GTP Members, post your time lap times!

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 1,601 comments
It's over right?

As for Ti-tech, i say it's something for the GT academy players get used to. That happens all the time in real life.

Drivers like Schummy and Senna would not share setups, ran people off the track and things like that. And we all know they are probably the top two drivers of all time.

So setting your best lap at the last second is not that big of a deal.

I heard from my friends a lot of complains about the ability to chase ghosts in a competition like this one. Maybe Ti-Tech didn't wanted other players chasing his ghost, or he wanted a huge surprise at the end.

In any case, the only thing i can say is that his driving is out of this world, i've already watched both laps.

Time trial is over. Congrats to all the finalists and good luck in finals :)

PS:

uyyyy.jpg

:sly::sly::sly:

Not so fast buddy.

People from USA and Canada still have one more day to set their times

:dopey:👍

Unless, of course, i'm crazy and lost sense of time.

So I ended up 7th in NZ which sounds great, but looking at the times of people from around the world makes me feel useless.

Petrol-Head209 1'48.614 1'36.374 3'24.988

Anyway, atleast Ill get a free trip to the finals and get to see a new GT track, and Im looking forward to meeting any other kiwis on GTP on the 3rd of Feb!

Finished at last!

Managed to stay in the portuguese top 20 through the last day

Final times:

15th
Gaviao_GTPT
1'48.522
1'36.391
3'24.913

Well my times are

1'36.718 Tuned
1'49.100 Stock
3'25.818

135th in UK not great lol

But I only really started using my G25 and GT5P about 2 weeks prior to the time trial so had little experience of it. Before that I have only played prologue a few times with a pad about 2 years previous and found it too frustrating on a pad!

Oh the talent on here is just amazing. I thought I could put a half decent lap together but the top drivers are something else! I appreciate all the driver tips and info on here forums, simply a waste of time to go anywhere else if your a GT fan.

Tuned 1`38.122
Normal 1`50.794

I'm clearly not listening hard enough though, I have seconds to shave off, not tenths! I still had an absolute blast playing this competition though. Kudos to all the top players!

Heres my finishing times...Very pleased with my personal goals....A few hundredths behind Yamauchi san aswell....Its been fun, and tough to stay in top 250, but worth it...All the best to the finalists for the rest of the competition...;-)...

UK

Normal car: 1'49.273 187th

Tuned car: 1'36.835 183rd

Total: 3'26.108 175th

World ranking: 1726th

Last edited:
Well my times are

1'36.718 Tuned
1'49.100 Stock
3'25.818

135th in UK not great lol

But I only really started using my G25 and GT5P about 2 weeks prior to the time trial so had little experience of it. Before that I have only played prologue a few times with a pad about 2 years previous and found it too frustrating on a pad!

Hey I got exactly the same time in the tuned car. You may think 135th place is not that great but look at this way you beat about 83,000 other players in the UK, thats not bad at all.

my first time on topic here :sly:

Final times
normal: 1'47.636 :ouch:
tuned: 1'35.585 :)
total: 3'23.221 :)

Positions:
1st in Portugal
16th in GTAcademy
24th World wide

amazing competition and hard as hell :cheers: many congrats to everyone specially to the 3'22.*** :bowdown:

Finally finished (here in The Netherlands)
I'm really pleased with my position in the rankings.
Yeah I'm going to the finals, great to watch of of you guys improve you're time.
Hope to see you on the track :dopey:

Normal 1'48.171
Tuned 1'35.950
Total 3'24.121
Worldrank : 291 :drool:

Having watched Arnauld's laps I think I'm more interested in his head than his technique, we've all done splits like that and right until the last corner for it to go wrong and more than anything what this shows is regardless of what gear or line as long as it works its a mind thing.
Eddskill is a professional sportsman and similarly Arnaud obviously can control his stress levels when his demons try to put him off.

Last edited:
Final positions:
GB-7TH
World-69th

On the whole very pleased, learnt abit but still got alot more to learn, unfortunatly looks like thats it for me this year due to my age... 19 days to young to enter. Gut wrenching after the hard work i put in but it was good fun on the whole:tup:.
Suprised to see the likes of sinibomb and stotty so far down but going by my calculations they've qualified as atleast 3 of the top 20 are not eligable to enter.

Final Position:-

Tuned - 1'36.060
Stock - 1'48.192
Total - 3'24.252

UK - 34th
World - 350th

Well done to all contenders especially my good friends who have all done so well... You know who you are. Special thanks to Timo and Pru for their tips. Major respect to Maz for his tenacity and never say die attitude and for that stunning final push that put him over the edge... what a racer!!! I'm sure being able to perform under that pressure stands him in good stead for the next round. 👍

I lost interest about two weeks ago. Tried a few times with the tuned but my heart simply wasn't in it. Had I been able to keep up my concentration I'm certain there was quite some time left to be found but I really don't think I would be able to find the second needed to reach a top twenty position. As it it I finished in 47:th on the Scandinavian leaderboard which, if I'm honest, is worse than I expected when the competition started. Of the 46 people ahead of me 26 were finns...

I would just like to say thanks to everyone that competed in GT5 TT that allowed me to loose my mind chasing you goast, i've lost loads of sleep and enjoyed it immensely!
Not being quite quick enough for top 20 as there are 27 very talented drivers in the UK that wouldn't back down for me to get that dream finalist position.

28 Pos (UK) for me.

It has been awesome and a privilege to have taken part.
Many thanks and a huge pat on the back to you very few talanted drivers, I wish you all the very best of luck.
Thanks again
Carmad

Huge congratulations to all GTP members who made it through to the next stage...unfortunately I'm not one of them!

Don't forget the top 30 in each region are through to the next stage in case any of the top 20 don't show on the day.

Don't forget the top 30 in each region are through to the next stage in case any of the top 20 don't show on the day.

I don't believe that's correct.

URGENT MESSAGE FOR GT ACADEMY PARTICIPANTS TO QUALIFY FOR STAGE 2:

The fastest 30 players from the UK must register their details should they wish to proceed to stage two of the competition, the National Finals. While only the 20 fastest players are due to contest the National Finals, the next ten players will be on standby should competitors be unavailable or not eligible to continue in the competition under the terms and conditions.

Final Times:

N: 1'47.991
T: 1'35.773

Total: 3'23.764 [19th UK, 159th World, 14th GTP]

That was possibly the most stressful gaming experience one should ever go through. I'd spent the whole Academy duration in the top 20 (even top 10 for one weekend) only to drop out to 24th by Sunday with almost nothing left to give. I tried the normal car on Saturday and was totally at sea, finished maybe one lap in ten. So I hopped back into the tuned car hoping I could nail my splits for that 1'35.7 and after hours of blisters, swearing, head-in-hands, ruined T3s and turn 11s, the golden egg dropped with less than an hour to go. Absolutely nail-biting finish in the UK, I went even faster about 4 laps later but had dropped to 19th and that's where I finish.

My deepest congratulations to EDDSKILL, davissi, Oldbeanee, John, DanHyperKermit, Mr Arrogance, Echoes08, Markyboy, Rutter200_VR46, Ron, Ingram, Pundershaw, Pez, Plume, GMDLONDON, banksy05, Moose, Ian, Jugstar, Sinibomb, Chris and Steve for such superb laptimes. Chris and Steve deserved to be top 20 having run excellent times yet being away for most of this last weekend.

Special congratulations also to these megastars for amazing performances in their own countries: FAK, Timo, Kevin, Will, Jack, Antti, Spy, Bart, Stijn, Hugo, Ramon, Bruno, Warren, Carl, Brock, Honeycar, Tim, Rudi, osg, Madison, Ripping, Ziss, Drama Kyd, Dessy, Manuelos, Gaviao, Alexi, Maff, FattMuck, Phil, Thomas, Bert, CT, Zocker, Motorius, Aresh, Karri and EBK2 :cheers: (sorry if I missed anyone out)

It's been amazing to see how much support can be given on a group like this despite it being a competition with real prizes, I would have been truly ashamed and disappointed not to have made it having had so much wisdom and help off people like Dan, Ian, Carl, Brock, FAK, Jack, Timo, Kevin, Maffski, Phil, Bart etc, you guys make this community very special indeed :bowdown:

Can I now say, I never want to see another Nissan or Indianapolis ever again, thank you-know-what that's over :lol:

All the best
Maz

Great write up Maz, you had a few of us worried for a while there, but I knew you would make it. Congrats to all who made it through. :cheers:

Congratulations to everyone that qualified for the next round!

I made it my aim to get into the top 1000 in the UK and am pleased to say I acheived 709th. As they say, it's the taking part that counts... How you guys can be so much faster I'll never know... :-)

Great write up there Mazmate:tup:...Like Dan said,we were all a bit worried last night,but it whas great to see you make it thru at the last moment:tup:👍...
We were all hitting the refresh button on the leaderboard every second to follow your improvement,and so were with you all the time:)...

Well done to all who made it thru:tup:👍👍

spy.

Maz, thanks for the kind words of recognition:sly:

I'm no megastar, but i'm bloody proud of my efforts. I actually had to spend the last 48hrs at my parents house doing a few chores for my father (fixing his caravan namely)........ and that certainly added to the stress levels refreshing the list and waiting for my name to drop down the list. Now i would have loved to be here trying to get into the '23's, but the family was first this weekend:tup:.

To all here at GTP who participated, those who made to Top 20 and finally those who topped their countries lists........... i tip my hat to the family here:)

Bring on the National Finals!

Wow, that was fun :D The top 20 in the UK (and I imagine, every other country for that matter) was so close, that it was silly, to be frank. I improved my tuned time by a tenth with less than two hours to go, had I not managed that, I wouldn't have qualified! I had some insight as to how difficult it would be on the first day of the demo, when I was ranked 10th and feeling very smug with myself, only to come back the next day to find myself 250th...

A big congrats to all of the qualifiers (and a big thanks for those who just missed out too, for making so many people so nervous these past few days.)

Lap times:

N: 1:47.917
T: 1:35.787

Total : 3:23.704

UK: 14th, World: 131st, GTP: 10th

Nice of you to mention me Synwraith, but alas I'm no megastar either !! Well if I am then you are a mega-mega-star :) . And GTP_Toivonen beat me rather convincingly for the NZ #1 spot, so full credit to him.

Maz you know almost all members by the real name.. :bowdown: strong post ;)

congratulations on your top spot in UK... i know sometimes you wished to live in my country too :lol: ;)

Back