GTP NASCAR Euro Racecar Series

• Thread starter Knelly
  • 250 comments
Spa tonight gents. Room will be open at 11:00 BST with quali for the Sprint race 45 minutes later. Race will start at the witching hour.

Both races will be pace lap and rolling start and 5 laps, followed by a 10 lap race of the same format, with reverse grid for position.

Hope to see you there. :)

Spa tonight gents. Room will be open at 11:00 BST with quali for the Sprint race 45 minutes later. Race will start at the witching hour.

Both races will be pace lap and rolling start and 5 laps, followed by a 10 lap race of the same format, with reverse grid for position.

Hope to see you there. :)
:scared:

neljack
What time is the race in the UK? Problem is, I dont have that car :(

Room open just under 2 hours, race just under 3 at 00:00.

If you don't then it's fine to use a Viper Oreca or the Corvette CR5, just to get numbers up. Kartman did it the other week.

I feel a bit guilty going in a different car though :indiff:. Anyone have a spare? :embarrassed:

What regs should I pu the Viper too if thats what I have to run? 👍

They aren't tradeable, just try to shuffle through your UCD. You might get lucky and there is still a lot of time.

They can't be traded unfortunately. It's fine though mate, with the same specs they were competitive the other week around Nurb GP/D. I understand that it's difficult for everyone to get the car due to it's unavailability.

They can't be traded unfortunately. It's fine though mate, with the same specs they were competitive the other week around Nurb GP/D. I understand that it's difficult for everyone to get the car due to it's unavailability.

Ok Knelly :)

Nah it pi$$es me off I saw it the other week but didnt buy it because I was like "nah, not gonna need it, no point buying it......." :lol:

Just realised the 4 gear rule to :scared:

Does that mean A) Im gonna have to use manual and B) Can anyone give me a decent gearing setup if thats what helps? :embarrassed:, please :)

I'll be honest, I have just put my gearing all the way to the right, and that seems to cope with just four gears. Room will be open in ten or so, so there will be time to practice before quali for Race 1 at 11:45.

That is Manual as well btw, presume it would work in auto if pushed all the way to the right in Tranny.

Will be on around half past 👍

Nope, gets into 5th gear easily still on automatic, looks like Im gonna have to learn Manual ASAP :lol:

Edit: Whats your top speed at? :embarrassed:

It was, thanks for the turnout. Had a great race with Niop and Matty in the first one but Sian early in the second on the final corner to land in a massive grass patch and didn't see another car for the entire race.

Sounds like there were some excellent group battles up ahead though.

Results up as soon as watched replays but good wins to Neljack and Joe. It's close I think between RPH and Matty for second behind Joe.

These specs really bring close racing 👍

Results from Round 3 at Spa

5 Lap Sprint
1st Neljack 46 pts (plus 2 for Lap Led and Most Laps)
2nd Joe 42 pts (plus 1 for Lap Led)
3rd RPH 41 pts
4th Knelly 40 pts
5th Matty 39 pts
6th Niop 38 pts

10 Lap Endurance
1st Joe 46 pts (plus 2 for Lap Led and Most Laps)
2nd Matty 42 pts
3rd Niop 41 pts (plus 1 for Lap Led)
4th Neljack 40 pts
5th RPH 39 pts
6th Knelly 38 pts

Some excellent racing again this week, and again Joe ran away with it. Neljack would be first to agree that his Viper had a little too much HP around this track, and became much more competitive dropping it down for the second race.

If you can try and get the Camaro mate for this Friday, that would be awesome. I have a L21 ticket if you want it 👍

Great to see a better turnout this week, and everyone seemed to enjoy the close racing had, even if some were on a controller that normally aren't :sly: Yes, I noticed :lol:

Tours Speedway next week, a one third left turning oval. As there is no pits, each race will have a different compound to use, to stretch it as far as we can with each compound. Should make for some great racing 👍

Attachments

• Euro Table.pdf
    77.7 KB · Views: 15
I have been really interested in this series, hows it all going? Could I make a few suggestions if I may?

Why not use the Cheverlot Camaro with racing modification? I think it would work perfeclty with Euro Race car also it's easily obtainable, thus giving me chance to join and everyones on a level playing field. Also it looks the part, especially when you can add stock car tyres on, it actually looks like a euro race car more than any other vehicle (Just have a look and you will see what I mean)

You could also have the Challenger SRT8 TC in there too, except it ways 60kg more. Yet again it looks the part and looks similar to the camaro RM along with racing tyres.

Also I have a track that's similar to brands hatch if that's of any value to you? It's not perfect, but it's the closest replica I could make (Spent hours trying)

I just want to see this really set off, I have tried doing this kind of series before but unsuccesfuly may I add.

Last edited:
I believe Knelly was just trying to create an 'origional' series, because the '10 Camaro is used everywhere. Honestly, those that already have the LM Camaro seem to have several of them which lead us to believe that it was a much easier car to obtain... but I guess it isn't.

Those of you that are still looking for it, are you "duping" the Level 21 ticket to get it? I realize there are a lot of cars behind that ticket, but it's got to come up at some point. To speed things up, we could send you several 21 tickets. Then you could open 2 or 3 at a time, reset, try again.

Last edited:
I completely forgot about this series with work and school raising its ugly head again. If someone could forward me a ticket it would be much appreciated as I have very little free time between now and Friday night to try and find the car. I haven't even got round to trying Joes track.

Quote from a PM to my by RPH

'I'm loving that little oval track!
I wish we could get more people for this race, can you imagine like 14 cars here '

Let's make it happen guys, should be great fun if we get a large field.

About to update OP etc

EDIT : If anyone needs a ticket to try and find the car, let me know. I have one 👍

EDIT : Joe, can you check the OP please mate and let me know if the tyre / lap combo's are right, as it was you who tested these. Thanks 👍

Last edited:
Joe's oval right? I'll try and drop in if I'm around, got the car already.

Back