GTP GT5 Photomode FAQ & Tutorial Depot - Answers to questions here!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 391 comments
Question: If I wanted to make my own gallery, do I have to make a thread in the main Photomode forum and let the mods move it, or can I just go to the gallery sub-forum and make it there myself??

I'm not really sure why people are created them in this forum. There's no reason not to make them in the Galleries sub-forum; that's why it exists, after all :)

Slipz: I found the patch 1.05 added batch export to XMB function. It actually exports all your photos to XMB. However you can try to narrow your photo listing with specific location to display the latest batch photo you have just took.

I just tried that for my update today Franz; didn't even think to narrow down to each track, that makes it so much better. :cheers: for that!

I don't want to start a new thread about this, but has anyone noticed the poor exposure control in photomode. In poor exposure methods, I am meaning that aperture and shutterspeed do absolutely nothing in terms of the final image. I will try and do a photoshoot and try to get the the bottom of this, but it seems like aperture will only deal with 'bokeh' and shutterspeed will deal with motion blur. I guess in someways it is nice that GT5 will always get a good exposure, but I find if the exposure could be controlled 3-ways via Shutterspeed, aperture and exposure compensation it would allow for more creative liberty. Although I would say doing something like that would increase a new complexity into photomode, which might not be in the best interest of casual users.

Can someone please help me? I managed to transfer my photos to a flash drive by formatting the drive to FAT32 because it didn't show up in XMB before.

But now in Windows 7 it won't recognze the drive because its FAT32 and I can't access the photos.

What do i do? :banghead:

The first time I went through Grand Tour, I skipped the transition vids because I wanted to race. (Of course)

Nothing unlocked.

Last night I entered the first one and just kept clicking "next race" and sitting through the vids after reading that tip in one of the threads here.

Before each race welcome screen, I received notification that I had unlocked the location relative to the previous transition.

Thanks for that, was about to post a question about this. I did the same, had completed the events but had apparently skipped the videos, and wondered why I didn't get any locations. Now I loaded the first event, and just skipped to "next" without driving, and made sure not to click anything during loading to not skip the videos. Went through them all, and it seemed to unlock all the locations.

Does anybody know how many locations there actually are?

I've tried serchin on GTP but pretty much every thread I find seems to be about the Grand Tour locations lol

Anyway, I have:

Kyoto - Gion
Bern - Maktgasse
Ahrweiler - Town Square
Ahrweiler - Street
Kyoto - Shoren-in
San Galgano - Abby
San Gimignano - Town Square
Siena - Piazza del Campo
RedBull Hanger 7
Lucerne - Chapel Bridge

I'm pretty sure I have seen photo's taken that look to have been taken in a car park but not sure???

Thanks!

Make sure to use the manual focus (hit Square) while targeting the car body to have the focus on it. After you've hit Square once, remember you can then rotate or move the camera and the focus will stay on the car, allowing you to change the framing of the shot. Then, just ensure your shutter speed is fairly slow (1/60 being the slowest possible in races) so that motion blur takes care of the wheels.

Make sure to use the manual focus (hit Square) while targeting the car body to have the focus on it. After you've hit Square once, remember you can then rotate or move the camera and the focus will stay on the car, allowing you to change the framing of the shot. Then, just ensure your shutter speed is fairly slow (1/60 being the slowest possible in races) so that motion blur takes care of the wheels.

Thanks, i have lots of cars in mind to grab good shots with, so i'll try it out

Is the red bull hangar available in night time only? Everytime I enter the location it is day, but turns to night when getting behind the camera. Do I have to wait for a specific time to get daylight, or wait longer?

How do you keep the car in clear focus, but the rims blurred to simulate movement? I keep gettin it all wrong lol

Try pressing triangle and setting the panning thing to mode 3 or 3. These will generally keep your car frozen but will apply motion blur to the track/wheels/whatever's moving.

Remember to lower your shutter speed! 1/60-1/250 generally give good blurring.

Also, if you want to update the opening tutorial, batch exporting to XMB is available now.

I asked this question in the "How to Save Replays From Multiplayer"
thread, but no one answered and it's already almost to the bottom of the page. Maybe I'll have better luck asking here:
I can't get this to work on Nurburgring Nordshliefe time change, with only me in the lounge. When the race ends it loads the next one and clears the results before I get a chance to click the results button. Very frustrating because I need a picture from a certain time of day and I can't adjust it in practice mode or arcade mode.

Hy, i have a question and i would really like to know what to do:
Ok, how do you display the flames coming from exsausts on photo???
I mean i capture the car when the flames coming out of the exsausts with pause button, but when i want to shoot the photo the flames are not there? So what must i do so they will be just like i captured the scene with pause button, but i dont know how?

I use Flickr, but I am new to this. So forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there a way I can use Flickr to post pictures on here and allow people to click on them to access a big size picture without allowing them access to my photostream?

I seem to be having a problem adding my pics to a thread here. :grumpy: I read the tutorials for both Flickr and Photobucket and understand that it's pretty easy, but all I get in my Previews are a red "X" where my pic/thumbnail should be.

It seems pretty easy, but I just can't get it. I am using the BBC code and clicking on the "Insert Image" button above but all I get is this:

HELP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Capn.

I've edited your post to show what the code should look like: when using Flickr, you'll never have to use the Image button in posts here; just go to where you copied the code originally, but make sure to grab the BB Code, not the HTML that you originally grabbed. Then you just paste it wholesale into your reply.

Basically, if it's square brackets - [ ] - then you've got the right code. If it's < and >, wrong one 👍

Hello, Capn.

I've edited your post to show what the code should look like: when using Flickr, you'll never have to use the Image button in posts here; just go to where you copied the code originally, but make sure to grab the BB Code, not the HTML that you originally grabbed. Then you just paste it wholesale into your reply.

Basically, if it's square brackets - [ ] - then you've got the right code. If it's < and >, wrong one 👍

Hey great! I will try this out...thanks!

Excellent guide.

Does anyone have a problem with getting to close to the car in Photomode. When I zoom in or use the menu bar to adjust the focul length I can sometimes get a message "You are too close, move back"
The message doesn't always appear and I have got some good closeups, but other times the message appears and i don't know what i have done differently to cause it.
Anyone got any ideas???
Thanks

I don't know why but I have problems about how the picture's lighting looks darker than what I shot from my TV ( 40'' Samsung LCD/LED with HDMI) when I open the same pic on my laptop. HELP!!

Excellent guide.

Does anyone have a problem with getting to close to the car in Photomode. When I zoom in or use the menu bar to adjust the focul length I can sometimes get a message "You are too close, move back"
The message doesn't always appear and I have got some good closeups, but other times the message appears and i don't know what i have done differently to cause it.
Anyone got any ideas???
Thanks

you can't zoom on standard cars too much, only premium ones

How do you keep the car in clear focus, but the rims blurred to simulate movement? I keep gettin it all wrong lol

When you are in Photomode, press triangle and choose mode. Three pan options, choose pan 2 or 3. They keep the focus of the car sharp whilst having all moving parts blurred simulating movement. if you adjust the ISO and F-Stop settings you can change the level of blur.

Back