GTP Karting: General Series Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 377 comments
Will there be a form to register for the heats in Round 7?

By the way, I am watching this thread but not getting alerts for it which is not the case with some other threads and forums that I am following.
Would anybody have some profile troubleshooting advice to share?

Last edited:
When can we expect an update to the Championship standings on the Promoters noticeboard?
It would be good to have it before Round 7.

I posted a few videos on YouTube of some past races to help pass the time until the official videos are posted.
cardsfan-3 and msgt-sd closely racing in the qualification round.

My fastest lap of the KF2 final at Tsukuba.

And the full LCQ race at Motegi.

It was really fun racing with you all this season, and watching some replays of races brings back good memories. Hopefully everyone enjoyed season one and is looking forward to next season like I am :cheers:.

AJ
Nothing to announce at the moment, but unlikely to return on GT6 due to lack of interest.

lack off interest ? what is enough interest ? how should people show interest iff there isn`t something too catch their interest ?

There was some good interest at the begin, but when series went forward race by race more and more people were dropping the series. Only those more fanatic stay in series and final cut was to move to one class - which was enforced decision because lack of interest.

I think it`s wrong too just say there isn`t enough interest because off how the last season went , there can be so many reasons too why people lost their interest , and I for 1 could probaly find between 6-10 new people that most likely would want too participate in a new season , and most important I think , is letting the karting series stay alive and I will then , bet anyone that it will catch people`s interest , the longer it runs , - just my my opinion offcourse and I or no one else for that matter can predict how the future will be :)

Going off of what was said before, I personally feel like people lost interest because they were put off by how the kart races went. You would start out too close to everyone, the guy behind you would have a transmission set wrong, he would blow by you on the start, block you, you would take damage, end of race. In a sense, the races were too short, encouraging highly aggressive driving, which led to people being turned off by the kart series.

I feel that if the series were improved upon, it would bring people back, and encourage new drivers to join as well.

Here are some ideas for different events:

• A 2-lap time trial one driver at a time (To set a grid maybe?)
  • Starting races in practice lobbies like the endurance series and having drivers start farther apart on the grid
  • have 1 on 1 races in a sort of competition bracket (Hill climb challenge like? Or similar to the Race of Legends in Champions where they start of opposite sides and just try to beat each other to their finish line over the span of 2 laps?)
  • Having longer races that encourage a more relaxed style of driving, and giving each other more room
  • Have it be like a "Regularity Rally" where instead of aiming to be the quickest, you aim to be fully consistent in achieving a predetermined time.

Solution for transmission differences in starting from grid is to use formation laps (rolling start) - it's help at least little.
I would love to have longer races - one pit stop at least - as it was in race#1 Tsukuba.

Solution for transmission differences in starting from grid is to use formation laps (rolling start) - it's help at least little.
I would love to have longer races - one pit stop at least - as it was in race#1 Tsukuba.

I wouldn't mind it, although the decision to shorten the races to get rid of pit stops was a popular one. Drivers were saying how pit stops for kart races were unrealistic.

Back