GTP H2H Tournament #1 | Presented By: SS | Asia-Pacific Region | Podium in OP

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 344 comments
Australia
Sydney
Stavingo
View attachment 135951

(Thanks to Drift_Monkey + TH137Z for the banners)

The Head 2 Head Tournament is set to return to GT6!

*AS VOTED BY GENERAL CONSENSUS NOS SHALL BE ALLOWED - CARS USING NOS MUST NOT EXCEED 400HP*

After a few ups and downs with this tournament back for you old timers on GT5, or whoever remembers competition a few years ago is finally set to make a return to GT6 and hopefully turn this tournament into a bi-monthly or monthly event for drifters from GTP to at each other on the track and see who is the top dog at the end of the day. No qualification runs here with this tournament, so sign up quick before you miss out on a spot!

I will decide to the closer date how many competitors there will be, if signups fill fast I shall expand the tournament but at the moment I only have 16 signup spots available!

Obviously due to the huge hiatus of this tournament, there is going to be a big difference in what has happened with that last few times this competition has been ran. For starters, instead of Hayden (or Mr D for those who remember him) hosting and setting up this entire tournament, I have gladly requested his permission to host this tournament, and the passing of the torch has occurred and now I'm gonna try my hand at running this tournament, so wish me luck guys :lol:

One of the major changes to this tournament is that it will not be a worldwide tournament anymore, I apologise for anyone in advance looking forward to this tournament but this is because of timezone constraints and the fact the round schedules will be held differently in comparison to last time.

I have shifted the focus of this tournament towards the Asia Pacific Region in hopes to see more people from Australia and New Zealand get into competitive drifting along with hopefully this tournament starting a sprouting events for more drift competitions in this region of the world as well. Also another reason why I've decided to not make this a global event is mainly due to the Virtual Drift Circuit, and I totally understand the commitment people on this forum from the EU and US have to that event and I completely respect what Spank does in co-ordinating and running that event for you guys and I'd rather not have time clashes with those events. But put simply you guys from the US and EU got VDC and all the people from down under get to have the H2H as our little treat for fun ;)

Also, instead of contestants choosing their own times, I will set a particular time in which both competitors must arrive into a lobby I shall host and compete against each other. Major problems with the last few tournaments that occurred was competitors setting up their time and not being able to show, I'm gonna cut all of this and hopefully have a time set by me and will further be negotiable by competitors if problems persist with a time. Most battles will be mainly scheduled towards Friday/Saturday/Sunday afternoon or night but if you guys want to propose a different time that all involved can attend I will be happy to change the schedule.

Now, with all of that out of the way here comes the nitty gritty of the tournament:

Regulations:

700HP Limit (HP wise if the car (stock or tuned up) is over the limit, you cannot decrease the power limiter below 90% to reach the HP threshold. If your car is inside the horsepower limit (even when fully tuned) then you can adjust the power limit to your liking.)
No KG Limit
No PP Limit
Race cars not allowed
FR/MR Cars Only
Comfort Hard Tyres only
No driving aids other then ABS
Real Grip
Tyre/Fuel Depletion ON (Pitstops allowed in between runs if required)
Rumble strips DO count as part of the track
NOS Allowed - Car must be under 400HP to use NOS

Rules:

• Drivers are shared out 10 points at the start of each run.
  • A judge will award these points at the end of each run.
  • After both runs the driver with the highest combined score moves on.
  • Should each driver end on 10 after the two runs, a "one more time" is called. Each driver will lead a run, same rules apply as a normal run.
  • Overtaking, whilst legal is discouraged. A driver who overtakes his opponent will not be guaranteed a 10-0 run
  • Contact that causes a driver to crash, spin, lose his line or suddenly gain speed will also hand a 10-0 score to the other driver. Contact is blamed on the following driver.
  • While contact is blamed on the following driver, should the leader deliberately "brake check" or brake unexpectedly during a drift causing his opponent to crash, spin, lose his line or suddenly lose speed, his opponent will get the 10-0 score
  • Up to 3 wheels may leave the track at any given time, without penalty
  • Rumble strips are counted as part of the track.

Most runs will be judged by me but I am happy to have some assistance as long as you have necessary qualifications to judge and have judged before in GTP events. (and no, judging some drift competition in a public server doesn't count)

The criteria of drifting will mainly be based on:
Overall style and impression
Entry Speed into each corner
Distance between leader and chaser
Angle
Smoothness

Taken from the GTPDC rules: Here (Edited/Written by Hayden)

The person who's name is written on top in the list below will lead the first run. The critical success factor is for the lead car to be able to run the course without error while being pressured by the following car. The following car is to try and “out drive” the lead car. Driver consistency during a tandem battle is critical. Lead Car must be able to clear the course without making any errors due to distraction or pressure by the following car. Following Car needs to run the same basic line as the lead car but may also take a higher line in order to pressure the lead driver. Taking a lower line than the lead car will result in a loss of advantage. If the lead car is off line, the following car will gain advantage points by staying on the correct line. The following car should keep as close to the lead car as possible to gain the advantage. Collisions may occur during tandem battle and in the event of contact, the driver at fault will lose advantage points. Drivers are required to complete the entire course, even if the other driver crashes, hits, spins, stalls or is not able to complete the run. Drivers are always being judged as long as they are on course. Tandem Scoring will be observed by the judge during the head-to-head battle. After the first run the judge will make a decision based on line, angle, speed and overall style dividing 10 points between the two drivers. In a very close battle, the scores may be 5-5, if a driver crashes and his competitor finishes the run without incident a 10-0 will be awarded. After the 2nd run the same is done but in the event of the scores being equal from the two runs added together (10-10) a “One More Time” will be granted, and the competitors will begin another 2-run head-to-head battle. Multiple “One More Times” may be necessary to determine a winner.

Passing, while legal, is definitely discouraged as more often then not it ends in a crash. Even if a pass is completed, it doesn't gaurantee you will win the run, and any contact will give the following car a 0. So you should only pass if the perfect oppurtunity presents.

Operation of lobby:

I shall open a lobby aprroximately 35 minutes before a run between two participants have been scheduled (The type of room hosted TBC), I will type and sign out a 5 minute time frame where participants must leave the track, failing to co-operate with this rule will give you a DNF and your competitor will win by default. One expectation I have of the competitors is to be time punctual to your scheduled time and competition. Also, not turning up to the scheduled time given and or negotiated by me will also signal you for a DNF.

Once all participants are off track, I will start the race and the scheduled contestants shall enter the track. Anyone who is not allowed to enter the track and does break this rule will force me to kick them from the server along with fractioning you with a DNF.

The Track: Silverstone: Stowe Circuit

*FINISH LINE IS THE YELLOW LINE ACROSS TRACK AT 1:38*

stowe2-jpg.127762

(Rough sketch so far from NeilSean)

Schedule:

As said above most battles will occur on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday and the times set will be from AEDST, but more of this shall be expanded once spots have filled up.

ENTRY FORM:
Name: (GTP/PSN)
Comp Car:
Team: (if applicable)

Hope to see all you guys go out at it on the track soon :)

Regards,
Stav

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTESTANTS:

Name: slimysnake/VvslimysnakevV
Comp Car: BMW M3 Chrome Line
Team: N/A

Name: tranzFT
Car: Toyota Supra RZ

Name: Marshy144/shadow_trickss
Comp car: Toyota Supra RZ

Name: JDM_Tuning_2JZN6
Car: Nissan Z33
Team: JDMT

Name: ReDMySTiC/JDM_Tuning_FA20
Car: Toyota MR2 GT-S '97

Name: Cheese7killer / JDM_Tuning_FC20B
Car: Nissan Z33

Name: NeilSean/JDM_Tuning_JHG50
Comp Car: Nissan Silvia S13

Name: JR86 / JDM_Tuning_JR86
Car: Nissan Z34

Name: JDM_Tuning_S3OZ
Comp Car: Nissan Z33

Name: JDM SRE70 / JDM_Tuning-SRE70
Car: Holden Commodore S.S "04

Name: JDM_NOONGA
Car: Mazda RX8
Team: RCD

Name: SLaBaTaC
Australia
Car: Nissan Z34

Name: TH137Z
Car: TVR V8S

Name DrifTa-AJV
Comp Car: Mazda RX7 FD3S
Team: Southern Sliderz

Name: ShootDaCar
Comp Car: Toyota Supra RZ
Team: Southern Sliderz

Name: KOTR_NOVARX
Comp Car: Jaguar XKR-S
Team: TrueDrift

THE BRACKET & SCORES

fd413c8310e4f8ee0594b7a10962ad0e.png

Also available at: http://challonge.com/GTPH2H1

Forfeited contestants: (Italicised)

Cheese7killer vs. JDM SRE70

ReDMySTiC vs. TH137Z

Slimysnake vs. JDM_Tuning_S30Z

ROUND 1 SCORES:

Matchups:

ShootDaCar vs. Marshy144

Run 1: 5-5 tie (both went off track)

Run 2: 10-0 to ShootDaCar (Marshy144 spinout)

JDM_Tuning_2JZN6 vs. VvslimysnakevV

Run 1: 6-4 to JDM_Tuning_2JZN6

Run 2: 10-0 to VvslimysnakevV (2JZN6 spinout)

KOTR_NOVARX vs. JDM_Tuning_S30Z

Run 1: 6-4 to KOTR_NOVARX

Run 2: 6-4 to JDM_Tuning_S30Z

OMT1: 5-5 Tie (Agreed to redo run)

OMT2: 10-0 to JDM_Tuning_S30Z (KOTR_NOVARX spun and came to complete halt)

JDM_NOONGA vs. tranzFT

Run 1: 6-4 to JDM_NOONGA

Run 2: 6-4 to tranzFT

OMT1: Tie

OMT2: 10-0 to JDM_NOONGA (Tranz spinout)

DrifTa-AJV vs. SLaBaTaC

Run 1: 10-0 to SLaBaTaC (DrifTa-AJV spinout)

Run 2: 10-0 to SLaBaTaC (DrifTa-AJV spinout)

NeilSean vs. JR86

Run 1: 10-0 to JR86 (Neilsean spinout)

Run 2: 6-4 to JR86

ROUND 2 SCORES:

JDM_NOONGA vs. SLaBaTaC

Run 1: 7-3 to SLaBaTaC

Run 2: 6-4 to JDM_NOONGA

JDM SRE70 vs. ShootDaCar

Run 1: 6-4 to JDM SRE70

Run 2: 10-0 to JDM SRE70 (ShootDaCar spinout)

ROUND 3 SCORES:

SLaBaTaC vs. TH137Z

Run 1: 6-4 to SLaBaTaC

Run 2: 6-4 to TH137Z

OMT2: 10-0 to SLaBaTaC (TH137Z spinout)

JDM SRE70 vs. JDM_Tuning_S30Z

Run 1: 10-0 to JDM_Tuning_S30Z (JDM SRE70 Spin)

Run 2: 10-0 to JDM SRE70 (JDM_Tuning_S30Z)

OMT2: Tie (Rerun)

OMT3: 7-3 to JDM_Tuning_S30Z

Bronze Match:

JDM SRE70 vs. TH137Z

Run 1: 5-5 Tie

Run 2: 5-5 Tie

OMT1: 10-0 to TH137Z (JDM SRE70 spinout)

Finals:

JDM_Tuning_S30Z vs. SLaBaTaC

Run 1: 6-4 to JDM_Tuning_S30Z

Run 2: 6-4 to SLaBaTaC

OMT2: 6-4 to JDM_Tuning_S30Z

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*AREA RESERVED FOR MEDIA RELATED CONTENT*

Last edited:
I was a bit disappointed when the last 2 tournaments didn't even get past top 8 (due to major time conflicts and Mr D disappearing), but i'm still excited to see this happening again! I'm remember this being the first tournament for a lot of us in GT5. Goodluck with this!

I think a few things need to change,for starters drop the 90% power limiter.Id also prefer to choose my own times as im a night owl and drift better later at night as to the afternoon.You need to allow MR based cars as well as FR.
Would a clean pass / overtake on someone pretty much be a win as long as its clean and doesn't ruin anyone's line.
Define 'brake checking' cos alot of times during mid drift people may tap the brakes for weight transfer or to gain more grip.

SLaBaTaC
Australia
370Z or Supra RZ.
RapidCrabDrifters.

I think a few things need to change,for starters drop the 90% power limiter.Id also prefer to choose my own times as im a night owl and drift better later at night as to the afternoon.You need to allow MR based cars as well as FR. Would a clean pass / overtake on someone pretty much be a win as long as its clean and doesn't ruin anyone's line. Define 'brake checking' cos alot of times during mid drift people may tap the brakes for weight transfer or to gain more grip.

SLaBaTaC
Australia
370Z or Supra RZ.
RapidCrabDrifters.

The 90% power limiter is there so people don't abuse the torque curve that comes with dropping power majorly, plus the HP margin is huge enough I highly doubt people are going to have a drift car beyond 700HP, thanks for picking up on the layup I forgot to add MR to the regs. The time schedule is still flexible, I understand people prefer closer to night times and I can be more lenient towards that (Being a semi night owl myself) Not all battles are going to be scheduled in the afternoon or only just at night, I want to have some flexibility in case competitors don't show up to their battle even when they choose a time (A huge problem in the past) So rather then a person just showing up and getting an automatic win, I'd rather have two battles roughly around the same time so contestants can advance a bracket or two and just be more time efficient.

Regarding overtaking, as long as I observe a major speed difference in the two cars and your line to overtake the lead car isn't too far off the main line and the opportunity presents itself then it should be fine, but if you pass that doesn't give an automatic win.

Brake checking in my honest opinion is when a contestant on the drift section drifts way before what is shown in the demonstration video coming out, I understand all cars are different and braking points vary at any time, but the video will be a rough measure of where braking should initiate when doing competitive runs.

Regarding transitions, as long as the brake tap doesn't cause too much loss of speed and doesn't create contact then it should be fine, but if the following car does hit the lead car due to brake tapping then deductions to the lead car may occur.

Also contestants please put down your competition car within a few days of the demo vid of the comp line coming out.

Cheers,
Stav.

Last edited:
10 spots have been filled! :) Glad to see so much interest in this competition, if anyone hasn't signed up there is only 14 slots left so get registered quick fellow GTP'ers.

Cheers,
Stav

The 90% power limiter is there so people don't abuse the torque curve that comes with dropping power majorly, plus the HP margin is huge enough I highly doubt people are going to have a drift car beyond 700HP, thanks for picking up on the layup I forgot to add MR to the regs. The time schedule is still flexible, I understand people prefer closer to night times and I can be more lenient towards that (Being a semi night owl myself) Not all battles are going to be scheduled in the afternoon or only just at night, I want to have some flexibility in case competitors don't show up to their battle even when they choose a time (A huge problem in the past) So rather then a person just showing up and getting an automatic win, I'd rather have two battles roughly around the same time so contestants can advance a bracket or two and just be more time efficient.

Regarding overtaking, as long as I observe a major speed difference in the two cars and your line to overtake the lead car isn't too far off the main line and the opportunity presents itself then it should be fine, but if you pass that doesn't give an automatic win.

Brake checking in my honest opinion is when a contestant on the drift section drifts way before what is shown in the demonstration video coming out, I understand all cars are different and braking points vary at any time, but the video will be a rough measure of where braking should initiate when doing competitive runs.

Regarding transitions, as long as the brake tap doesn't cause too much loss of speed and doesn't create contact then it should be fine, but if the following car does hit the lead car due to brake tapping then deductions to the lead car may occur.

Also contestants please put down your competition car within 4 days of the demo vid of the comp line coming out.

Cheers,
Stav.
Just be careful on the brake checking, I know a few people who have a issue with pedal sticking, he wont be on the brakes in real life, but his brake pedal may stick, making it look like the brakes are on.

Just be careful on the brake checking, I know a few people who have a issue with pedal sticking, he wont be on the brakes in real life, but his brake pedal may stick, making it look like the brakes are on.

Okay fair enough, as long as the pedal sticking isn't too major it should be fine, worst case scenario is that it causes a crash and competitors do a re-run.

And no, getting on the brakes intentionally will not warrant a rerun.

Back