GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry guys but now I'm sure, this 206 comes from GT5. You can believe me or not but I have nothing to win by lying. I'm as sad as you. : /

And I couldn't care less. As long as the physics feel right, I'll be racing from the bumper view anyways, and it'll be a blast. How can people get so hung up something as silly as textures or lower poly counts? It still looks a lot like a 206, as long as it drives like one, you guys should be happy! 👍

I'm really sorry guys but now I'm sure, this 206 comes from GT5. You can believe me or not but I have nothing to win by lying. I'm as sad as you. : /

sorry but what do you expect from the import of a GT-psp car... it's just less polygons... (sorry for my bad english..)

its not GT5, period, the car is less detailed than it was in GT4, if in the worst case they imported the GT4 model, it'd probably still be more detailed than this.

its probably GT4 photomode...

I didn't speak about an import of a GT PSP car, I meant I think this standart car was designed for the PSP version and then PD brought it to GT5. But when I see that:
img0020.jpg

I finally think Polyphony took it from GT4 and I think also that many standart cars will be ugly. : (
(I will not take any pictures of Standart cars, only drive it)

I enjoyed your thorough review of GT5, I hope the you update as you explore the game better. I liked the technical approach that of the game, and the physical that's what worried me most in the game.
24th day are close, I must clean from dust my G25 :sly:

Congrats

Thanks for all the information and it was a pleasure to read it all but this right here is something I can not believe:

Before answering I have to elaborate on this.

I am a 100% clear racer and I try to drive racing simulations as I would drive the car in RL. I also do not tend to exploit the physics and tracks (going crazy over kerbs, going off-track and over shortcuts, passing on impossible places and so on).

Said that, I was amazed with AI in GT5: Prologue because it was the most convincing AI that I ever witnessed in any video game. Of course, during Mission test you had to make few dirt moves in order to pass the tests (especially on One Lap Magic tests on Pro physics), but if you'd settled your own race with 20 laps and then try to race 100% clean - including taking no shortcuts and such - it was a breathtaking race experience.

I know many people didn't dig Prologue's AI, although I can't understand why.

I find AI of GT5 advanced over Prologue, especially in blocking procedures. Also, AI drivers make mistakes and they fight among themselves - which makes for some great moments. However, they will brake on time if you're in front of them (no more GT-GT4 bumping), when you pass they'll try to regain position on the very fair manner and so on.

In short - in my personal book, GT5 have the best AI routines I've ever seen in genre so far.

objp"

GT5P had the best AI you've seen until GT5? I'm sorry unless the only game you've played before GT5P was GT4, then I'm a little distrustful of you're opinions now. I'm not going to say the "F" word but even Grid had better AI than GT4. Once you see cars swerve out of your way or react suddenly when you do, GT AI seems very primitive (or lack there of one.) The most they managed to get the AI to do in GT5P was lazily move to the right as you pass them by. They will still without hesitation drive into your line setting up a collision if the drivers line is different from the AIs.

Does the driver's helmet of the Pug 205 screenshot give us any clues...? I think it is GT5 - deal with it, guys :)

I guess I'll go to the next topic since my question from before was ignored. As long as there is no such thing as a stupid question when you're trying to get information, don't be afraid to ask!

Great i was hoping to Play GT5 on my PS3 160GB FAT and then copy the save data to my PS3 120GB SLIM but ooooono PD wont let me. Which sucks because my PS3 atm is a asthmatic and fixing it will take valuable GT time GRRR i need a Drink :banghead:🤬:grumpy::indiff:

Great i was hoping to Play GT5 on my PS3 160GB FAT and then copy the save data to my PS3 120GB SLIM but ooooono PD wont let me. Which sucks because my PS3 atm is a asthmatic and fixing it will take valuable GT time GRRR i need a Drink :banghead:🤬:grumpy::indiff:

Wait, isn't that possible with the transfer data utility through the xmb?

And I couldn't care less. As long as the physics feel right, I'll be racing from the bumper view anyways, and it'll be a blast. How can people get so hung up something as silly as textures or lower poly counts? It still looks a lot like a 206, as long as it drives like one, you guys should be happy! 👍

I share your feelings. Long as the game plays awesome, then I'll be happy. That's why i never got caught up in the damage stuff either. Damage was a huge deal in when Forza came out. I played that to Death on forzas sim settings ( I know) and rarely ever saw damage.

But to each his own i guess.

It's so great to see the community buzz with life again. Thanks for your work, Amar... and cheers to all the oldbies. 13 years, guys. We made it. :)

Now that GT5 may actually be to us.... I enjoyed this post extremely! It is easily a 5 star post. I want to thank you for taking your time to put it together! After looking at the level of detail in photo mode I now know I am going to have some problems actually playing and not paying attention to just the driving! Again thanks Amar and thank you sooo much Kaz and Polyphony!!

if the datatransfer doesn't work you could also try a one on one disk copy by connecting the two drives to a pc and using a program that can clone harddrives, only i don't know if the software install is influenced by the fact that you use both the fat ps3 and the slim one.

Desperately counting the hours, minutes and seconds till GT5 comes out..:dopey:

Three more days people!!
Three more yes! But i´m waiting some news from Game here tomorrow if i can get the Signature Edition that i pre-ordered 10 days ago.If they don´t say nothing i cancel that and go to other store that it will cost me €5 more and i´m sure get it. Not so worried about it...if i can´t get the SE i wait this days and catch the Collectors.👍

Why do you have 2 PS3s?

Maybe premium cars have them. Which is too bad, because they aren't really your priority when you have cockpit view.

OK I need to get this off my chest, because it's been really bugging me.

Isn't cockpit view kind of the dumbest thing ever?

I mean, it looks great in replays, and its one way to show off the graphics capabilities of the game.

But in terms of realism, you're sitting there in a cockpit, holding a steering wheel, looking at a pair of hands 3 feet in front of you holding a steering wheel, which is kind of mad. Its not like you would realistically have that much of the dash and wheel constantly in your vision IRL. Plus the cockpit blocks out like a third of the view.

I always drive with bumper and have no intention of changing, so a lot of the view discussion goes over my head, although I completely understand its a big deal to a lot of people.

I guess I'm just interested to hear if anyone feels the same way, or if I'm totally out of line...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back