GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear about the karts. I have great expectations for them.
I know many people prefer to ignore them, but I think that's what real racing is about, and it's a hell lot of fun.

I would think the tracks are too big for DLC too so whatever Amar can find is what we get..

This:

exxx.jpg

Ahh thanks.

I would think the tracks are too big for DLC too so whatever Amar can find is what we get..

Didn't Forza 3 have a couple of DLC tracks? I'm sure the filesize is approaching the larger side of things, but PS3 HDDs are fairly spacious themselves, and there's always the option of upgrading. Even at a few hundred MB I can see people buying them.

I do think the released track list is complete though, and I still struggle to understand why that's a disappointment, there aren't many games that have more.

what?

Too big? Do you mean in download size, or in amount of work to build a new one?

Work size I couldn't tell you. But it's definitely not too big for a download, you could download the whole game if you wanted to. You can download GT5:P online. You can download WoW, etc, etc.

I do think the released track list is complete though, and I still struggle to understand why that's a disappointment, there aren't many games that have more.

The PSP version of Gran Turismo has more tracks in it's tracklist and it's much better overall than the announced GT5 list.

I think almost the same, I trust than Amar and RDK can unlock more tracks, but not su much, I think than is better deal with the actual track list :sly:

I've got a DFGT, the G25/G27 is way expensive in Australia, but I've seen some good deals in the US (and our dollar is at parity or better at the moment). Are there any regional restrictions on those wheels?

You should only need to change the power pack to a 240v version ( US 110V ) but shipping will be the killer.

I am going over to the US in a couple of weeks and might get one to use while I am there if I can find one.

I'll be frank: unless you expect users to leave the forum for the next 2-3 months that's kind of pointless, anyway. By the time the majority of people will have just started playing, most big "surprises" will have been revealed all over the Internet by the many privileged ones who will have managed to get the game a few days in advance and "powerplay" GT5, so unless it's about "gimmick" features (like the car demo feature, horns, driver apparel and the like) or detailed info about game content (footage about tracks or cars that we currently don't know are in the game, or similar things), personally I'd rather know everything.

Some of such info is in fact crucial for my wheel choice. I know I'd get a clutch-equipped G27 right away if I knew that the clutch feature in GT5 is correctly implemented and integrated with mechanical damage/wear, and not just a "gimmick" or bonus/unsupported feature like in Prologue - and in addition also if there are detailed physics/driving dynamics to back up the choice. These include:

- Can the car be stalled?
- Are bad shifts harmful or have they been correctly dealt with?
- Can the clutch be burned or otherwise damaged?
- Does the clutch slipping point change with modifications or wear?
- Is it possible to choose the amount of fuel in the tank before race start?
- Is it possible to know in detail tire temperature data with the data logger, meaning not only each tire as a whole, but in separated sections? (usually in PC sims outer, middle, inner portion)
- ...or better, what exactly can the data logger do/analyze?
- Can tire inflating pressure be changed and checked?

Knowing such info in advance would for example allow me (and probably many others) to have the right wheel ready for the GT5 release day instead of inconveniently waiting for it after finding out these things myself when I'll get the game - which might be "big surprises" for many people, but I don't know what Amar thinks about this matter.

I don't know if you'll be able to answer these points, but anyway, thanks for your reporting work, Amar.

I can´t tell if youŕe being serious with this line of questions??? How exactly does your Steering Wheel purchase relate to data logs and tire pressure? Good god, heś just getting started with licenses and sharing some driving feedback. Its only 7 days away, just relax and all will be revealed......

Amar. When playing free runs. Is there any available options to choose the weather of the selected track? or is it random?

Taken further, can you tune/tweak your car in Free Run? Basically, can Free Run be used for testing and changing suspension/tire settings -or- is it just for photos & casual driving?

I can´t tell if youŕe being serious with this line of questions??? How exactly does your Steering Wheel purchase relate to data logs and tire pressure? Good god, heś just getting started with licenses and sharing some driving feedback. Its only 7 days away, just relax and all will be revealed......

not to mention...i would say the answer to every one of his questions is "no"

If the physics are more forgiving than time trial demo doesn't that mean that they dumbed them down as we feared?

Or the time trial was not accurate? And even if they are "dumbed down" you have to realize that this is still a video game, and its on a console. The VAST majority of the people who play this game will not have a wheel, and will not have knowledge, skill, or desire to become a professional race car driver. No matter what type of pedestal you want Gran Turismo to be on, it still needs to be accessible to the average gamer, or nobody will buy it, and the series will be canceled..

If the physics are more forgiving than time trial demo doesn't that mean that they dumbed them down as we feared?

I thought the time trial's physics were awesome...when you use a wheel. With a controller, it was a horror show as far as I'm concerned. Really unforgiving and very difficult to get things right. The added precision of the wheel was night & day.

What may be the case is that PD changed a few things so controller users would not punch holes in their wall. Something like a buffer so you wouldn't go lock to lock with a slight twitch of your thumb.

I also found the TT demo a bit loose. The car over steered too easily and made counter steering to recover way too sensative, also I'm sure everyone remembers what happened when your wheels touched the grass.

Amar212,

Thank you for all of your awesome posts today, and making such a detailed step by step thread. And especially keeping things like demo mode and other stuff a secret. Gran Turismo has always had an experience you get when you play it, the menu/dealership music, the feel, the tests, I greatly appreciate everything you're doing.

On a side note, Did you see if the standards could have upgraded wheels on them? Not sure if you bought a standard car to even test that yet, if you haven't, no worries. I'll be watching your updates for well.. updates :)

To the rest of you guys, just ask him questions and be polite, any trolling or forms of negativity will just get this thread locked, then we wont be able to ask him anything. I'm sure his inbox is full and he's getting pestered from all angles.

@ CRX : You can't change the wheels on standard cars, already discussed in other topis unfortunately :guilty:

People need to stop with the questions, seriously. It's annoying the **** out of me. It's ruining my experience on this site.

@ CRX : You can't change the wheels on standard cars, already discussed in other topis unfortunately :guilty:

Well that was in tekken90s and RDK's build which seems to be different than Amar212s which was discussed, like a few ingame menus and horn selections and other things were different, that's why I was asking in hopes maybe that had changed. Thank you tho :) Already knew that much, but I appreciate the response as well.

Re: DLC tracks, fair point about GT5p being downloadable. I guess it is possible to have a DLC Spa or Zandvoort or whatever.

People need to stop with the questions, seriously. It's annoying the **** out of me. It's ruining my experience on this site.

I agree, game is out in less then one week. So we all should see what amar212 posts and just wait till game is here.

Hint: that's basically the point of this topic, there are others though, dunno if you noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back