GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was in tekken90s and RDK's build which seems to be different than Amar212s which was discussed, like a few ingame menus and horn selections and other things were different, that's why I was asking in hopes maybe that had changed. Thank you tho :) Already knew that much, but I appreciate the response as well.

Are there differences? I thought we'd confirmed they had the exact same version? We need to sort this out. My tin foil hat is getting a little crumpled with the constant toing and froing. :dunce:

Hint: that's basically the point of this topic, there are others though, dunno if you noticed.

The point of this is to get details on the game based on his experience. People are nagging with stupid repetitive questions which is why it got locked the first time.

The point of this is to get details on the game based on his experience. People are nagging with stupid repetitive questions which is why it got locked the first time.

i just want to know about racing modifications on standard cars...that is all...

I can´t tell if youŕe being serious with this line of questions??? How exactly does your Steering Wheel purchase relate to data logs and tire pressure? Good god, heś just getting started with licenses and sharing some driving feedback. Its only 7 days away, just relax and all will be revealed......

It's that the G27 is so much more expensive (2.5-3 times more depending on the retailer) than the DFGT, that I'd like to be really sure that GT5 driving physics and car dynamics are refined enough to justify its price. In other words, if a G25/G27 wheel really adds to the GT experience/realism, or, putting aside the smoother and quieter action and firmer pedals, if for GT5 it's mostly better just because it's a better built, more solid wheel set.

I guess I could find this out myself when the game gets released, but why not ask somebody who's using a professional wheel (and possibly used the official one too - I don't know) and playing the game now?

Did Amar confirmed the museum worked on his copy, or is he locked out of it? I search his posts and read the first post and haven't read anything of the sort.

Last edited:

Then you only need to read the first post and not the replies. I'm not trying to be a dick but seriously, people are hyped for the game and you can't blame them for wanting to know about it. Not everyone is as calm and reserved as you are. If someone posts about having hands-on experience they're probably anticipating a flood of questions and I'd assume they'd be willing to answer too.

What may be the case is that PD changed a few things so controller users would not punch holes in their wall. Something like a buffer so you wouldn't go lock to lock with a slight twitch of your thumb.

Lock to lock with a pad in GT5P is too slow. In the GT-Academy TT, it was actually sharper.

The big one is whether or not the pad throttle is linear (like it should be), or non-linear (as is in GT5P/TT, but not GT4).

Thanks so much for the insights amar, glad to see copies in the hands of people who know how to put it through it's paces. Cannot be easy to stop and bother posting all this with the game in your PS3. :)

This game is absolutely gold. Amar you´re doing a great job here man... thanks a lot. I´m pretty confident this is the best review we´re going to get.

The badside is that i´ve spoiled all the good stuff...but i dont mind. It gives me strenght to wait more 7 DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! omg...

Amar.
one question
it's simple...

what was the first car you purchased/tuned... to progress through the game with?

Please don't answer this on the forum. Some of us would like some surprises come release day.

I also found the TT demo a bit loose. The car over steered too easily and made counter steering to recover way too sensative, also I'm sure everyone remembers what happened when your wheels touched the grass.

I agree. I have driven at (or past) the cornering limit of many cars in real life and found the TT physics to be unrealistically loose. And unrealistically difficult to catch once the rear broke traction. I'm all for realism and find prologue pro physics to be better than the frustrating TT demo physics.

Im getting my copy tmrw :)

so happy, but clearly anything I can post wont be as precise as what we are seeing on this thread, but if anyone will listen Ill post tidbits :)

Then you only need to read the first post and not the replies. I'm not trying to be a dick but seriously, people are hyped for the game and you can't blame them for wanting to know about it. Not everyone is as calm and reserved as you are. If someone posts about having hands-on experience they're probably anticipating a flood of questions and I'd assume they'd be willing to answer too.

Fine with me but not when it is the same question over and over and over. They can be hyped, I am hyped, but that's just annoying. There is plenty else to talk about.

Due to the usual rubbish and off topicness of most of the posts, we have decided to lock this thread. Amar, and the mods, will still be able to update and post in it but no one else will.

No doubt Amar will answer all of your questions as he gets round to discovering the answers. Just have some patience please.

What happened to the lock?

:crazy: I am so frustrated for not having it yet, but I know I will in a few days, but this might be the first game that has gotten better and better and better, and more amazing... even though I haven't even seen the game art/box/collectors set with my own eyes.... (barf)

:drool: I love the voucher/racing numbers idea, and am glad that I get to use my S/P cars along with each other. I am so stoked (rock) for the game, the only surprise I hope to get is somehow more than 16 cars on the track for the 24hour races. Jealousy ensues after watching the Rennen with 215 cars on the track at once. I bow down to you Amar, decipher further at your will...

Im getting my copy tmrw :)

so happy, but clearly anything I can post wont be as precise as what we are seeing on this thread, but if anyone will listen Ill post tidbits :)

Sounds great man.

THANK you Amar.

I had a stupid day today, and I was hoping to see something from you by sunday. I debated whether or not to peek it for all of two seconds, and decided to read everything, and I'm glad I did. Your review lifted my spirits tremendously, so... I could fall asleep on the couch. :lol:

I'm very glad you enjoy writing all this up when you could be exploring the world of GT5 non-stop. For those of us who don't mind the spoilers and want just a drink of water while we await the delivery of the wine, you're like a messenger from God giving us the good news.

Terrific write-up Amar! Keep up the good work!

I tried very hard not to read all the spoilers but my self control leaves a lot to be desired :D

I love the idea behind the different items to unlock and the community features...this sounds like it will make the game even more maddingly addictive!

Looking forward to your next update mate.

I work in a video game store and our shipment comes tmrw, which also confirms that retailers will have it for the launch date :)

I'm glad someone as knowledgeable about the intricacies of the GT series is giving us such a thorough walkthrough of his first experience with the new game, Amar 👍. I may balk at some of the parts of the game, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not super-excited for next week, and racing online with a bunch of friends, and finally having some new licenses to attack, and dealing with the Nurb and the setting sun...

Spoilers are handy to me; shame you have to buy a car before doing the licenses though! My plan is the same as yours: licenses first. I don't know how you and I might compare skill level-wise, but how would you rank the difficulty of achieving all golds so far? I found GT4 pretty easy bar a handful of tests.

189 music tracks is... wow. Did not expect half that. Looks like I may browse through them just to get an idea of what they are. My GT1 Soundtrack is already loaded onto the PS3 in preparation, though :D.

You know which questions the majority here seek answers for. Thanks for all your work 👍

Guys.. There's a big chance that this Friday i am getting a copy too.. Theres a guy here in Istanbul/Turkey who already sold me 2 games (Fifa 11 & PES 11) 1 week before they were released about 2 months ago.. No idea how he manages to get hands on the games earlier in the first place but he says he's going to have GT5 by Friday.. Will post many HD videos and try to point out things that Amar missed for those not affected by the spoilers. I am so freakin excited:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back