GTP GTA Group Online Game [13/02/09 - 2100GMT]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 448 comments
Luckily I have the patience of a saint and a love for writing down very small numbers on a large piece of colour-printed paper. :D

The Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic trophy WILL be mine. :D

Also, I don't mind doing the Co-op missions repeatedly. I have to anyway to level up to 10 (4.5m to go!), so I might as well do it with friends!

Tonight is fine for me.

Luckily I have the patience of a saint and a love for writing down very small numbers on a large piece of colour-printed paper. :D

The Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic trophy WILL be mine. :D

Also, I don't mind doing the Co-op missions repeatedly. I have to anyway to level up to 10 (4.5m to go!), so I might as well do it with friends!

Thanks guys. :D

I've re-added all the ports to my router, so hopefully I fixed any mistakes I may have made. Never-the-less, as long as I am not host, we don't seem to be affected by that weird bug. I'll leave the game once we've got the time too, as Spuds suggested.

Last edited:
I'm up for it again, same time-- I'll try and nail that landing. I'll stay for the full hour this time... the wife was bugging me about doing something so I just jumped out.

One thing, if I don't nail that landing, as long as I don't destroy the heli, don't jump out-- there is more room on the right side of the ship to land it, I can usually hit that one approaching slowly--

If we get it quick, everyone exit back to single player after we get back to the "READY UP" screen... I'll exit LAST, then start a noose game for you.

For NOOSE:
Someone will need to get in the baggage handler with me (if we go with 4) and ride to the helis right when we start-- I always get in the heli on the right-- take one of the others and fly to the baseball diamond. Stand on the pitchers mound and wait-- you HAVE to be standing there when I crash land the heli to end the mission.

The two shooters should be getting in right after I land-- if you aren't in by the 2 minute point, the time won't be made. I do recommend somone getting on top of Kenny's planes wing-- you have a good line of site up there and can take out the noose guys alot easier-- just watch your hud for the guys that spawn to your left and behind you-- don't chase down money. I will be setting this to hard for money purposes-- I have noticed no difference in actual difficulty-- the only difference is the number of lifes they give you 3 for hard, 4 for medium, 5 for easy.

Be sure to aim for the guys heads (use the zoom feature)-- they wear body armor so it takes alot of shots to kill w/out headshots.

After we get the time, exit to single player again-- I'll exit last.

Assuming we get the 2 times relatively fast, did you guys want to do a warmup Deal Breaker run-- just to see how it goes with 4 players??

Famine gets in the car outside (as long as it spawns)-- I get the car on the left in the garage (looking north toward the garage)-- Famine drives to the site, I drive to the heli... I really don't think it matters whether 1 person goes with Famine or two.... he gets there first so it makes more NPCs spawn on the lower levels of the building-- so IMO, you should be able to clear the lower levels and therefore more of the bad guys faster with 3 players--

Don't sweat the noose time-- I've done this one at least 20x in time.... my time was stuck for weeks at 2:43 (I'd beaten that time many times)-- my 2:03 didn't show up til I got the 2:17 with Famine and Sureshot.--even if its not on there-- it still might be in the system. So I'm still betting your time is in there somewhere for trophy purposes.

Back to the stats updates-- my money seems to be going up normally-- I did have some issues like Famine when about level 5 or 6 (seems I was stuck there a bit). I'm now up to about $1.8 million (only 3.2 million to go)-- I've been doing alot of these co-op missions helping others get the time-- have done deal breaker with some others, still haven't got the time a 2nd time again.

9 PM GMT again... we can do it with 3 if necessary-- I think we got the first part down very well... the two variables seem to be my ability to land the heli and the sometimes difficulty of glitching into the hold (sometimes)

I do recommend that if we are there with 3, waiting for the 4th, we go ahead and do a couple of noose runs.

Last edited:
As posted in a PSN message to Famine, my money on-line has been reset to zero. My records look in tact. Though as rpgcyo said, the BDBII time hasn't shown up.

Spuds, that sounds good to me! If nobody else goes to the baggage handler with you, then I will. It wouldn't feel right for me to do the least while I haven't yet beaten the time. :)

It would be cool to do some Deal Breaker when we're done with the other two. Even if we don't beat the time, I will at least have played the mission through first hand. That will help me memorize it for future 2 player runs.

Sureshot, looking at your stats now, it shows that you have $91,487 and that you're on Level 2. I have $87,265 and am on Level 3. There's definitely something funky going on there!

FYI Famine-- we got the times for sureshot and rpgcyco for both noose and BDB II -- took us about 30 minutes on each.... I was a bit worried on our first noose run, took us about 9 minutes

I just checked and your times for noose and BDB II on my PS3 are not up yet-- 7+ hours hours after the session.... I can't bring up friends list on the social club site but can in game in the stats menu.

I'm still betting there being saved somewhere, so I would not panic- i would not be surprised if the trophy stats are saved locally-- case in point, I've gotten each online trophy right after completing the requirment, not after the stats update which usually take 4+ hours.

And don't forget, my time for noose was stuck at 2:43 for a long time--- I beat the target time at least 5 or 6 times, and beat my 2:43 5 or 6 more times-- it finally updated to a time of 2:03 which I got 3 weeks before....

IMO whether they show up or not, you should move on to deal breaker- get that done and see if you get the trophy before going back for noose and BDB II...

Sorry I flubbed that noose landing early on- I did that to someone else less then a week ago-- had plenty of time, flying conservatively and missed the marker...

I had relatively good luck landing the chopper for BDB II-- had issues glitching in for a couple of those... on the good run, I went right in... I wasn't sure of your guy's experience in glitching into the hold, why I went ahead and did it. I'm not very good at the bridge part anyway ;) (as Famine can attest)

Yeah, I've been checking the stats every few hours today, but nothing has been updated yet as you say. I'm not too worried, as I won't really have the time to play for a while (have to work 14 days straight), so they can take their time. :D

Sorry I flubbed that noose landing early on- I did that to someone else less then a week ago-- had plenty of time, flying conservatively and missed the marker...

That's no problem. I screwed us over when I didn't get on the chopper properly. :D It's so slow to determine where you want to sit. It seems the first triangle press makes the character stand next to a seating position and the second press makes them take it.

I'm not very good at the bridge part anyway

On one of the runs, I dropped down from the helicopter landing point directly in front of the bridge doorway... I lasted about 3 seconds! I won't be doing that again! ;)

My TV was usurped at about 8.45pm last night :(

Still, good job on the times. :D

14 days in a row:( I hope you like your job.

(This is kind of off topic-- but stuff I saw yesterday when practicing my landing)

I did try practicing the landing with a heli tours heli in single player but it doesn't seem to handle the same-- I did land it though. While on the top of the ship I explored a bit. You can still enter the bridge-- and also enter the ship on the 2nd level and go down to the "kitchen" level... the door to go outside is shut. You can't go down to the "hold" level either-- the door is shut and I could not glitch in there in single player.

In single player there is health inside the kitchen still as well as body armor up on the bridge-- kind of a screwy place to put it as both would be a pain to get.

One other piece of trivia you all might not have noticed-- in single player-- outside the heli tour place is a street food vendor-- if you aim an auto aim gun at him, he faints... kind of funny IMO...

I'm up to help with deal breaker if you guys like-- I'm trying to help a few others still too... I've missed the time a ton- very frustrating.

Last edited:
So when are we next planning on meeting up and what shall we do? I still need Dealbreaker to get fly the co-op.

I'm free any time for the next 9-10 days. Which is nice. Although one day this week I'm out on a long bike ride so I'll be too knackered to play that evening, which will probably be Wednesday.

I'm good at the usual time tonight (9 pm GMT) as well as most other days this week at that time-- did you want to try to team up? (2 person)

For deal breaker 2 people is probably easiest but you really need the boat spawn to get the time--i"ve been relatively close without the boat spawn but never beat the target time.

Have you watched the video?? Post #237

Famine and I varied from the vid in that he drove and I flew... if you don't know the fast drive route we can do a run where be both drive and I can show you how I've been driving there and driving off the highway. I prefer to fly unless you feel strongly about it.

The person driving there has to get there first in order to make most of the bad guys spawn on the lower levels.... then it is just getting used to taking out the bad guys-- I usually would work around the ground on the north side-- usually get about 10-12 kills down there take out anyone on the 2nd floor you can reach from the ground too.. then work up the stairs clear the 2nd and 3rd floors...

the guy flying takes out everyone from the top floor down to the 3rd or 4th floor... (there will be less people then on the lower levels)-- on my an Famine's fast run-- he had 29 kills and I only had 13.

It is important that the last few "key cards" get picked up in a timely manner-- especially toward the end

The driver is responsible for making sure all the people are dead and all the "cards" are picked up on the on the 3rd and lower levels, the flier on the 4th and higher levels at the end...

When the 3rd level is clear-- the driver can go to the pier/quay and hope we get the boat spawn... the flier then will head up to the heli making sure all those levels are clear and get ready to pick up the driver.

If we don't get the boat spawn, the heli will still pickup the other person on the pier and will chase the bad guys down in the heli... if the spawn on land in one place, I know where to cut them off in the heli-- I will land the heli... you don't have to chase them... they will come to us.

If the end up on the upper highway- I will fly ahead and land in front of them, they will drive right to us.

Simple.... right ;)

*Famine stabs the Rockstar online race stats-tracking system to death*

Apparently none of the several tens of races I won yesterday counted - apart from the money gained. I still, apparently, haven't even raced Thunder Road in normal Race mode - despite winning it twice yesterday.

Tonight is probably not good for me as I really want to spend some time on the WRS. I like the idea of you showing me through the driving though.

Re: Updating of stats. Has this always been a problem or is it relatively new?

It's always been a bit patchy, but the recent patchiness is just taking the piss.

The drive method is pretty easy-- you will learn it in one run-- I think famine slowed and cut it right pretty hard to land on the building. I've found it easier to just drive pretty much straight off... unless he wants to join us for one run to show you the drive ;)

Just let me know when is good for you. Don't limit yourself to our normal times-- I can probably fit in some other times.

I hammer hard-right at the last moment before the ramp with a dab on handbrake to make the jump.

It's always been a bit patchy, but the recent patchiness is just taking the piss.

My stats were updating fine on Saturday, even after the game dropped out in Bomb da Base II. All my money, wins and times were showing up within 30-45 mins. But now it is taking it's sweet old time again. :(

Last edited:
Generally sometime around 2100GMT, but there are plenty of Antipodean (to me :D) members who will quite happily engage you at a time more amenable to you.

We're planning on meeting tonight at 9PM GMT (so that'll be something like 9AM tomorrow GMT for you).

Deal Breaker - What shall we do with it tonight? I've not played it, will watch video later.

Deal Breaker really is best with just two players if you're aiming for the time.

Essentially you're looking to hop into the Maybach in the drive, drive to the meet on the Freeway as fast as you can (practising by racing on Exhaust Fumes is good), kill everyone on the bottom three levels of the structure - pick up the rocket launcher from level 3. Sui-jump down to ground level and run over to the corner of the sea wall. Rocket the boat (if it spawns and, if you miss, shoot the boat driver from closer range before killing the others) and then hop into the heli which is landing behind you.

I'll teach you the driving route if you like, then leave you and Spuds to get the time.

So when do you guys meet up? id be keen as i love GTA

I'll be on at 9 pm GMT and hosting for me and sureshot's dealbreaker session.

x2 about dealbreaker best with 2 people--

I am wondering if that heli will respawn if someone takes the first one (I've been in a few games where it did not spawn, and the car driver, drove east a bit, and back and it would then spawn)... if so, we might be able to knock it out with more then 2 people-- might be worth investigating-- the 2nd flyer would be arriving 30-60 seconds after the first if so..

The 9 pm GMT is for the people in europe-- I am generally available later to play-- 3 or 4 am GMT if that is better for you....

Do you have 2 PSN id's or is that one long one-- if 2, which do you want me to add as a friend.

We can play socially if you like, we've been getting together to get the multiplayer trophies-- Fly the co-op is the one we've been working on lately-- that one is getting each co-op mission below the target times...
Hangmans noose- 2:32
BDB II - 5:34
Deal Breaker 7:03
Famine and I got the trophy last week, still helping the others work on it-- Sureshot & rpgcyco have deal breaker left to do (as long as their bdb II time counts-- the stats have not been updating right the last few days so we aren't sure if anything is counting.

It is a bronze trophy but quite challenging to get...

Last edited:
Heh. Apparently I'm down to no credits and Level 0 now :lol: Even though all my online stats say otherwise (I'm looking at BDB2 right now - $92,600 earned... Overall scores - $526,814 earned (missing yesterday's haul) and Level 6. But Level 0 if I try to play online :lol:

Well, Level 1 now :D

Ditto-- about a week or two ago--

FYI-- I just did dealbreaker with someone named Druton from GTAforums (worked with him before).... we got it in 2 runs and almost had it in one run. He said he got the trophy (so the servers are either fixed or this doesn't really matter regarding trophies).

We used Fly/Drive method- I drove. We did not use mics/headsets.

On the first run, the bikers spawned on motorcycles and drove up on the upper highway, he landed in front of them and we (he) shot them... while getting back in the chopper I accidently jumped over the rail off the highway and died-- by the time I respawned back on the highway and he relanded the heli we wasted a good 20-30 seconds-- we ended up with about a 7:12 or so.

On the second run, boat spawned-- I got them with the rifle, I never found the rocket launcher... we ended the mission with about 20 seconds to spare.

He is a better pilot then me (and better at dealbreaker too) -- he must have had bad luck and/or partners til now.

He said he got the trophy.

Back