GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugghh, no 2 player split screen replays???!!!

That stinks big-time. I mean, what are they doing? Looking at Forza and thinking "Hmm that's a good idea".

If this is all actually the case, I'll be angry.

Last edited:
I hope there is a feature in the dealership where you can view the interior of the car, seems like a bit of a shame that they modeled the whole interior of all the premium cars and you can only see the upper half of the dash in cockpit mode. The only reason we can really see the interior on that Miata is because the top is down.

With all the frenetic information being added, I may have missed the answer to rules and penalties. I absolutely hated the penalty system in GT5p, it was horrible and not realistic. I hope the rules/penalties are more like rFactor, realistic, intelligent and fair.

Have I missed anyone's comments on this topic?

I hope there is a feature in the dealership where you can view the interior of the car, seems like a bit of a shame that they modeled the whole interior of all the premium cars and you can only see the upper half of the dash in cockpit mode. The only reason we can really see the interior on that Miata is because the top is down.

Well yeah... when you're racing. Plus on a DS3 controller you can look left, right and behind you as well, possibly up and down a little too. Other times you can use photo travel and zoom right in through the window.

Ugghh, no 2 player split screen replays???!!!

That stinks big-time.

No choice to split vertically? Sucks.

I'm a bit saddened by that aswell. I'm really looking forward to playing GT5 with my friends and not having replays of that will be weird.

I'm a bit saddened by that aswell. I'm really looking forward to playing GT5 with my friends and not having replays of that will be weird.

...and on that bombshell, it's time to ask the question:

Will we get online replays? :nervous:

With all the frenetic information being added, I may have missed the answer to rules and penalties. I absolutely hated the penalty system in GT5p, it was horrible and not realistic. I hope the rules/penalties are more like rFactor, realistic, intelligent and fair.

Have I missed anyone's comments on this topic?

Im also curious as to how penalties are factored into races, I havent seen really anything about the topic.

Thanks for your efforts Amar.

If you get chance could you check-out head tracking?

If not, well its not long to wait to find out myself!

^yea, I'd like to know about head tracking as well! I don't have a PSEye but will definitely buy one if it'll work with non-3D tvs

GT
I heard in a different thread that damage plays a role after level 20....don't know if it's true though.

Well no one know what RDK told about this ? He was level 17 few days ago so I guess he is over level 20 now....

Well yeah... when you're racing. Plus on a DS3 controller you can look left, right and behind you as well, possibly up and down a little too. Other times you can use photo travel and zoom right in through the window.

ah.. Yea I suppose you could zoom in through the window, I'm satisfied.

^yea, I'd like to know about head tracking as well! I don't have a PSEye but will definitely buy one if it'll work with non-3D tvs

I was asking this same question a week or so ago and got linked to a video which showed it being used without any glasses or any other special equipment besides the Eye. You just need to make sure the lighting is OK in your room so the Eye can make out your face.

Very dissapointed to learn 2P again has no replay feature,an unexcuseable mistake made by PD again! What were they thinking?

Many thanks to Amar for his write up on GT5,he doesn`t have to do it so it`s nice of him to give us a glimpse of whats to come!

The car that Amar posted with the game, does that come with the signature edition?

Nope its much smaller :
1288032698.jpeg

Got the game this afternoon (I'm French, yes). I didn't read every post here besides the first one (thanks a lot Amar, by the way).

I can't spoil any crunchy details, but I found out a few things that you guys may deem interesting.

- First, the annoying wind noise is back. But only on dirt and snow tracks.

- I read a post earlier this morning fearing a limit to 5 saved custom tracks. I checked it out and couldn't find such a low limit. I have made and saved (and fav'ed) about 20 courses on various themes, and they are all here in the arcade custom tracks section (didn't set a foot in GT Life yet).

- Another question was about the possibility of setting in the options the lock to lock angle of wheels. This option doesn't exist. But, each and every car will set its L2L angle automatically. On my DFGT, karts have an angle of about 160°, while the Suzuki SX4 rally car has an angle of 250°. You feel a heavier resistance on those limits, and turning the wheel more than that (forcefully) will not turn the car's wheels any further.

- In arcade mode, at least, there is no on screen indicator of mechanical damage. The direction becomes wobbly, braking inconsistent (ish), the whole car unbalanced, and engine/gearbox unable to rev up to last, then before last (and so on).

I'll be refreshing this thread for an hour, in the unlikely chance that questions that I can answer emerge.

cy'all.

Because they're cool? :sly:

Yes, French are naturally cool, it's true. They also have class and are very clever. But they are very humble above all. XD (I'm French)

I think some stores (Micromania, Fnac) have dealt with Sony to sell the game in first but the others (but not all) stores don't want to lose sales so they do it too. Sony have sent them emails to yell and to say that they have to wait the 24. That seems to be not very persuasive.

Last edited:
Got the game this afternoon (I'm French, yes). I didn't read every post here besides the first one (thanks a lot Amar, by the way).

I can't spoil any crunchy details, but I found out a few things that you guys may deem interesting.

- First, the annoying wind noise is back. But only on dirt and snow tracks.

- I read a post earlier this morning fearing a limit to 5 saved custom tracks. I checked it out and couldn't find such a low limit. I have made and saved (and fav'ed) about 20 courses on various themes, and they are all here in the arcade custom tracks section (didn't set a foot in GT Life yet).

- Another question was about the possibility of setting in the options the lock to lock angle of wheels. This option doesn't exist. But, each and every car will set its L2L angle automatically. On my DFGT, karts have an angle of about 160°, while the Suzuki SX4 rally car has an angle of 250°. You feel a heavier resistance on those limits, and turning the wheel more than that (forcefully) will not turn the car's wheels any further.

- In arcade mode, at least, there is no on screen indicator of mechanical damage. The direction becomes wobbly, braking inconsistent (ish), the whole car unbalanced, and engine/gearbox unable to rev up to last, then before last (and so on).

I'll be refreshing this thread for an hour, in the unlikely chance that questions that I can answer emerge.

cy'all.
That sounds great with the mechanical damage. And, I am glad that it sounds like the steering angles should be about right. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back