GTP H2H Tournament #1 | Presented By: SS | Asia-Pacific Region | Podium in OP

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 344 comments
The 90% power limiter is there so people don't abuse the torque curve that comes with dropping power majorly, plus the HP margin is huge enough I highly doubt people are going to have a drift car beyond 700HP, thanks for picking up on the layup I forgot to add MR to the regs. The time schedule is still flexible, I understand people prefer closer to night times and I can be more lenient towards that (Being a semi night owl myself) Not all battles are going to be scheduled in the afternoon or only just at night, I want to have some flexibility in case competitors don't show up to their battle even when they choose a time (A huge problem in the past) So rather then a person just showing up and getting an automatic win, I'd rather have two battles roughly around the same time so contestants can advance a bracket or two and just be more time efficient.

Regarding overtaking, as long as I observe a major speed difference in the two cars and your line to overtake the lead car isn't too far off the main line and the opportunity presents itself then it should be fine, but if you pass that doesn't give an automatic win.

Brake checking in my honest opinion is when a contestant on the drift section drifts way before what is shown in the demonstration video coming out, I understand all cars are different and braking points vary at any time, but the video will be a rough measure of where braking should initiate when doing competitive runs.

Regarding transitions, as long as the brake tap doesn't cause too much loss of speed and doesn't create contact then it should be fine, but if the following car does hit the lead car due to brake tapping then deductions to the lead car may occur.

Also contestants please put down your competition car within 4 days of the demo vid of the comp line coming out.

Cheers,
Stav.

but i have a tune where my supra is 75% limiter,standard engine with 420Bhp / 83.0 kgfm of torque ??

but i have a tune where my supra is 75% limiter,standard engine with 420Bhp / 83.0 kgfm of torque ??

Okay maybe my post of the power limiter is a bit too complicated.

Horsepower wise if the car (stock or tuned up) is over the limit, you cannot decrease the power limiter below 90% to reach the HP threshold. If your car is inside the horsepower limit (even when fully tuned) then you can adjust the power limit to your liking.

Hopefully that clears most of this up.

Cheers,
Stav

Last edited:
Okay maybe my post of the power limiter is a bit too complicated.

Horsepower wise if the car (stock or tuned up) is over the limit, you cannot decrease the power limiter below 90% to reach the HP threshold. If your car is inside the horsepower limit then you can adjust the power limit to your liking.

Hopefully that clears most of this up.

Cheers,
Stav

Much better lol. On your first post will you be putting down all contenders ?

Actually I lied I'm down for this.

Name: NeilSean/JDM_Tuning_JHG50
Comp Car: S13 or S14 (Not finalized yet)
Team: teamJDMT bruh

There is a chance I might have to pull out if I have something more important on or etc but other then that I'm down.

Edit: I gotta ask but will NOS be allowed?

3 Spots left everyone, not long until the whole tournament bracket is filled up 👍

*IMPORTANT* Is the comp being held on drift trial or free run??? I'm considering this to be the deal maker/ breaker.

Well haven't gotten back to trying out the update with the drift trial/free run room.

If the drift trial room allows more angle and we're able to get rid of the scoring system then I'll use that type of room, if not then I'll just use a free run room.

Actually I lied I'm down for this.

Name: NeilSean/JDM_Tuning_JHG50
Comp Car: S13 or S14 (Not finalized yet)
Team: teamJDMT bruh

There is a chance I might have to pull out if I have something more important on or etc but other then that I'm down.

Edit: I gotta ask but will NOS be allowed?

Ooohhh good question, I think for this tournament I shall disallow the use of NOS for this tournament but that's more so preference of the contenders so if you guys want to use NOS I'll be more then happy to change that regulation.

Last edited:
Ooohhh good question, I think for this tournament I shall disallow the use of NOS for this tournament but that's more so preference of the contenders so if you guys want to use NOS I'll be more then happy to change that regulation.

No NOS will most likely mean no me.

Can't remove the scoring system, and the drift trial does have more steering angle, but feels kind of noobier. Steering is alot jerkier too.

I mostly asked because I would probably be using NOS with either of the cars I was thinking about using.

11 Spots left everyone, not long until the whole tournament bracket is filled up 👍

Well haven't gotten back to trying out the update with the drift trial/free run room.

If the drift trial room allows more angle and we're able to get rid of the scoring system then I'll use that type of room, if not then I'll just use a free run room.

I think nos should be aloud to cars under a certain pp limit, just to keep it interesting

Can't remove the scoring system, and the drift trial does have more steering angle, but feels kind of noobier. Steering is alot jerkier too.

I'll experiment tomorrow but if the drift trial rooms are like that then I'll probably keep it to a free run room.

NO NOS PERIOD HAHAHA!
No NOS will most likely mean no me.
I mostly asked because I would probably be using NOS with either of the cars I was thinking about using.
I think nos should be aloud to cars under a certain pp limit, just to keep it interesting

Everyone who has entered this competition, please inbox me whether you agree on using NOS or not. As for some reason I cannot get a thread poll going from the original post.

Also, not bringing in a PP limit as most people still know that although it's better then before it's still slightly broken.

The scoring system stops counting if you repeat the section or go reverse. Ive heard you can also turn it off by putting display Off.

The scoring system stops counting if you repeat the section or go reverse. Ive heard you can also turn it off by putting display Off.

I'll be sure to test these out tomorrow 👍 Problem is section I have chosen is going to be in the normal direction of the track.

I'll be sure to test these out tomorrow 👍 Problem is section I have chosen is going to be in the normal direction of the track.
The point system is a one-time gain per lap. You wont get any more points if you turn around and repeat the section, unless you complete the lap.

The point system is a one-time gain per lap. You wont get any more points if you turn around and repeat the section, unless you complete the lap.

Ahh fair enough, another contestants decision I guess, steering lock does matter but I ain't gon lie the points system is annoying and the sounds for it are terrible.

EDIT: Since I have realised that a 24 bracket tournament won't work, the number has been reduced to 16 so unless there are a lot of extra competitors then I shall figure out whether to expand the tournament or not.

Last edited:
Ahh fair enough, another contestants decision I guess, steering lock does matter but I ain't gon lie the points system is annoying and the sounds for it are terrible.

EDIT: Since I have realised that a 24 bracket tournament won't work, the number has been reduced to 16 so unless there are a lot of extra competitors then I shall figure out whether to expand the tournament or not.
Count me out, Unless you can make my battles, Friday before 10:30pm NZT or Sunday before 10:30 NZT.

Okay well with scheduling I'm more so leaning on having most battles between the hours of 4PM-10 or 11PM AEDST time through the weekend so you should be okay.

Erm, probably pushing it….. 8pm-2am or 3am my time. might not make it been that late on a Friday or Sunday knowing the GT6 servers. Saturday would be better as I should finish work @ 6pm my time. So pretty much 2pm to like 8pm ADEST because thats 6pm-12am my time.

Back