GTP Members, post your time lap times!

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 1,601 comments
I had a pipe dream to get close to the top 3 but it looks like CarlP and Timeattack were untouchable for me. Per Jeremy Clarkson.. cue (my) Racing Driver excuses...

Normal Car 1:48.409 18th
Tuned Car 1:36.383 21st
Total 3:24.792 19th in the U.S.A. In the world??

I think I had a top 10 in me but I really don't know if I could have touched the top 5. I was trying so hard in the Tuned Car that I didn't even try to Normal car for the last week.

Can't remember my final times off hand, but finished 32nd overall in the USA using the Sixaxis controller. I tried to improve my times with the DFGT but couldn't get the hang of it. So, do I get like a gold controller or something. :lol:

I could have sworn I saw your name higher up the leaderboard..? Could have sworn I went up against your ghost a couple times. Heck yeah, go get yourself some special stickers and a cookie, you deserve it!

Well that was fun. I set a decent time in both cars back in december... and then my house had no internet for over two weeks ... and I slowly went insane... and I found strange things called 'movies' and 'my girlfriend'... and then the interweb thingy done got fixed... and my G25 proceeded to give me blisters over the last several days. And my back hurts. But I found some time in the Tuned finally on the last night, though I never really came to grip with T3. My first two sectors were good at T1 24.961 and T2 48.235 but then T3 was 1'07.460. Oh well, I didn't improve the Normal neither. I ended up 10th in the USA, 3 hundred somethingth in the world. I settled on FFB 6 sim. Great work everyone, I know a lot of blood sweat and tears went into those laps. I can't wait to see how the Nationals unfold. To our GTP brethren I say Godspeed!

Normal: 1'48.356
Tuned: 1'35.988

Total: 3'24.344

btw I am sooo tired of time trails and am really looking forward to some on line racing with y'all. 👍

Last edited:
billyjoebob, I was gunning for you in the last 30 minutes yesterday. You were definitely good in turn 3 and 4 and I couldn't quite fetch you. Nice job.

billyjoebob, I was gunning for you in the last 30 minutes yesterday. You were definitely good in turn 3 and 4 and I couldn't quite fetch you. Nice job.

Thank you sir. And hats off to you good sir for your excellent laps. It's too bad there isn't a Nationals here for us to meet up at. Hopefully one of these years they'll give us a shot at GT academy. I'll expect to see you there! :sly:

I could have sworn I saw your name higher up the leaderboard..? Could have sworn I went up against your ghost a couple times. Heck yeah, go get yourself some special stickers and a cookie, you deserve it!

Maybe you were looking at the individual leader board for the tuned car? Think I am around 22nd or 24th on that one.

Great performance Francisco! :cheers:

And yea, I WISH the deadline wasn't tonight for the U.S. :dopey: :lol:

Thanks TA!

Add me to the group of people that feek like you and Carl should both get the prize to go to Indy.👍

Anyway, i was feeling confident for the last day because on sunday i had a sudden improvement with the tuned car testing in a french account with Ti-tech's replay (had 35'7).

I had all planned for a 2 hour last minute session, but then when i saw the massage of "event finished", i just started laughing...

Anyway, hopefully american countries will get a better prize/contest the next time. (Note to PD staff: Orlando is only my home away from home, so i will need south america to be remembered in the next contest).

I spent the first half of the competition working on the stock car and got that down to 1:48.049 then I concentrated on the Tuned and gradually got down to a 1:35.9XX on the Sunday before competition end, after that last improvment I took about an hour break then came back and some how knocked a massive .2 off my tuned time to end on 1:35.701, It felt so easy when I came back to it I was using my own ghost and I just felt I knew precisley where to push and I seemed to nail every corner, I think it was a lucky lap...

Stock: 1:48.049 14th
Tuned: 1:35.701 3rd
Total: 3:23.750 8th in Aus

I spent the first half of the competition working on the stock car and got that down to 1:48.049 then I concentrated on the Tuned and gradually got down to a 1:35.9XX on the Sunday before competition end, after that last improvment I took about an hour break then came back and some how knocked a massive .2 off my tuned time to end on 1:35.701, It felt so easy when I came back to it I was using my own ghost and I just felt I knew precisley where to push and I seemed to nail every corner, I think it was a lucky lap...

Stock: 1:48.049 14th
Tuned: 1:35.701 3rd
Total: 3:23.750 8th in Aus

That tuned time is immense.......... the magic laps do happen, you can go round and round for hour after hour, day after day with nothing, and then a short stint and bingo.

I think your selling yourself short though mate, even without that .2 you were still sub 3'24...... which is right up with the top tier guys.

And here i was thinking i might place near you in the rankings.....:dunce:

I'll post my times even thought in the great scheme of things they're pretty average. I only got into the TT following discussions from blokes at work at the beginning of Jan, but being an old GPL racer, I thought I'd give it a go.

I finished 387 UK using the pad.
1:49.865 normal
1:37.689 tuned

Will consider a wheel now because I'm learning from the posts on here how much difference they can make.

Back