GTP GT5 Photomode FAQ & Tutorial Depot - Answers to questions here!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 391 comments
Just reading the thread, Parameter option should mean you can press left and right to go between the different options (like focal length) and use up and down to adjust them. Check the image and you can see the up and down arrows above and below 'F 8.0' those arrows would move between the various options so you can edit them. Assuming this isn't a mockup anyway.

It would be great to take out saved really plays and brake them down frame by frame to get the right picture.

Nice Slip! Hopefully I can get my skills up. 👍

Last edited:
I think it would be good, if you needed to give the aperture some thought. Because using a lower aperture in real life, will allow more light to enter the lens and camera.

As I hint in the post; I know what it does in real life, but aperture only affects the DoF in-game in GT4. Until we get a hint that it reflects reality in GT5, it's more likely it still functions the same in this new game.

Thanks! I'm just used to the zoom in and out.
I would be nice to have a proper long exposure (bulb) mode for night shots.
I improved my photography skills with the photomode from GT4, so I'm looking forward to this new photomode and, obviously, GT5.

That's actually what Analog had asked me about last week; long exposure shots, since he had seen some of the light-trail images from Le Mans. I too would love to see stuff like that incorporated. It did give me an idea for the main post; new Q added about shutter speeds! 👍

Well I have assumption. Maybe when you go into photo mode; a list will pop up of your garage, and you can select the cars you wanna take photos of. Also, Great thread. 👍

I'm imagining they'll treat it that way; it's logical. Hope they explain it to us eventually, at least prior to release!

Great thread... Photomode was a very cool feature of GT4 and Tourist Trophy, a good replay system and the ability to take pictures is part of a good simulation. BTW, I don't know if I dreamed it or what, but I think I've read something about uploading replays directly to Youtube...

Photo and video, two things that help a lot to build community.

There has been talks of Youtube for video, you aren't dreaming! They haven't touched on that again though, and I agree, it'll help the community a lot as well, especially with the online racing!

I was always thinking how cool it would be to have off camera lighting and flashes. It could definitely produce some awesome results

That'd be awesome, but I imagine it's probably more than what PD is willing to do right now, since it would turn the game into a photography simulator ;). Having a studio setting where we can move our lighting just like our camera though would actually be pretty straight-forward... so maybe?

Corrections:

# Siena Campo -> Siena, Piazza del Campo
# Sangi Mignano -> San Gimignano
# San Galgano -> (OK)

All of them are in the Siena province in the Toscana (Tuscany) region, Italy.

Awesome, thanks Shirakawa! :cheers:

It would be great to take out saved really plays and brake them down frame by frame to get the right picture.

This also brought another Q into the main post that hopefully gets answered; anybody who dealt with replays and photo shoots in GT4 knows how badly we need a rewind feature.

I'm glad you all enjoy the thread, thanks for the kind words!

It will be good to see, how photo stitching turns out via GT5's photomode. But before anyone asks, you will need multiple shots to do photo stitching.

So I was googling gran turismo hd and came across this link:
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/gran-turismo-hd-1080p-60fps-screens-show-its-worth-the-wait.html

gthd5_qjpreviewth.jpg

We know we can move around in photo mode in 1st person view, but do you think we can pose our driver with the car? It makes sense since we can now customize our avatar to some extent. Now we see photos of Vettel with the X1, maybe this is possible in photomode

red-bull-x1-prototype-15.jpg

We know we can move around in photo mode in 1st person view, but do you think we can pose our driver with the car? It makes sense since we can now customize our avatar to some extent. Now we see photos of Vettel with the X1, maybe this is possible in photomode

It could be the case. when i heard about being able to walk about in photomode i pictured a first person experience that you could switch in and out of but that there wouldnt be a physical body there to photgraph. If you can then I hope we get the chance to change our avatars more than once.

Very nice post. Thanks.

I wonder if there will be an online photo gallery; like sorted in different categories with highest rated, etc., allowing us to easily share our photos :).

So I was googling gran turismo hd and came across this link:
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/gran-turismo-hd-1080p-60fps-screens-show-its-worth-the-wait.html

Hmmm... I never thought about that until now. We'd have to have some sort of menu for posing purposes though, wouldn't we? It could work! I'm gonna add a spot into the OP for that, actually.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could do some HDR imaging from photomode shots. Something to put on my to do list.

I plan on doing that as well, no reason why we shouldn't be able to 👍

Very nice post. Thanks.

I wonder if there will be an online photo gallery; like sorted in different categories with highest rated, etc., allowing us to easily share our photos :).

Glad it's coming in handy! I remember rumblings of our photos being interwoven into the online aspect of the game, but honestly, I'll stick to keeping a gallery here, since it works so well and allows me to stay organized and involved with a tight-knit community (instead of some of the unfortunate randoms Prologue's shown me).

So , if you have made a photo , can I upload it to my USB stick ?
Lets hope is will be some kind of RAW/NEF file supported by Photoshop. That would be way better for making HDR's.

So , if you have made a photo , can I upload it to my USB stick ?
Lets hope is will be some kind of RAW/NEF file supported by Photoshop. That would be way better for making HDR's.

But can you imagine the file size? I used to make HDRs with 6mp images, and after combined the image is about 18gb or so. I couldn't imagine 3 or more 18mp images combined my computer will probably meltdown

^^ Yeah that sucks for you. But I'm not having any problem with that. Hopefully you can choose between JPEG and RAW or something. But for editing RAW is very important for me. I have some 12MP 64 MB HDR's but i'm not having any problem with them.

But on the other side , you're right. I've read some were the GT5 photo's will be 18MP. So yes , you do need a beefy computer to handle it. Let's hope mine does. :P

I think you can add these for the list of Photomode locations :

Ahrweiler - Marktplaz
Ahrweiler - Niedertor
Ahrweiler - Lennepark
Nürburg Castle
Shakado Pass

Fido's location list has been added to the first post, and a few small bits have been tidied up. Considering the leak, we may get a rush of info in the next few days, and there are plans afoot for a very large, comprehensive transformation for this thread. Stay tuned... :)

sems4arsenal: Some of them are frankly amazing, some of them looked a bit odd to me. The MP4 heading around a time-changing Nurb looked fantastic, and there was one image I actually thought was real for the first few seconds (someone in chat had posted it, separately from the rest). The ones that look a bit odd; the FF car race had a few small oddities in it, and there's an elevated shot of the LFA leading the pack at La Sarthe that looks of lower quality than the others. It's probably due to the camera settings though; the LFA's white is blown-out, erasing some of the details other shots have shown, and the road texture has blurred very oddly. Again, this is me being a nit-picky Photomoder ;). What I am very curious about is the method we use to get images from replays. Do we only get the angle the replay is happening to show? Do we get something like GT4, where we have 64 "cameras" to choose from, with some level of mobility? Or, in the best-case scenario, do we get a full, free-roam camera?

(NINJA-EDIT) Just saw the C4 @ Chamonix ones... wow. The snow was hard to capture realistically in GT4 with the hard lines the particle effects would have against the road. That seems much, much improved now!

Shouden: None of those have shown up in the video walkthrough of Photomode, but until we know for absolute sure, I'll add that on in too.

RG: Thanks!

Tinram: That's a fine endorsement, thank you, and while I plan on it being as handy and helpful as possible, I imagine if we get similar sub-forums to the ones in GT4, this could best be put to use in a Photomode one 👍

Back