GTP Members, post your time lap times!

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 1,601 comments
I wish I didn't live in South Africa :P

I experienced it quite a nice place where you live ;) But then, with your racing license you wouldn't be allowed anyway... Still, stunning performance, buddy đź‘Ť

Congrats to all who qualified :cheers: I qualified with a 1'35.964 and a 1'48.198 as 15th in The Netherlands. It's unsure if I can join the national finals, but if I can I'll put some more effort in than in the first round.

I experienced it quite a nice place where you live ;) But then, with your racing license you wouldn't be allowed anyway... Still, stunning performance, buddy đź‘Ť

Congrats to all who qualified :cheers: I qualified with a 1'35.964 and a 1'48.198 as 15th in The Netherlands. It's unsure if I can join the national finals, but if I can I'll put some more effort in than in the first round.

I was looking for your name on the time sheets but couldnt find you, what user name did you race under mate?

RE the racing license, they said that if you haven't competed in a National event in the last two years, you qualify. So I was just in, just a slight geographical issue.

Regardless, I actually enjoyed this competition right down to the last 3hrs. Looking forward to the full game.

It's unsure if I can join the national finals

Why so? You have to be there mate, when they put you in a real race car people will be amazed.

I was looking for your name on the time sheets but couldnt find you, what user name did you race under mate?

RE the racing license, they said that if you haven't competed in a National event in the last two years, you qualify. So I was just in, just a slight geographical issue.

Regardless, I actually enjoyed this competition right down to the last 3hrs. Looking forward to the full game.

I raced under Tuesday_Orange, since that account is coupled to the email adress I use most. Couldn't really enjoy the competition since I had to study, but I'm glad I qualified. Good to see you still race and I'm not surprised at all to see you finish that high up front :sly:

What's the schedule for you know then? Any chance for you in making it to Silverstone?

Why so? You have to be there mate, when they put you in a real race car people will be amazed.

I'm going snowboarding for a week during the period the finals are held, so I miss the only two weekends within that period. I have to hope I can play at home and qualify then, but I'd rather have a head-to-head fight..
Thanks for the kind words though :)

I raced under Tuesday_Orange, since that account is coupled to the email adress I use most. Couldn't really enjoy the competition since I had to study, but I'm glad I qualified. Good to see you still race and I'm not surprised at all to see you finish that high up front :sly:

What's the schedule for you know then? Any chance for you in making it to Silverstone?

I don't race anymore mate, had to stop because it got way too expense (120,000 euro for 1year :nervous: )

South Africa is one of the countries that don't qualify, so I won't be going anywhere ;)

I'm going snowboarding for a week during the period the finals are held, so I miss the only two weekends within that period. I have to hope I can play at home and qualify then, but I'd rather have a head-to-head fight..
Thanks for the kind words though :)

I think you need to re-schedule that snowboarding trip!

I don't race anymore mate, had to stop because it got way too expense (120,000 euro for 1year :nervous: )

South Africa is one of the countries that don't qualify, so I won't be going anywhere ;)

I think you need to re-schedule that snowboarding trip!

That's a pity. On the plus side, I would still have a chance now IF I'd make it to Silverstone :dopey:

Only I won't be re-scheduling that trip. It's just too much fun to skip for something I'm not even sure of qualifying for...

Hehe I also was looking to find you're ID :dopey: nice to meet you P15... I'm P13 (pixr) đź‘Ť Hope you can make the finals :sly:

Thanks! I would love to be able to attend only to meet other people, but we'll see.. Well done on qualifying đź‘Ť

Wow, what a competition!

Ended up missing the UK top 20 (finished 23rd) by around 0.05, but thoroughly enjoyed it for the most part - though there were a few times when I was slightly frustrated by not being able to improve!

In the end I'm still proud of my times... Never thought I'd get in to the 23's, but ended up quite comfortable.

Congrats to everyone that qualified... Particularly those in the 22's... Amazing!

I suppose I might still get to compete in the finals through people dropping out or not being able to attend, but if I don't, I'll still be there as a spectator to meet some of my GTP buddies (day's holiday is already booked).

Bring on the full game!

Congrats for your qualification Maz, you deserved it. đź‘Ť

Thank you Ramon, everyone deserved it considering how much they put themselves into it. Your times were sensational Ramon, get to Silverstone :)

All the best
Maz

I tried my best to squeeze into the US top 20 yesterday, and just missed it, by 0.052. :ouch:

Of course, top 20 does not count for anything in the US, but I set it as a secondary goal (My initial goal, which I achieved, was to get into the 24's on my total :) )

My final times, as I will not be home to run again before the US deadline at 4:59 pm Pacific -

Normal - 1'48.496 - 23rd Position in the US
Tuned - 1'36.363 - 18th Position in the US
Total - 3'24.859 - 21st Position in the US

I show as 673rd on the Global Board that Zabeu is maintaining.

Still a few hours left to go, but congrats to GTP_CarlPKY and GTP_timeattack for the top 2 spots in the US. Who knows who will finish 1st. ;)

Also congrats to GTP_FASJ6418, GTP_drama-kyd, GTP_billyjoebobx, and GTP_Superwally for stunning top 20 times. đź‘Ť

:cheers:
Kevin

Top 250 in the U.S. for me with a controller. This competition has showed me what level I am at compared to others across the globe and that I should probably buy a wheel.

1:47.962 - 1:35.937 - 3:23.899

Close, but no cigar :(

Mate, make sure to register in case any drop out. Excellent times you ran and a credit to the Uk that such a competitive overall 3'23 wasn't in the 20. đź‘Ť

EDK
I tried my best to squeeze into the US top 20 yesterday, and just missed it, by 0.052. :ouch:

Kevin

You did incredibly well, if you always had this much time for all WRS and events you'd be equally as high up. One of the true mega performances of this TT :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Normal - 1'48.581
Tuned - 1'36.395
Total - 3'24.976

1st Position in the Czech Rep., 20th in "PAL outsiders" region (I don't count LucasOrdonez and two guys from US and Japan, they aren't certainly from PAL region) and 748th on Global leaderboard.

Not so bad, considering my driving style :crazy:, but not as good as I wanted (first 500th) :ouch:

p.s.

Hi kartno38, I spent lot of time chasing your ghosts, thanks for providing these top times in our region đź‘Ť

Mate, make sure to register in case any drop out. Excellent times you ran and a credit to the Uk that such a competitive overall 3'23 wasn't in the 20. đź‘Ť
I have, and I have my fingers crossed, but the top 20 really deserve it, so I hope they all take up their spots as, to be fair, I don't think I have enough time at the wheel of prologue to have a chance in the finals. I've only been back on GT5 since the 10th-ish Jan so only had 14 days to post a time and relearn the game.

Well done to all who made it, if they run it again next year I WILL make to 20 :)

I have, and I have my fingers crossed, but the top 20 really deserve it, so I hope they all take up their spots as, to be fair, I don't think I have enough time at the wheel of prologue to have a chance in the finals. I've only been back on GT5 since the 10th-ish Jan so only had 14 days to post a time and relearn the game.

Well done to all who made it, if they run it again next year I WILL make to 20 :)

Prologue may not have helped as much as you think, the demo was vastly different for me. Much more difficult and had its own very unique tricks and tactics to suck time from the cars and keep them pointing the right way. I spent 18 months solid on GT5P and while it made me comfortable at my wheel, the physics didn't stand me in any better stead than anyone else.

For the time you spent at the demo I'd argue you are more deserving on pace than I đź‘Ť

All the best
Maz

Prologue may not have helped as much as you think, the demo was vastly different for me. Much more difficult and had its own very unique tricks and tactics to suck time from the cars and keep them pointing the right way. I spent 18 months solid on GT5P and while it made me comfortable at my wheel, the physics didn't stand me in any better stead than anyone else.

For the time you spent at the demo I'd argue you are more deserving on pace than I đź‘Ť

All the best
Maz

I thought it felt different LOL Thanks for the complement :) though I must say, I did feel I had loads more time to get, I just ran out of time to string a lap together. Judging by my splits I should have gone a lot faster, but c'est la vie. Well done on qualifying though, I know how hard it was to try and find that extra tenth. I guess I'll have to hope and pray they run it again next year.

I'm not sure why I'm disappointed in myself, being on the cusp of top 200 worlwide isn't really anything to be sniffed at, but somehow I feel like I didn't deliver my best times when it mattered, maybe that means I don't deserve to qualify based on my lack of ability to cope with the pressure of being that precise, it all depends how you look at it.

I can't wait until the full game comes out, but for now Prologue will have to do :) I'll be trying to track down and race with everyone who beat me this year so I know I have people who can push me to go faster. If anyone fancies adding me on the network, feel free :)

Maz you know almost all members by the real name.. :bowdown: strong post ;)

My name is Sascha.
hmm.gif

:D ;)

And good posting Maz. đź‘Ť This was for me the most interesting challenge ever. :bowdown: The whole world was racing one (pointless ?? :dopey:) event, never saw that before. đź‘Ť :bowdown: If that was not like a World Cup for Gran Turismo, what then?

My final times are...

f2t1p102n1.jpg

Missed the Top 100. :drool: For Germany it was good enough for place 8th. :)

So, hope to see you all next again, online, hotlaping or what ever. đź‘Ť

And good luck to all who can join the National Finals. :)

If that was not like a World Cup for Gran Turismo, what then?

I most definitely saw this as the GT World Cup. It was epic to compare times to all the best GT drivers around the world.

IMO Polyphony should have something like this every year. đź‘Ť

I'm not sure why I'm disappointed in myself, being on the cusp of top 200 worlwide isn't really anything to be sniffed at, but somehow I feel like I didn't deliver my best times when it mattered, maybe that means I don't deserve to qualify based on my lack of ability to cope with the pressure of being that precise, it all depends how you look at it.

I can't wait until the full game comes out, but for now Prologue will have to do :) I'll be trying to track down and race with everyone who beat me this year so I know I have people who can push me to go faster. If anyone fancies adding me on the network, feel free :)

You have no need to be disappointed, great last ditch performance, it took me all 5 weeks to really narrow down my times, I was even discovering things on my final laps. Always a slow learner me.

Make sure you join the GTP registry and check the race events thread, you'll find us all there đź‘Ť

My name is Sascha.

I know your name, but you're "Rudi".

UND LASER.

That is all :lol:

All the best
Maz

Hi all. Didnt think too much of this competition when I saw how slow my times were in the beginning of the session compared to the Japanese and Euro drivers. I decided to have a go at it today after a couple of meager tries a few weeks before and ended up 2nd in Canada:

HTrio Stock 1'48.092 Tuned 1'35.968 Total 3'24.060

Had the hardest time with the Stock car. I was under .124s in the first sector (from the 1:48.09 time) and one point with an easy .2 to take from the other sectors, just couldn't manage to hold that lap together. Raced till the end ofcourse. I really wanted that overall time to go into the 23s but it was not to be with such short time. Spent about 6hrs today doing those times.

Hi all. Didnt think too much of this competition when I saw how slow my times were in the beginning of the session compared to the Japanese and Euro drivers. I decided to have a go at it today after a couple of meager tries a few weeks before and ended up 2nd in Canada:

HTrio Stock 1'48.092 Tuned 1'35.968 Total 3'24.060

Had the hardest time with the Stock car. I was under .124s in the first sector and one point with an easy .2 to take from the other sectors, just couldn't manage to hold that lap together. Raced till the end ofcourse.

Christ..... cracking times for a couple of hours work:scared: I dropped more than 40hrs in total (both cars) and was 0.024 slower overall. Thanks for making me feel very mediocre. :grumpy:

I finished with a 3'25.8xx. I'm pleased with this as I didn't spend near as much time as I would have needed. I don't think I could have gone below 25's anyway.

Congrats to everyone who took part, incredible turn out and times đź‘Ť

Christ..... cracking times for a couple of hours work:scared:

He must be French Canadian :)

He must be French Canadian :)

Nope, I'm from Ontario came to Canada when I was 11 from Romania. I don't know if I could have touched on Gc_under's times, they were pretty inch perfect. In hindsight I regret not putting a bit more effort in this.

Oh and those 6hrs where some serious trial and tribulations my friends, wasn't all fun all the time lol.

It's kinda funny going back on now with minimal pressure. I spent the last 2 sessions before deadline (last Friday night & Saturday morning) running for a combined 2hr 15mins trying to snip some time off my Normal lap @ 1'48.112....

Just jumped on then after not being on since last Saturday morning and ran a 1'48.019 after 40mins:dunce:

Ironically that would have got me into the 3'23's which was a major aspiration of mine. Oh well.

Shows in lights my inability to deal with deadlines and pressure!

Attachments

• IMG00068-20100126-1308.jpg
    IMG00068-20100126-1308.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 36
Confused the deadline tonight for the american time trial. Didn't had a chance to match my french training tuned lap of 35'7, so ended up with the following times:

3'23'698

1'35'863
1'47'835

5th in america, 130th in the world.

I'm happy about the result, didn't quite get where i wanted but it was good. I still feel that i will keep playing in the japanese version to pursuit a better time, since i won't be taking part on any second round.

Congrats to the fellow GTP'ers going to the national finals, and to the american players that played basically for nothing (outside of the winner).

Sorry i couldn't improve in the last day to make it a GTP 1-2-3 punch in the standings.

Confused the deadline tonight for the american time trial. Didn't had a chance to match my french training tuned lap of 35'7, so ended up with the following times:

3'23'698

1'35'863
1'47'835

5th in america, 130th in the world.

I'm happy about the result, didn't quite get where i wanted but it was good. I still feel that i will keep playing in the japanese version to pursuit a better time, since i won't be taking part on any second round.

Congrats to the fellow GTP'ers going to the national finals, and to the american players that played basically for nothing (outside of the winner).

Sorry i couldn't improve in the last day to make it a GTP 1-2-3 punch in the standings.

Great performance Francisco! :cheers:

And yea, I WISH the deadline wasn't tonight for the U.S. :dopey: :lol:

Back