GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't see this question in the first post and sorry if someone's already asked but, are any of the Red Bull F1 cars in the game?

Slightly off topic but, I don't know much about F1, are they Renaults?

Smashing job Amar :) I may have said in a previous comment, and I know you explore the game in a way that suits your preferances, but could you soon get to the online and give us some information on the features and their quality.

Oh when you said no multiscreen I though you was on about split screen.

I was going to say, it's bit strange to take that out, But I'm glad it's still in there anyway.

Thanks for the Q&A!

Oh when you said no multiscreen I though you was on about split screen.

I was going to say, it's bit strange to take that out, But I'm glad it's still in there anyway.

Thanks for the Q&A!

Yeah I think they got rid of the multi-screen feature because of 3D. You cant sync three screens up to one pair of 3D specs.

I think the difference between your take on things and mine is that I was already impressed with GT Academy physics, so in that regard I am not worried about GT5's physics, so I am not having any doubts about amar opinions on the subject.

No again, my take on it is simple, its nothing to do with GT TT physics.
Why do you intend to complicate it.

It was a question aimed at someone who detected instantly what seems described as very different and much improved physics. This deducted from limited play from Arcade Mode.

My query was the amount and level of detailed feedback from so little actual playing and particulary as it was from Arcade Mode. So I questioned if possibly some of his reaction came from "excitment".

Thats fine is it not and he has responded not admitting to any "over-reacting". Standing over his original comments which I find commendable.
Yet at the same time in making the report Amar was wise enough and has covered himself by saying that indeed physics are subjective.

Last edited:
No again, my take on it is simple, its nothing to do with GT TT physics.
Why do you intend to complicate it.

It was a question aimed at someone who detected instantly what seems described as very different and much improved physics. This deducted from limited play from Arcade Mode.

My query was the amount of detailed feedback from so little actual playing and particulary as it was from Arcade Mode. So I questioned if possibly some of his reaction came from "excitment".

Thats fine is it not and he has responded not admitting to any "over-reacting". Standing over his original comments which I find commendable.
Yet at the same time in making the report Amar was wise enough and has covered himself by saying that indeed physics are subjective.

Arcade mode doesn't have anything in common with arcade physics, physics is the same in all GT5 aspects of the game. only difference is how much assists you put on top, hope this clarifies a bit. From what i have tried at Amar's, it's easier to control the car with inputs from the wheel, especially when a car is losing grip, it's not instant loss of grip that puts you out of race, unless you really push it.

Hi Amar,

How nice is the Apex book?

I have a depost on the Collectors Edition but I am thinking just getting the standard.

bruce

He really needs to talk about the damage model, its propably the biggest feature in the game!

stop beating around the bush, please. :guilty:

Data Logger
Sem%20t%C3%ADtulo.JPG

• no tire temperature in the data logger, will have to use lateral G to setup camber. (lack of grids make the graphs harder to read)
  • reference data (top right) means we can compare different laps 👍
thanks for everything Amar

I'm pretty anxious to see his response since, somehow, this is the first time he's learning that standard cars don't have an in-car view. Should be funny.

It would have been better to see his reaction if he found out 4 days into playing. :lol:

Arcade mode doesn't have anything in common with arcade physics, physics is the same in all GT5 aspects of the game. only difference is how much assists you put on top, hope this clarifies a bit. From what i have tried at Amar's, it's easier to control the car with inputs from the wheel, especially when a car is losing grip, it's not instant loss of grip that puts you out of race, unless you really push it.

Thanks, and also appreciate you replying in a sensible manner.

So then are you saying effectively in Arcade mode a player could import PSP cars and play with those cars using "Professional Based Physics" with driving aids off?

Amar,

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on the forum yet, but I have a question:

As mentioned before (and in previous threads) that vehicles from GT5:P and GTPSP can be transferred over to GT5's arcade mode; I was wondering if there is the ability to transfer credits from either of the two games as well (like when GT4 let you pull money from GT3).

I appreciate the time you've been putting into these responses; top notch considering you're playing the game as well.

Thanks, and also appreciate you replying in a sensible manner.

So then are you saying effectively in Arcade mode a player could import PSP cars and play with those cars using "Professional Based Physics" with driving aids off?

Yes, that name "Arcade mode" is not the best description, it is misleading. From what Amar told me, there aren't standard and professional physics mode, it's only one physics, professional with or without assists. But I am sure that he can also confirm this.

i'm sure if you have to profiles (his and hers) when you load the game it will have sepreat game data for each profile.

this the case with LBP as all my mates kids have got diffrent profiles on my PS3

With some EA games fx, where they focus on online parts you cant do that. (newer ones) I know it will most likeley be possible, but i need to be sure so i can order an extra copy for my wife if its not possible... :)

PS: We have the same for LBP, great game ^^

I'm really interested in rim sizes. When you get new rims for the premium cars only (sucky) is there a choice for sizes. The older GT games only allowed for style change. Every other racing game allows for size change also. Does GT5 allow for rim size choice?

Yes, that name "Arcade mode" is not the best description, it is misleading. From what Amar told me, there aren't standard and professional physics mode, it's only one physics, professional with or without assists. But I am sure that he can also confirm this.

Yes he did mention this but to make it more clear..
It also makes more sense "of his comments" to my questioning as Arcade mode is not perhaps the correct description.
So it seems then the game now allows the player to race with whatever realisim/difficulty they want to.
Regardless of anything like a previous mode of play.

Thanks for keeping us updated Amar! I know I wouldn't be able to stop playing the game, but you are taking time to keep the rest of us updated.

Yes he did mention this but to make it more clear..
It also makes more sense "of his comments" to my questioning as Arcade mode is not perhaps the correct description.
So it seems then the game now allows the player to race with whatever realisim/difficulty they want to.
Regardless of anything like a previous mode of play.

Thats what I understood Amar

If any more questions are being answered, I'd really like to know a bit more on the SEMA cars and the concours winner cars. Can you buy racing tires? Can they be painted, modified, tuned, etc so they can be used in multiple classes -or- are you stuck with what you get?

And any information on vehicle PP/PI/Class/whatever they call it this time would be helpful too. I'd really like to know if the class system can be exploited easily, such as AWDs in FM3, or if there is reasonable parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back