GTP H2H Tournament #2 | Sponsored By: SS | T1 - MCR-Ishox & MCR-monsterGAUZ 3RD - TH137Z

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 248 comments

Should hybrids be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters
Half the bracket is filled, @JDM SRE70 and @ReDMySTiC I need to know if you guys are still available for the tournament, I've figured out the weekend to host this on and this should be on probably the last day of holidays or first days of school - either I cram the whole thing into two days or I stretch it over three days (I prefer option B)

Also on another note, please just say yes or no to whether you're using NOS or not.
To be honest I really don't give a 🤬 what your opinion is on the use of it.

YOU GUYS VOTED FOR IT NOT ME -
can't have your cake and eat it too.

Most people here would of done some sort of hacking in GT5 and most people will admit they made some just stupid cars.
But with everyone I knew that did it never touched the grip multiplier because they knew that it would give them an unfair advantage.
You can't judge a whole group because of a few bad eggs that want to ruin other peoples fun.
Still unfair you can only hack if you own a jail broken ps3. Then there's the chassis swaps that give unfair advantage in certain cases like people using viper chassis. The thing with hacks is you don't know what's been done.

Still unfair you can only hack if you own a jail broken ps3. Then there's the chassis swaps that give unfair advantage in certain cases like people using viper chassis. The thing with hacks is you don't know what's been done.

It's not unfair.
My 33 has the Mustang GT 07' chassis, RWD conversion and RB25sound fromBlitz 04', not actual engine swap.

Many people from this thread have seen it in lobbies and no one has mentioned it's too quick and not suitable for tandeming or asked am I using extra downforce.

I don't own a Jailbroken ps3 so I can't make my car have grip multipliers or extra downforce.
If it did have it I'd be asking for it to be fixed.

Who mentioned your car or engine swaps lol, and poll is a poll don't matter if they signed up or not people are free to vote.

Last edited:
Who mentioned your car or engine swaps lol, and poll is a poll don't matter if they signed up or not people are free to vote.

I'm pretty sure there's only 2 people who have said they want to use hybrids.
So that means the use of hybrids can be determined by people who aren't even in this comp? Yes that makes a lot of sense.

That's like me voting for rule changes in FDC and I'm not competing in that comp.

If you aren't registered, you shouldn't be able to vote. As the comp won't be affecting you at all, it means anyone who has a grudge over hybrid use in comps can ruin someone else's fun.

Half the bracket is filled, @JDM SRE70 and @ReDMySTiC I need to know if you guys are still available for the tournament, I've figured out the weekend to host this on and this should be on probably the last day of holidays or first days of school - either I cram the whole thing into two days or I stretch it over three days (I prefer option B)

Also on another note, please just say yes or no to whether you're using NOS or not.
To be honest I really don't give a 🤬 what your opinion is on the use of it.
YOU GUYS VOTED FOR IT NOT ME - can't have your cake and eat it too.

Monday to Friday 9-5pm I have work. So i can work around those times.

Thing is how does someone gain an advantage by using a Viper chassis?
If you had of Spirit R or XKR-S I would of understood because of there glitched grip levels.
But most people use chassis that end up being worse than the factory chassis of cars but they only use them because of the extra width to stance the car.
Yes you can only hack cars with a JB PS3 but that doesn't stop other people getting hacked cars at all.
If you goto NGU and ask around I bet you would be able to get some hacked cars for yourself within a day or so.
You can work out whats been done pretty easily by the sound and how the car drives.
Plus I don't see why it bothers you so much when you are not competing in this comp.

Guys as much as I like talking, take the crap about hybrids to PM and don't clutter up the thread 👍

Monday to Friday 9-5pm I have work. So i can work around those times.

Awesome, as long as you can get home fairly quickly and you're on by about 6:30 you should be fine.

I'll move you back to the contestants list.

EDIT: Over half the slots are filled so sign up quick :)

@Stavingo 1 moar post about hybrid use and I'm done mmmmmmk. (and just get rid of the damn poll and allow them pls, becoz i has gud proof dat der is minimal advantage, and I mean you lose the original champ competing if you don't allow them)

Hybrids should be fair as long as the car details are given out (screenshots as proof for things like downforce and power).

Now, I'm going to tell you and everybody else who must not know, something about GT6 modding.
Swaps don't work the same in GT6. The only thing that is the same is drivetrain and suspension as far as I know.
If you say, for example, my comp / #swag spec 86.
It has:
LFA Chassis
Blitz Skyline Motor @ 625HP (Due to custom turbo codes)
Blitz Skyline Suspension (only got it for ride height adjustment)

Motor is only sound, as stated by S30 above. It does not actually swap engine and change characteristics of original motor. So the 86 still has an FA20 in it, just because of turbo codes it has more power, and engine code to sound cool.
Now, the chassis. As far as I know, in this game, the chassis will ONLY change position of wheels. The car still handles the same as original. So viper chassis swaps will literally make no difference besides looking awesome. Still handles like an 86, still as fast as a normal 86 (taking out the variable of power).
Downforce and grip multiplier's, well you can just take screenshots for downforce to solve this issue, and seriously, nobody is going to be able use grip multipliers without people knowing, because the speed difference is CH vs RH basically. That, and the two people using hybrids so far (me and S30), have been in lobbies with the cars already, people know that they don't have stupid crap like grip multipliers on, and frankly, I probably couldn't even use my 86 if it did because the thing is fairly grippy. (and no, we won't be able to add them later, we personally don't have cfw PS3's, we had other people do it for us, even my guy who did it for me, didn't even know how to use grip multiplier when I asked because of this silly argument)
Turbo codes are the only way to make power the motor couldn't before, so yes this is ONE advantage I admit that my 86 has, but 64kgfm peak torque @ 7000rpm, well, that doesn't really seem very competitive in my book. BUT, it is realistic. Get the resources to do it, and you can make that in reality. Not everybody has these resources. Neither does everybody else in real life due to budget or "cbf".

Now, if you and everybody else can't understand that there is literally only one tiny advantage (that is actually realistic) that can really be gained here, as much as you seem like a nice guy who has his own opinion, all I can say from here is.
(oh, and unless you can get as much evidence and proof as I have, don't bother telling me how wrong I might not be.)

pls stahp.

Last edited:
@Stavingo 1 moar post about hybrid use and I'm done mmmmmmk. (and just get rid of the damn poll and allow them pls, becoz i has gud proof dat der is minimal advantage, and I mean you lose the original champ competing if you don't allow them)

Hybrids should be fair as long as the car details are given out (screenshots as proof for things like downforce and power).

Now, I'm going to tell you and everybody else who must not know, something about GT6 modding.
Swaps don't work the same in GT6. The only thing that is the same is drivetrain and suspension as far as I know.
If you say, for example, my comp / #swag spec 86.
It has:
LFA Chassis
Blitz Skyline Motor @ 625HP (Due to custom turbo codes)
Blitz Skyline Suspension (only got it for ride height adjustment)

Motor is only sound, as stated by S30 above. It does not actually swap engine and change characteristics of original motor. So the 86 still has an FA20 in it, just because of turbo codes it has more power, and engine code to sound cool.
Now, the chassis. As far as I know, in this game, the chassis will ONLY change position of wheels. The car still handles the same as original. So viper chassis swaps will literally make no difference besides looking awesome. Still handles like an 86, still as fast as a normal 86 (taking out the variable of power).
Downforce and grip multiplier's, well you can just take screenshots for downforce to solve this issue, and seriously, nobody is going to be able use grip multipliers without people knowing, because the speed difference is CH vs RH basically. That, and the two people using hybrids so far (me and S30), have been in lobbies with the cars already, people know that they don't have stupid crap like grip multipliers on, and frankly, I probably couldn't even use my 86 if it did because the thing is fairly grippy. (and no, we won't be able to add them later, we personally don't have cfw PS3's, we had other people do it for us, even my guy who did it for me, didn't even know how to use grip multiplier when I asked because of this silly argument)
Turbo codes are the only way to make power the motor couldn't before, so yes this is ONE advantage I admit that my 86 has, but 64kgfm peak torque @ 7000rpm, well, that doesn't really seem very competitive in my book. BUT, it is realistic. Get the resources to do it, and you can make that in reality. Not everybody has these resources. Neither does everybody else in real life due to budget or "cbf".

Now, if you and everybody else can't understand that there is literally only one tiny advantage (that is actually realistic) that can really be gained here, as much as you seem like a nice guy who has his own opinion, all I can say from here is.
(oh, and unless you can get as much evidence and proof as I have, don't bother telling me how wrong I might not be.)

shut
da
fak
up.

C'mon guys take it to PM, and the last bit isn't needed. Don't make me get Stav to kick you out the comp already okay.

Dates of tournament added to OP

To be honest I don't know how to get rid of the poll

After seeing all these posts about hybrids I have come to question how hypocritical the drifting forum is :lol:

Just saying you guys don't have to prove the point to me about it, like I said I don't give a 🤬 you guys are supposed to discuss/solve the problem collectively - all this talk and arguments doesn't help anyone.

But thanks for the insight 👍

P.S - Lord have mercy on your soul if you try and use a grippy car in a high speed section :P

Last edited:
C'mon guys take it to PM, and the last bit isn't needed. Don't make me get Stav to kick you out the comp already okay.

sowweeeee :c Was kind of just getting annoyed because there hasn't been enough evidence or strong reasons that could either be easily solved or be a game breaker for hybrids in the comp

Dates of tournament added to OP

To be honest I don't know how to get rid of the poll

After seeing all these posts about hybrids I have come to question how hypocritical the drifting forum is :lol:

Just saying you guys don't have to prove the point to me about, like I said I don't give a 🤬 you guys are supposed to discuss/solve the problem collectively - all this talk and arguments doesn't help anyone.

But thanks for the insight 👍

P.S - Lord have mercy on your soul if you try and use a grippy car in a high speed section :P

Should be under thread tools? Not sure.
And it's going to be a highspeed section? fuaaarrrkkk

Thing is how does someone gain an advantage by using a Viper chassis?
If you had of Spirit R or XKR-S I would of understood because of there glitched grip levels.
But most people use chassis that end up being worse than the factory chassis of cars but they only use them because of the extra width to stance the car.
Yes you can only hack cars with a JB PS3 but that doesn't stop other people getting hacked cars at all.
If you goto NGU and ask around I bet you would be able to get some hacked cars for yourself within a day or so.
You can work out whats been done pretty easily by the sound and how the car drives.
Plus I don't see why it bothers you so much when you are not competing in this comp.
I can get a hack when ever I want but I choose not to because I'm only interested in engine swaps. Having just the engine sound doesn't do it for me. I never was a fan of chassis swaps or extra grip or any of the other 🤬🤬 stuff lol. I was never trying to start an argument, some people here are obviously a bit touchy when people mention don't allow hybrids, I wonder why that is lol. I'm done peace :lol:

Contestants, time is in the OP, give me replies/queries in the OP about the date and time, should be all good since it'll be a weekend and Friday afternoon for most of us.

I was never trying to start an argument, some people here are obviously a bit touchy when people mention don't allow hybrids, I wonder why that is lol. I'm done peace :lol:

Your first post was in this thread was:

Hybrids ain't really fair as not every one can have them. Plus you can't tell if there using grip multiplier or some other dumb 🤬.

What the 🤬 did you expect, seriously?

For the last time, keep it to PM or make a damn thread about it somewhere else :banghead:

All I was doing was stating my opinion, am I not free to do that?.
If some one had just said smokey this is for contestants only, I would of left it at that, but people got really defensive and started an argument. That's not my fault. Just to clear things up.

Last edited:
All I was doing was stating my opinion, am I not free to do that?.
If some one had just said smokey this is for contestants only, I would of left it at that, but people got really defensive and started an argument. That's not my fault. Just to clear thing up.

Let's not keep this going before a mod shuts this down. Please, just leave it or settle it through PM.

Sorry but I'm being too far indulged into making dinner with my missus but also watching State Of Origin.

I'll put up track map later, sorry about the lack of video I'm still in exam mode and not really keen to hop on the PS3 at the moment.

Let's not keep this going before a mod shuts this down. Please, just leave it or settle it through PM.

Cheers, y'all need a discussion on this in a new thread :lol:

EDIT: Track map added to OP

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back