GTP GT5 Photomode FAQ & Tutorial Depot - Answers to questions here!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 391 comments
My biggest question is, some images are so high definition
6162450293_9bec9f9e6d.jpg

While some are lower quality like
6167457260_e1d2fba210.jpg

I honestly don't know how to get that good quality (1st pic). And both are from the PMC, so they are unedited. :confused:

And this is mine. Notice how low-quality it is compared to the Mustang pic.
6054225177_94f69c5f2b.jpg
Some pics posted in this forum are altered with filtres and techniques like HDR etc. In the first pic you posted I'm pretty sure the autor used Panning 3 and lowered the shutter speed at 1/60, focused on the car and then took the photo. Then he also (maybe) used photoshop or other program to give the photo a better shape, i.e. the reflections (maybe HDRed).

That said, the lightning of the track is very important: Circuit de Madrid is a very bright circuit, while La Sarthe with rain is pretty grayish.

Ciao Magawolaz,

your photo was created using the miniature filter:

6054225177_94f69c5f2b.jpg

This filter puts the focus right in the center of your picture.
The rest will be blurred to simulate an effect that shows when miniatur (scaled) models are captured by a real camera.
As mentioned in this thread right in the beginning:
"Miniature: Obscure the front and rear of the subject with a lens tilt to give a miniaturizing effect."

Last edited:
Why do my pictures come out too dark when I put them in a photomode thread? Ive even gone back to photobucket and lightened the pictures yet once I've brought them over to here they always come out too dark.

Any suggestions guys?

A question that is probably more relevant here than in the general Q&A section:

A bunch of race cars (especially SuperGT/JGTC cars) have rearview screens instead of mirrors. When I'm taking shots of the cars in photo mode, the screens are black in all except one car I've noticed, and that's the Xanavi Nismo Z. Are there any other cars where the screen still shows the image in the replay/photo mode?

Why do my pictures come out too dark when I put them in a photomode thread? Ive even gone back to photobucket and lightened the pictures yet once I've brought them over to here they always come out too dark.

Any suggestions guys?

I never seem to have that problem (though images do appear washed-out on the PC compared to my TV), but try bumping up the EV a bit before shooting then 👍

A question that is probably more relevant here than in the general Q&A section:

A bunch of race cars (especially SuperGT/JGTC cars) have rearview screens instead of mirrors. When I'm taking shots of the cars in photo mode, the screens are black in all except one car I've noticed, and that's the Xanavi Nismo Z. Are there any other cars where the screen still shows the image in the replay/photo mode?

Hm, I've never noticed that, so can't help you there, unfortunately!

I've updated the FAQ portion with relevant 2.0 update info. Specifically:

Q: Since we'll be walking, can we take pictures of our avatar? (UPDATED: 10.11.11)
A: With Spec 2.0 released, you are now able to take pictures of your tame racing driver! Some say you can only do this in Photo Travel. Others say you must press Triangle after placing your camera in one of the designated spots, to toggle him on and off. All we know is... he's available now!

:D

Has anyone tried deleting their entire library? I have over 6,000+ photos and I want to know roughly how long it takes the sytem takes to get rid of them.

Guys, about those Grand Tour events, i won them all but didn't watch any transition, if I do them again, will there be a transition to watch so i can get the missing photo locations?

PS: Found out myself.

Last edited:
Guys i have a question, What programs are people using to edit the images from photomode apart from like photoshop? I used to be very good at photoshop but i've since those days was in a car accident so the brain doesn't function as well as it once did!

Any tutorials on ppl editing photos, with photoshop or what other programs are there? i want to get back into editing i guess..

Guys i have a question, What programs are people using to edit the images from photomode apart from like photoshop? I used to be very good at photoshop but i've since those days was in a car accident so the brain doesn't function as well as it once did!

Any tutorials on ppl editing photos, with photoshop or what other programs are there? i want to get back into editing i guess..

I use Microsoft Picture Premium, which is a tuned down version of Photoshop, with a very friendly interface and also, and more important, free to download from Microsoft :)

GIMP is a free program very similar to Photoshop that can be used.

sorry if this has been asked before... but as i've been browsing the photomode galleries, ive noticed that some people have 2 cars in their shots... eg Focus ST and Focus WRW. Looks like they were taken in photomode not photo travel... any idea how to do this?? I tried one with my 89 & 07 MX-5 in arcade mode, but couldnt enter photomode :s

Searched the thread and didn't see a recent mention of this. Magnification is available in replays now.

has any one a clue how i can repair the are in the red box ?

i am using photoshop cs4 original pic size 3840x2160

Magnification - Doubles the pixel count (available in Photo Travel only).
File Type - JPEG or 3D Photo (requires 3D TV to be selected).

These 2 need to be amended.

Magnification - Doubles the pixel count (available in Photo Travel only).
File Type - JPEG or 3D Photo (requires 3D TV to be selected).

These 2 need to be amended.

yes it is Jpeg and magnification 2 , but i would like to know how you can repair the greenish pixels and the dark bright grey area to be smooth and not that "stepped"

yes it is Jpeg and magnification 2 , but i would like to know how you can repair the greenish pixels and the dark bright grey area to be smooth and not that "stepped"
Why not smudge those parts through photoshop?

Sorry if this has been ask before , but i can't seem to take a picture of a car in motion . When i pause the replay I cant find anything which allows the car to look like its moving . Please could somebody shed some light on this for me , thanks in advance 👍

Is the red bull hangar available in night time only? Everytime I enter the location it is day, but turns to night when getting behind the camera. Do I have to wait for a specific time to get daylight, or wait longer?

anybody knows? i can't find the answer.

TNX

Sorry if this has been ask before , but i can't seem to take a picture of a car in motion . When i pause the replay I cant find anything which allows the car to look like its moving . Please could somebody shed some light on this for me , thanks in advance 👍

Shutter speed to 1/60 (max 1/250)
Aperture to f 2.0
focal 80 (max 140)
You can select (triangle) the panning mode so you shoot the car: 1.very blurred, 2.normal, 3.steady.

I excuse my self with pro photographers, this is only a fast suggestion.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, you better read this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&t=137684

???MY QUESTION??? Anybody knows, please?
Is the red bull hangar available in night time only? Everytime I enter the location it is day, but turns to night when getting behind the camera. Do I have to wait for a specific time to get daylight, or wait longer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I would post this.

The OP says that the Magnification option is only available in Photo Travel, which is not true anymore. You can take shots from replays with x2 Magnification. :)

Hey guys I need some help please.
I already have a host for my albums where i collect all my memories, therefore I'd like to continue use it because shifting to flickr or any other will take me a lot of time and also in this portal i have my email cloud docs; this one is also very good because of the FTP uploading.

But I noticed a problem with the forum...
The host basically do a very useful thing, it creates for every image an absolute link where the last letters of the files identify whether to point to the thumb, the preview, or the original, as follows:
THUMB
http://img2.fotoalbum.virgilio.it/v/www1-3/593/59313/531821/TokyoR246_2-th.jpg
TokyoR246_2-th.jpg

PREVIEW
http://img2.fotoalbum.virgilio.it/v/www1-3/593/59313/531821/TokyoR246_2-vi.jpg
TokyoR246_2-vi.jpg

ORIGINAL
http://img2.fotoalbum.virgilio.it/v/www1-3/593/59313/531821/LagunaSecaRaceway_3-or.jpg

The problem is, as you can see, that for some reason the original image is not loaded in the forum..., but try to open the link:
1.CTRL+click it doesn't load !!!
2.COPY and PASTE the link in the addres bar, it LOADS ... (so the image exist),
or look here where i posted other links (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6217049#post6217049). How should it be. Any photo host expert have a clue, please?

EDIT: looking in the GTPLANET ipad app, the original pictures ARE loaded... Boh

Last edited:
Powerdrome, it looks like those files have been deleted from the image host.

Sorry Jordan,
that was another problem, but now it is solved ...they rebuild the links...
don't know exactly what but now the album works again,

STILL i have the problem that i was telling before... have a look at the last image/link

http://img2.fotoalbum.virgilio.it/v/www1-3/593/59313/531821/LagunaSecaRaceway_3-or.jpg

if you copy and paste in the address bar it loads, clicking from the forum or in the post, NOT!!!

EDIT: looking in the GTPLANET ipad app, the original pictures ARE loaded... Boh?!?!

You're embedding the image properly, but the image host is apparently preventing the original file from being hot-linked (embedded) on other websites such as GTPlanet. There's nothing you can do, short of hosting it with another service. It would display within the iPad app because the app is requesting the file directly (that's the same as loading it from your address bar) instead of requesting it from an actual web page.

I have a list of recommended image services here.

You're embedding the image properly, but the image host is apparently preventing the original file from being hot-linked (embedded) on other websites such as GTPlanet. There's nothing you can do, short of hosting it with another service. It would display within the iPad app because the app is requesting the file directly (that's the same as loading it from your address bar) instead of requesting it from an actual web page.

I have a list of recommended image services here.

Ok Jordan, thanks.

instead of switching to another host should i use the second type of image (preview?), i guess yes but i have to accept a lower resolution, right?

One last try please because i remember the very first time i posted my first image it worked with the full resolution, i'll try here:

http://img1.fotoalbum.virgilio.it/v/www1-1/593/59313/531821/CapeRingperimetrale-or.jpg
CapeRingperimetrale-or.jpg

you see... now it is working... i just opened that image from my host in full res, so now it is working...
maybe it kind save it in memory but after some minutes it deletes it? what u think?

EDIT: 4.54 PM_ not working anymore

Last edited:
It looks like the site just doesn't like you embedding their images here. As I mentioned in PM (and like Jordan suggested a few posts above), it'd make much more sense to just use another hosting service for your images to avoid this issue. 👍

R1600Turbo - Doh, I could've swore I updated that. Doing so now!

Back