GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Final update for today is up, regards to all who find this interesting :)
Since you've been talking about rally, cars get dirty or not?:nervous:

BTW thank you and good night amar!

Ps. I'm f....ing jealous :D

Thanks Amar for whiting out the spoilers. I have been skipping over them. :)

Going to rent NFS:Hot Pursuit this weekend to keep my mind off GT5. By the time I have to take it back, GT5 should be in my hands. :D

Thanks for the review, much appreciated efforts and very GTP'ish writing. 👍

I'm glad to hear about the new physics engine and how ( presumably by your words so far ) feedback is improved and noticeable to the extent of providing good idea of exactly what the car is doing. Anyway, well done.

Sony wants to sell THEIR 3d tvs, not logitech wheels. A hood cam and hiding the hud (within the race, so you can access it in endurance) is simple and quick to implement compared to developing a cluch simulation, if they can't do the simple things don't expect them to go out of their way for a feature that isn't that simple to program and less than 1% who buy the game can use.

Sony wants to sell THEIR 3d tvs, not logitech wheels. A hood cam and hiding the hud from the race itself is simple and quick to implement compared to developing a cluch simulation, that is what I meant, if they can't do the simple things don't expect them to go out of their way for a feature that isn't that simple to program and less than 1% who buy the game can use.

I understood what you ment. I was just saying that for a game that emphasizes the driving sim part so much... you would think a feature like the clutch would be more of a priority. Hell I actually thought PD would want their own wheel for this game with a clutch to be bundled at release. I know I was dreaming a year ago but I could see how that could bring to experience to so many more people.

Thanks for the update, Amar. Could you write a word or two about brakes and brake fading if you have time?

Also a suggestion. Instead of using white for spoilers try using this template. In this way the text is really invisible:

Spoiler following: [Spoiler text! Don't read!]
(select to read)

I understood what you ment. I was just saying that for a game that emphasizes the driving sim part so much... you would think a feature like the clutch would be more of a priority. Hell I actually thought PD would want their own wheel for this game with a clutch to be bundled at release. I know I was dreaming a year ago but I could see how that could bring to experience to so many more people.

I totally agree with you.

(QUOTE from Amar. When quoted properly, the spoiler is shown, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

Amar -One tiny but beautiful spoiler here, regarding option previously introduced in Tourist Trophy game: you can change the number on the race cars, including 4 types of letters and numbering - from 1 to 99.

That's not a spoiler, that's a livery editor!

Thank you very much Amar, for yes it was, a wonderful read!

I love the way you can write up the details in a way so i can imagine them perfectly. Alot of those details seem to be changed in the good way! loving it!

Keep it up and enjoy it! 👍

Amar, you are a total savior. After the leak videos I felt like the whole community was riding on negativity as they picked out every tiny flaw they could find, and their attitude was starting to get me disappointed too. Luckily you've just destroyed that miserable feeling in one go and once again I can't wait for the game to arrive. I'm sure I'll love it.

Really excited about the new updates. Thanks again for taking the time to post these. I'd have a hard time pulling myself away from the game. 👍

(QUOTE from Amar. When quoted properly, the spoiler is shown, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

Amar -One tiny but beautiful spoiler here, regarding option previously introduced in Tourist Trophy game: you can change the number on the race cars, including 4 types of letters and numbering - from 1 to 99.

That's not a spoiler, that's a livery editor!

not even close

amar212 mentiones RDK will unlock LVL 20 and Extreme Level, what is that Extreme level?

Amar. When playing free runs. Is there any available options to choose the weather of the selected track? or is it random?

Amar,

I know a lot of people are asking questions and I didn't really plan to be one of those..........................

What can you tell me about it? What are the available locations for the course maker (are there 7?)? Can you make karting tracks (I know it seems obvious, but just to be sure)?

Nice to see you held out for... uh.. two lines... ! :sly:

First, rally is awesome. Period. Will make deeper explorations of the physics tomorrow, but from what I've experienced today, physics in all aspects of the game is nothing but phenomenal. It is difficult to explain, but with every new corner and movement of the car you get the idea you've learned something new. Some tiny bit, some small idea about something, but important and meaningful.

Amar, it is just such a breath of fresh air reading your first impressions. Please keep up the good work.

Does the engine shuts down like in GT5 prologue when enable it in G25/G27? Sorry about this I just need to know. :D And a big thanks to you Amar. Keep up the great job and enjoy your GT5. :lol:. I will be passing you guys in Nurburgring and SR7 when I got mine. :lol:

amar212 mentiones RDK will unlock LVL 20 and Extreme Level, what is that Extreme level?

This:

exxx.jpg

Tomorrow I'll try to bypass it by recording an empty MP3 track and by enabling Custom soundtrack - and setting Custom track as Race BGM - but it is a strange workaround (if it will work).

Another option is to take any MP3 that you may have and download a free program called 'MP3 Gain' that will allow you to set the target volume (aka 'gain') in decibels. You can just set it to the lowest number allowable (1.5 decibels), run that MP3 through the program, and then you won't hear the song at all when you select it as your race BGM.

👍

I hear you, but to use a clutch you need to be a real driver. Sony's target demo for this game can't actually drive yet, and a clutch would confuse and infuriate them, much like the concept of 'wuv' affected Lurr in Futurama.

That said, given that the clutch works, you would think it would add to the mystique of the game if there was this extra level of realism that was just out of reach. It is a little puzzling.

I've got a DFGT, the G25/G27 is way expensive in Australia, but I've seen some good deals in the US (and our dollar is at parity or better at the moment). Are there any regional restrictions on those wheels?

I'm glad to hear you thoughts about the physics. Did you say they were somewhere in between Prologue and TT demo? So not as hardcore as the TT? :( Still, good I guess, heh...

Thanks Amar, I will look forward to further updates. (I must say that I am jealous and hate you right now! hehe ;-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back