GTP H2H Tournament #2 | Sponsored By: SS | T1 - MCR-Ishox & MCR-monsterGAUZ 3RD - TH137Z

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 248 comments

Should hybrids be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters
I would love to sign up, but keep me as a reserve until you release the dates, i have a lot of work placement and stuff coming up, so i'm still not certain i'll be free!
ENTRY FORM:
Name: JDM_Tuning_FA20
Comp Car: TBD (Looks like i'm gonna be on GT6 making a comp car... time to give rFactor a rest XD)
NOS: Nope, i aint about dat lyf yo
Team: teamJDMT

Also, i would shy away from hybrids at least until they're available to everyone...
As it stands, it's only available to those with either a Jailbroken PS3 or to those who want to pay someone else to make them.. As slow/low powered as they are, it should still be considered an unfair advantage due to free choice of engine & chassis... Everyone without hybrids has large Engine & Chassis limitations compared to those who do..

Damn, i forgot about work placement. I'll have to get back to you about it, will check up on date and time soon.

Hopfully 0 derping this time

Name: JDM_Tuning_ZN86
Comp Car: TBD (Hybrid 86 or E92 M3)
NOS: No
Team: teamJDMT

Really cannot see the advantage they gain.

Chances are considering if you're using a hybrid, you're running absolutely broken camber to make it fit, or at least not comp spec, if you care about looking good (and not completely broken what are fenders how do i life), so I can definitely agree here. Sure, you're able to pick and choose specifics, but if it's suppose to be run like a real comp, such modifications are usually allowed if you got the resources right?

Last edited:
The main issue with hybrid owners is some of them lie tbh have moded grip, downforce etc.

But most people don't do it from what I can tell.

To be honest I think added grip would cause problems on my section but that's up for debate once I put up a line video.

The main issue with hybrid owners is some of them lie tbh have moded grip, downforce etc.

But most people don't do it from what I can tell.

Well to anyone against hybrids.
Here's my 33's specs to show it's legit.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hybrids ain't really fair as not every one can have them. Plus you can't tell if there using grip multiplier or some other dumb 🤬.

As @NeilSean said before, can't really understand why anybody would even use the grip multiplier's, and if anybody is concerned about front downforce, get them to send screenshots of the body to prove they aren't using it...

Hybrids ain't really fair as not every one can have them. Plus you can't tell if there using grip multiplier or some other dumb 🤬.
Actually anyone can get them.
They just need to know or ask the right people.
Plus you actually can tell if they are using a grip multiplier because they will be much faster and I don't mean like CM sort of speed it would be more like a RH sort of speed.
Also there would be minimal benefits in having higher downforce since most of the drifting will probably be at the sort of speed where the downforce wouldn't make much difference at all.

Edit: Also @Stavingo I updated what car I will be using in my post.

22 votes all together ?
How many people have actually signed up?

Also, a Ferrari 458, Jaguar XKR-S and a Camaro '10 is allowed?
All of which are OP grip cars like the Spirit FD.
My brain actually hurts trying to think how this makes sense.
But a R33 with the same specs as my VY is disallowed because people think it'll be too quick.

I thought this comp was meant to be fun?

There's more chance of me leaving JDMT than using grip multipliers or front downforce.
Plus I can't give myself them mods, even on GT5 I don't know how to get them which I still make cars every week on.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

22 votes all together ?
How many people have actually signed up?

Also, a Ferrari 458, Jaguar XKR-S and a Camaro '10 is allowed?
All of which are OP grip cars like the Spirit FD.
My brain actually hurts trying to think how this makes sense.
But a R33 with the same specs as my VY is disallowed because people think it'll be too quick.

I thought this comp was meant to be fun?

There's more chance of me leaving JDMT than using grip multipliers or front downforce.
Plus I can't give myself them mods, even on GT5 I don't know how to get them which I still make cars every week on.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
My 458 compared to a Spirit FD makes it seem like a NA S13.

I don't have many issues keeping up with slimys m5, or most spirit rs and that's in my supra, think people just have to tune right.

Almost all of the hybrid drifters don't mess with the grip multiplier or downforce because it would make it far too hard to loose traction especially with a changed grip multiplier.

You'd be surprised. The things people do to win lol.
Remember all the silly hybrids on gt5 lol. I could name a lot of people that were using it.

You'd be surprised. The things people do to win lol.
Remember all the silly hybrids on gt5 lol. I could name a lot of people that were using it.
Most people here would of done some sort of hacking in GT5 and most people will admit they made some just stupid cars.
But with everyone I knew that did it never touched the grip multiplier because they knew that it would give them an unfair advantage.
You can't judge a whole group because of a few bad eggs that want to ruin other peoples fun.

Back