempts (and a few re-starts) I think I've done this!:):dopey:

I knocked down 71 cones so I'm pretty sure I got them all, and I won the race by 0.927 seconds!:)

I saved the replay so I'm going back and checking the carnage as soon as I'm done typing!:)

I think that I have mapped out a good pattern to knock down the cones, so I'm sure I could improve the winning margin with some more practice.

Annoyingly, sometimes the cones don't get knocked over, but just get displaced a bit, so when you come around again on the next lap the cone is still standing.:eek: So I think I hit two cones twice!! I hit these cones on my next lap just to be sure.:dopey::grumpy:

Update:
----------
Checked replay, and all 71 cones were hit!:)
56 cones on lap # 1
15 cones on lap # 2
2 cones on lap # 3 that were displaced but still standing so I hit them again!:mischievous::dopey:

Extra info:
On one of my earlier un-successful attempts, I was trying to knock down one of the wayward cones near the end of a lap, and lost track of where I was and ended up driving down pit-lane instead.:dopey::dunce: Needless to say this compromised my 3 lap race!:ill::D

Good fun!
GTsail
Dang!! That's GREAT! I been trying to do one side of track on one lap, other side of track on the next lap, then catch up and win on last lap. Hasn't worked for me yet. I'm really glad you had fun and were able to do it! :lol:
:cheers:👍

Edit: Finally did it! Used a Nissan Cube, LOL! Took most cones out on first lap, cleaned up on second, and raced from 7th position for the win in last lap. yaaaay!

Last edited:
Hey Stew,
Thanks!

Hey Max, we will have a room open for the races posted above {post 2348} on Saturday 8th August at 13.30 Uk
08.30 EST racing starts at about 09.00 EST 14.00 UK.
If you have a headset wear it, takes too long to type.
Most days there will be a room open at about 14.00 UK for testing and chatting etc, be good to see you there.
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:dopey:
Edit: Finally did it! Used a Nissan Cube, LOL! Took most cones out on first lap, cleaned up on second, and raced from 7th position for the win in last lap. yaaaay!

Well done!!👍

My cone destruction follows a similar pattern as you mention.

The cones are set up in small groups and I go after most of them on lap one, some clean-up on lap two and then streak to the finish on lap three.:)

The pattern I use is as follows:
--------------------------------
Lap one: four, four, five, ten, eight, six, three, three, eleven, two
Lap two: three, three, four, five
Lap three: none, unless you hit a displaced cone for extra points!

GTsail

Last edited:
Good morning geezers i have put up a time trial challenge in the club room you can use 3 cars.
1, Subaru BRZ GT300 base model. 2, BMW M5 2005. 3, Shelby Series One Supercharged 2003.
Do the trial in all 3 cars see who is fastest in each class.
The trial is closing on 18th August so plenty of time.
Have as many goes as you like.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Another round of Seasonals & lo & behold, another Gixer event. :banghead:

Yeah, I saw that this morning:boggled:

Do you have a car in mind that a few us Geezer types could use instead?

I've already run some laps in my Suzuki GSX with my Geezer TT game:guilty:, but I would be willing to try something else with one of my other game profiles.

See you in the Valley!
GTsail

So far a few of us used the Miura

My Miura is over-used as well since its also very fast and punches above its PP weight!:)

But it is an excellent car!!👍

I've run a lap with the GT by Citroen road car, and its decent though heavy and prone to wagging its tail. Not really a Geezer car though!:dopey:

What about the 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400?

The Countach is fast and is quite a nice drive:) Hmm... but maybe too fast.

Edit update:
--------------
Or maybe to tie-in with the other Seasonal, we should try an older American muscle car:

maybe the 1969 Chevy Camaro or the Ford Mustang Mach 1?

GTsail

Last edited:
I've tried both the Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71 and the Chevy Camaro SS '69 and have decided that my tune for the Chevy Camaro is terrible:grumpy:, so I'm going with the Mach 1!💡

After about 10 laps in the Grand Valley TT with the Mach 1, I've run a nice fast 1:09.957 lap:)

This was with my GTsail3 game, and I'm ranked in 5000th place as I type,:ill: but only in 6th place on my friends list!:)

The Ford Mustang Mach 1 is a decent drive, give it a try:cheers:

See you in the Valley!
GTsail

Last edited:
GEEZER TT RESULTS - 8/5

Pre 1980 Amer Car @ Trial Mountain - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951 1.28.734, #67 ITW, Top 0.08%
TIE - JotaFDuarte & GTsail2 1.29.208, #114 ITW, Top 0.13%
Geezer Top Ten - mots63, bobby2227, stewyripper, matilda1234, daduce1947, Xposed2Play, Ema-Nymton
5 Geezers in Top 250, Top 0.29%
7 Geezers in Top 1000, Top 1.2%
ALL 35 Geezers got GOLD :bowdown: :cheers: :cheers:

Megane Trophy @ Brands Hatch - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951 1.22.125, #86 ITW, Top 0.11%
JotaFDuarte 1.22.249, #103 ITW, Top 0.13%
bobby2227 1.22.818, #227 ITW, Top 0.30%
Geezer Top Ten - dlone47, stewyripper, mots63, matilda1234, Ema-Nymton, GTsail2, pepper_mallard
6 Geezers in Top 500, Top 0.66%
11 Geezers in Top 1000, Top 1.3%
30 of 36 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers Rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

GEEZER DT RESULTS - 8/5

Euro Non Race Car @ Grand Valley - Geezer Podium: Toppy_JOE, nordschleife1951, bobby2227
7 of 8 Geezers got GOLD

Mid Engine RWD @ Brands Hatch - Geezer Podium: Oslaf510, macdog54, nordschleife1951
5 of 8 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers Rock Sideways Too :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

Geezers not long now till the fast one

1st race will be at Monza with the BMW M5 2005 fully tuned, free tyre choice, fuel and tyres on very fast. 10 laps.

2nd race will be at Silverstone with the Subaru BRZ GT300 base model 2012 fully tuned, fuel and tyres on very fast. 12 laps.

3rd race wil be at Le Sarthe with the Shelby series one supercharged 2003, fuel and tyres on very fast. 7 laps.

4th race will be the BMW 507 1957 at Nurburgring Nordschleife fully tuned, weather on. 3 laps.

room will be open at 13.30 UK 08.30 EST, racing starts about 30 minutes later.

It is free tyre choice on all cars.

Thinking evil thoughts for the silly cars. :scared::scared::scared:

Have some fast fun,

see you on track.

singing in the rain.

I tried the Mach 1 & could only get a 1:10.976 best after 10 laps.

Then ran the 69 Camaro Z28 & got a best 1:09.976.

I even went so far as to try the 66 427 Cobra & only ran 1:10.347.

Lots more Muscle Cars to try yet. 👍

A Huge Thanks to Stewy & Friends for another Great racing session. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hope to see you next weekend. :gtpflag:

Have a go in the '71 365 GTB4 - love that car, did a 1:08.7xx. And yes, Stewy and gang made for another great racing Saturday. 👍👍👍

A big thank you to the geezers who turned up today to help with the TC series setup.
Consequently the series will start next Saturday as planned.
The track will be Indy road 15 laps stock setup and the car will be the Vauxhall Astra Touring car, normal oil changes etc.
Tyres, there will be three races of which you can use race soft, medium, and hard. You can only use one compound once.then it is discarded for the next race.
There will be a short practice period then qualifying for the first race only. Qualifying must take place on the same tyre compound you will use in the first race, reverse grid order will be used after race one.
There will be a success ballast for the top ten, i will explain this on the day.
Again a big thank you to @PapaGnr , @pmallard . and @matilda1234 for your valuable help in getting this series up and running. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Back