GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear they are resetting everything with an update on the 24th so those who got an early start will have to restart GT LIFE (just a rumor)

I hear they are resetting everything with an update on the 24th so those who got an early start will have to restart GT LIFE (just a rumor)

I wonder how many changes will be coming along with that patch? i.e. if any 'release-day' fixes/changes will be introduced, or if it's only going to enable the various online features, and that's it.

Thank you so so much for all these details, The best thread ever on all forums I've ever seen.
I love the Images of the White Mazda Eunos, Because I also have a White eunos. The dash board looks so Beautiful

Thanks Amar for your time explaining everything. I almost broke down...haha when I herd there is no 2player replay... That is the only thing I hoped that would be included for sure.... Oh well.... Still gonna be fun.

I doubt this. There has never been and update that restarted your single player game. The online isn't enabled, that's their prerelease punishment.

Will online mode be available by the 24th though?

This game is gonna be sick online.. it's one of the few thing that would mage GT a perfect game.

And there's your problem. You're using logic and reasoning. When it comes to PD, neither should be used to come to conclusions.

Online can only be unlocked after getting to level 25 in A-Spec Mode and you have acquired EXACTLY 37 cars.

It'd be damn good if online mode was only available after attaining all licenses. And there should be a whole license dedicated to clean driving.

Every day joe and an online race is going to equal - crappy.

Organised events among serious racers is going to be fantastic, however.

It'd be damn good if online mode was only available after attaining all licenses. And there should be a whole license dedicated to clean driving.

Every day joe and an online race is going to equal - crappy.

Organised events among serious racers is going to be fantastic, however.

Yeah! That's why someone should clue in and make a demolition derby game, there's plenty for PS1, a few for PS2 and 0 for PS3 👎
That being said I can't wait to get online and capture victory in the Corvette race cars or the GT40s with some acual CLEAN drivers. :)

My mind is blown and severely confused with all this unlocking features by level. It is a very odd road that PD took with GT5.

HN7
My mind is blown and severely confused with all this unlocking features by level. It is a very odd road that PD took with GT5.

You realize that last part was a joke, right? With the 37 car exactly thing?

Also I think its pretty good. Well, for newcomers anyway.

But from a gaming point of view, introducing new features as you progress through the game gives you more incentive to keep on playing and also keeps the game fresh as you play.

Serious sim racers would of course rather all features be enabled from the get go, but I guess thems the breaks.

HN7
Yeah, I know that. But damage and maybe parts that can't be unlock after certain level?

The idea that you unlock better damage and change wheel rims on standard cars as you progress is a myth. It doesn't make any sense, and is based a lot more on optimism than anything else.

Personally, I try to avoid crashing, so my races should look pretty much the same either way...

HN7
Yeah, I know that. But damage and maybe parts that can't be unlock after certain level?

I like the level up system.It puts a good twist on an already great franchise.

If i seen right you have be at a certain level to do different License Tests.I like this feature as well.

I like the level up system.It puts a good twist on an already great franchise.

If i seen right you have be at a certain level to do different License Tests.I like this feature as well.

What twist? Not having damage from the get go is not the type of twist we need. This is some M. Night BS.

This makes the game more approachable to people.

Agreed. Imagine how frustrating it would be as a beginner and having dammage at highest level from the beginning. One small mistake and you have to start the race again because you've totalled your car because you're just getting used to your new wheel and pedals. This would make the game frustratingly difficult for newbies.

On the other hand, a season racer in Extreme class, make one mistake you're out of the race which is realistic.

Is this confirmed now, that damage increases with levels?

No, it isn't. The damage is there from the get go. You just need to hit your car many many times in order to see much damage.

It's a good system, especially for beginners. Stop whining. It wont change anything.

Put those Kaz pictures away, pull your pants back up and relax. I wasn't whining. Of course to you it's all the same so who cares.

Put those Kaz pictures away, pull your pants back up and relax. I wasn't whining. Of course to you it's all the same so who cares.

Whether I masturbate to Kaz or not, it's still a good system. Get your ego in check. Majority of the people that will play this game will be beginners. They try to satisfy the hardcore fans with great physics and he sees people complain about the level system.

What's all the same to me?

It's a good system, especially for beginners. Stop whining. It wont change anything.

And it will stop 90% of crashing video-spam over the internet because you really need to bite into the game to reach high levels and Extreme Hall.

Great decision and I love it.

And it will stop 90% of crashing video-spam over the internet because you really need to bite into the game to reach high levels and Extreme Hall.

Great decision and I love it.

From what I read here and on Neogaf, the differences in higher levels and lower levels are massive. This is a must with level systems since it makes it easier to separate casual from serious and hardcore gamers. Online mode will be much more enjoyable (apparent in Prologue's online activity).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back