GTP plays and talks ProStreet

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 300 comments
I bought the F1 and Veyron DLCs, and to be honest they killed the fun for me. It doesn't help that DLC cars cost $0 so you could buy as many as you wanted without consequence, but they sucked the fun out of the game incredibly quick.

I bought the F1 and Veyron DLCs, and to be honest they killed the fun for me. It doesn't help that DLC cars cost $0 so you could buy as many as you wanted without consequence, but they sucked the fun out of the game incredibly quick.
The Collectors Edition DLC was pretty good, the cars were not free with that at all, it was day one DLC if I remember correctly if you pre-ordered the game back then. That is the only DLC that doesn't suck the fun out of Pro Street, now if the Veyron and the F1 had around 1.7 to 1.0 million dollars of grinding then it would be more rewarding to use those cars in career mode.

I'd say it's probably the worst IMO. Undercover had a fantastic soundtrack, especially with the stuff in the garage.
To me the racing soundtrack is better in Pro Street, and it feels like your in a track day event all around the world. Undercover's OST garage music is probably better yes, but not GT good in my opinion. Even the prototype Undercover did not have good music in it, and not in the release. I could only stand about 3 of the music tracks, plus the chase music was like Most Wanted's. The physics are both equally bad, but Pro Street has more manageable physics since you can tune out that understeer easy. But, Undercover was going to be called The Chase, which was different in many cases. I just don't like Undercover even after beating the game, cop drama is really not my thing. I prefer Most Wanted's and Carbon's story arks better.

I'd say it's probably the worst IMO. Undercover had a fantastic soundtrack, especially with the stuff in the garage.
Like @JakeMR2 says, UC's OST was miles better than PS' but I think prostreet had one of the best licenced soundtracks in the whole NFS series.

It's a tie for me since both soundtracks are good but aim at different ambiances. Undercover is more urban and "THUGLIFE" with all that rap while Pro Street is more crazy and "TRACKDAYBRO!"...if those descriptions make any sense to anyone but me.

I bought UC on Steam's winter sale because I remember it being great fun and holy hell I was disappointed! I didn't remember the handling to be so crappy or the graphics to be that bad. On the other hand, I've played PS like five times since I first played it on PS2 back in the day. It's a flawed game but quite fun sometimes!

By the way, how are you guys buying/getting the DLC? Last time I played PS I did see the AI driving a Honda NSX but I haven't been able to get either that or a McLaren F1. I'd definitely play it all over again to get those cars! :D

Soundtracks? It's hard for me to say which NFS has the better soundtrack. At first I thought Most Wanted '05 had the best soundtrack but then came Prostreet and then Hot Pursuit 2010 came and also Shift 2 Unleashed.

I loved Prostreet's soundtrack. Avenged Sevenfold, UNCLE, Ladytron, TV on the Radio.... are you kidding me? Those are some of my favorite NFS tracks of all time.

Undercover's garage music was the best garage music for chilling while you customize a car ever. But that game was soooooo horrible. Anyone who complains about the bugs/handling/physics in the new NFS has clearly forgotten how abysmal Undercover was. I never even finished half of the game.

I loved Prostreet's soundtrack. Avenged Sevenfold, UNCLE, Ladytron, TV on the Radio.... are you kidding me? Those are some of my favorite NFS tracks of all time.

Undercover's garage music was the best garage music for chilling while you customize a car ever. But that game was soooooo horrible. Anyone who complains about the bugs/handling/physics in the new NFS has clearly forgotten how abysmal Undercover was. I never even finished half of the game.

Exactly, and that's what I wanted to point out with my original post.

Exactly, and that's what I wanted to point out with my original post.

Totally. I spend more hours in the garage than I do racing because I like making custom wraps so much. So even the Prostreet soundtrack got old after 3 hours of garage-only. So what I used to do is pull up the Undercover soundtrack (I had the whole thing downloaded and playable within Windows Media Player) and run that while I played Prostreet.

Totally. I spend more hours in the garage than I do racing because I like making custom wraps so much. So even the Prostreet soundtrack got old after 3 hours of garage-only. So what I used to do is pull up the Undercover soundtrack (I had the whole thing downloaded and playable within Windows Media Player) and run that while I played Prostreet.
The exact same I do in UC. Listening to the garage music while modifying cars. My favorite is Momma Sed (Tandimonium Mix) by Puscifer.

^^^ Yeah I like that one too. I like all the Puscifer songs, Circlesquare songs, Nine Inch Nails,... Seems like the Undercover soundtrack had a completely different vibe than the rest of the NFS's.

I've never disliked any of the NFS soundtracks, but now that I think about it, the newest game has the weakest ST of any of the games in the last ten years. I'd probably rate Undercover #1, Prostreet a close #2, and the rest are all pretty equal in 3rd place.

The exact same I do in UC. Listening to the garage music while modifying cars. My favorite is Momma Sed (Tandimonium Mix) by Puscifer.

Goddamn this song is bonkers, I knew it back then.

Then again, remixed Puscifer has always been fantastic, this one being from their recent album.

Oh and how can we forget Asian Dub Foundation's Burning Fence?

^^^ Yeah I like that one too. I like all the Puscifer songs, Circlesquare songs, Nine Inch Nails,... Seems like the Undercover soundtrack had a completely different vibe than the rest of the NFS's.

I've never disliked any of the NFS soundtracks, but now that I think about it, the newest game has the weakest ST of any of the games in the last ten years. I'd probably rate Undercover #1, Prostreet a close #2, and the rest are all pretty equal in 3rd place.
I do have to agree. Even though they were able to add the mainstream songs (EDM, etc.), it feels like its not the same as the other NFS soundtracks. I'm glad NFS2015 had Night Riders otherwise I wouldn't discovered Major Lazer if it weren't for Night Riders. Same thing goes to Aerochord.

Whenever I listen to a NFS soundtrack, I always expect that I'm going listen to this band's other songs and that's the case for X Ambassadors. The first song I heard from them is Shining from NFS Rivals (same game that introduced me to Bastille) then I started searching them in YT and 🤬 their music is gold.

The Pursuit Music in NFS Undercover is also amazing, hard to choose between it and the MW/Carbon pursuit music

It was also re-used for NFS World.

I remember back in a day playing it a lot on my PS2. I actually completed it. But it wasn't fair at all. I would often go the opposite way and wreck my opponents. If I did it right I would get away with heavy damage and they would end up totalled. Then I would just complete the race like nothing happened. I'm still surprised that despite being rather dumb at the time (back in the day I would play racing games just to drive around or destroy cars for fun, which is why I've missed damage model from PC and next gen consoles, stupid me circa 2008, being a kid I guess) I've invented such a sneaky technique. In speed races (I think that's what they were called) opponents would even often total themselves.

Back to soundtracks once more (sorry), I'm surprised no one mentions Porsche Unleashed having the best soundtrack during the PS1 era NFS.

Been playing through Undercover lately and found that the racing soundtrack is much better than I remembered it being. Not on the same level as other Black Box NFS' but still pretty good. Radio chatter is great, nearly as good as MW's. Cop cars are WAY heavier than in previous games though. Takes ramming one at full speed in the side with speed breaker to even have a chance to roll one over, unless it's a roadblock. I also really like the live action cutscenes, acting in them looks to be pretty good and I quite like the plot, and the game is very well presented overall.

I'm also very suprised my PC can run it. It just about run Most Wanted 05 on medium so being able to run undercover, even on low settings, is incredible. Although it does drop to 20 at certain points of the map. Might pick up Pro Street on PC as well since it'll probably run slightly better due to not being open world.

Handling is the weakest point in the game, very twitchy at high speeds, especially on the highway, which makes the Highway Battles harder than they need to be but at lower speeds it's very managable. The racing AI have also gotten on my nerves constantly. Tried doing one of the master sprint races and nearly everytime I end up getting spun by an AI. One thing I do love about the handling is that some advanced driving maneuvers are really easy to pull of, such as J-Turns and 180's.

Customization is really good, although bodykit options are very limited with just 1 unique bodykit for each car, and it has an amazing vinyl editor that lets you make some really complex designs. Huge car variety (everything from a Renault Megane to Bugatti Veyron) and every car feels great to drive, as long as you're below 160 MPH.

One feature I also really like is that the cops get better as you progress, so when you get a new car you don't have to deal with the incredibly dumb civic cruisers in a fully upgraded Gallardo, by the end of the game every pursuit is pitting you against GT-R's and 911 Turbo's.

Progression could also be improved. Generally you get new missions by levelling up but the game never gives you a clear indication of how far away you are from the next mission so it's just a matter of continually running races until you trigger a cutscene or SMS call.

6.5/10 - Probably my least favourite of all the Blackbox games but it's by no means a bad game, although there are several improvements that could've been made

I was thinking about giving this heap another go, but considering how fast this thread got derailed and then completely abandoned, I'm not so sure.

I was thinking about giving this heap another go, but considering how fast this thread got derailed and then completely abandoned, I'm not so sure.

"Heap?" Are you talking about Prostreet now or Undercover? How can anyone call Prostreet a heap? It's still my favorite in the series ;)

Well, a while ago I beat the whole game (with the DLC races, as well). And I have to say the 911 Grip Runner is very unfair. I tuned my WRX to out beat it by a fair margin, but man was that guy kicking my a**, and drove me insane.

Imagine if this game was released around the time The Run was released instead. I dunno why but I feel the aesthetic of the game would fit in perfectly with the early 2010 car culture.

My girlfriend bought me Pro Street a couple of days ago.

Not played it in about 3 years now? Still looks good in 2018, and I can still have great fun on it. :)

Split screen speed runs where you take each others cars out are amazing. You cant total them so you end up with cars with no panels XD

I'm currently at 86% completion, propably will complete the game today. It's pretty nostalgic, remember playing it as a kid on PS2. (I talked about it few posts back) The game has cool soundtrack, not every song is my type but there are some that I like (Wolf Like Me is propably my favourite). The game gives me some strong 2008ish nostalgia vibes. The car list is decent, no Ferrari but back then very few games had them. The visual damage model is still good, I used to be crazy about it. Propably the only game where I seen car mirrors hanging after a crash. Speed Races are still as intense as ever, Speed King can't drive (always totals his car) but when I got that GTO it turned out to be a boat on wheels, driving this thing on those bumpy roads is a deathwish lol. It's a decent game, especially with the nostalgia.

Last edited:
Back