GTP plays and talks ProStreet

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 300 comments
I played ProStreet for a good amount of time on the 360. The R34 as a Grip car is sadly a bad idea. I'd advise the Evo X or a Ford GT (but the cost to rebuild a car or purchase a new one will be high).

Speed class is difficult as the cars are very sketchy on a good day. I use a Murcielago for Nevada but again, it's expensive.

Quick question: what vehicles do you have in your garage currently?
I didn't recall speed challenges being this bad, but up to two weeks before I started this I'd never run one on a higher difficulty.

Current Garage: 240SX & Supra for Grip, 350Z Drifter, GTO 'Whaargarble' Drag car, and R34 for high speed lawn darts.

Have you tried switching the 240 to drift and the 350 to grip? That might help on the grip aspect of the game.

Next location please. I'd like to go elite hunting if we could.

EDIT: also anything with a stock body kit is getting the stock autosculpt kit. May as well.

Last edited:
React- Tokyo Dockyard II results (Supra, Z, GTO, 240):
1/4-mile Drag: 1st (7.38/10.64) Record Smashed
Course A Drift: 1st (2,818 points)
Course B Drift: (3,032 points)
2 lap Kyobashi Attack Grip: 1st (2:14.06/2:54.49) Record <Supra>
3 lap R4 Offramp Grip Class: 1st (2:12.53/2:52.97) Record <Supra>
3 lap Ginza Go Time Attack: 1st (49.25/1:14.60) Record Smashed <Supra>

Bonus Cards: Cash & Stage 1 Drivertrain (240)

COURSE A IS THE ONE RYO GETS 5K ON! If I'm gonna do it, I need help. The Supra simply refuses to turn with any urgency, but it's still better than the R34. Making the suspension rock hard did a bit, but it still trends to understeer and the only reason it won was because I could control it just enough to let it run full song. Also, the offramp is another Ryo head-wall event.

Game Crash #1. I thought I'd dealt with that.

New event Open: React- Autobahnring II (2 Grip, 1 Drag, 3 Speed)

Have you considered changing your Drift car? I mean the Z is ok but have you ever try using other drift cars? I think you have a lot of cash to replace your Z.

Have you considered changing your Drift car? I mean the Z is ok but have you ever try using other drift cars? I think you have a lot of cash to replace your Z.
I've only ever really used the GTO before this, but I do recall a React Challenge Day with a drift Supra that was very nice. I just can't say that it's the car rather than me.

React- Autobahnring II results:
1/4 mile Drag: 1st (7.41/11.71) Record Smashed
A-54 Express Grip: 1st (2:11.23/2:59.46) Record
Autobahn GP Shootout:
Autobahnring A Speed Run: 1st (1:03.09/1:45.36) Record Smashed
Autobahnring B Speed Run: 1st (1:27.83/2:14.59) Record Smashed
Autobahnring C Challenge:

Bonus Cards: Stage 2 Suspension (GTO) & Repair Marker

I've had it with the Supra. I'll swap with the Z and see if that does anything.

Try any of the Mondello Parks events. If there's any that you can test both Supra and Z at their new spots would be better.

React- Mondello Park III Results:
1/4 mile Drag: 1st (7.09/10.59) Record Smashed
Course C Drift: 1st (5588 points) Record
3-lap Short Circuit A Grip: 1st (2:42.99/3:17.03) <240> [2nd in Z]
2-lap GP Circuit Grip Class: 1st (3:24.56/3:54.56) <Z>
3-lap Club Circuit Shootout: 1st (4475 points) Record <Z>
3-lap Short Circuit B Time Attack: 1st (41.89/55.36) Record [3rd in Z with a 44.23]

Bonus Cards: Stage 2 Tires (240) & Stage 2 Nitrous (Z)

Supra is a better drift car, but the Z is only a sliver better. It doesn't wash out as severely as the Supra or R34, but in accelerating out of slow corners it wants to chase it's tail worse than the Supra did. I can manage some of it, but at times it wants to spin the wrong way in quick turns, or refuses to right at all and oversteers into the wall.

Try getting a Elise for Grip then. 410hp at 800something kilos is great... I didn't have any problems with it back when I finished the game so I don't think you would have too.

Try getting a Elise for Grip then. 410hp at 800something kilos is great... I didn't have any problems with it back when I finished the game so I don't think you would have too.
OK. What upgrades so we can be done with this.

I will not be doing this type of playthrough again.

OK. This has not worked. There's obviously no real interest in this, so if you have an order go ahead, but I'm going on automatic to finish this playthrough this weekend. I'm going to test the new Elise at the last React event, then clear out SP, all the Elites, then the last showdown and Ryo.

I'm also gonna change the reporting. Starting with the next post I will give a brief overview of the event and will edit until interrupted.

React- Mondello Park II result: Elise is a definite improvement over all but the 240, needs some tuning. Dominated.

--RTS Dominated--

SP- Infineon II result: Supra is dialing in. GTO is a monster. Elise is still more tail happy than I'd like, and the gearing seems off. Free car marker..... GO 🤬 YOURSELF GAME!

SP- Texas result: Long drift tracks suck, improvised layouts suck, this one just blows. As does the drag strip. I'm calling this: gear tuning does NOTHING. The elise is still getting straight beat though.

SP- Tokyo result: BULL**** GAME! YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE RULES FOR ONE ******* EVENT!

**** what I said, I'm soooo done with this ******* game.

Showdown Autobahn- How can I score almost 6k on a shorter course with a less aggressive run than a barely 3k run on the other course, game? HUH!?

Last edited:
React- Mondello Park II result: Elise is a definite improvement over all but the 240, needs some tuning. Dominated.

--RTS Dominated--

SP- Infineon II result: Supra is dialing in. GTO is a monster. Elise is still more tail happy than I'd like, and the gearing seems off. Free car marker..... GO 🤬 YOURSELF GAME!

SP- Texas result: Long drift tracks suck, improvised layouts suck, this one just blows. As does the drag strip. I'm calling this: gear tuning does NOTHING. The elise is still getting straight beat though.

SP- Tokyo result: BULL**** GAME! YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE RULES FOR ONE ******* EVENT!

**** what I said, I'm soooo done with this ******* game.

Showdown Autobahn- How can I score almost 6k on a shorter course with a less aggressive run than a barely 3k run on the other course, game? HUH!?
Good. Now you have a free car marker, use it on a Zonda or Murcielago for you to even the odds against Ryo.

Good. Now you have a free car marker, use it on a Zonda or Murcielago for you to even the odds against Ryo.
I agree something fast and exotic
Mucie attained, fully upgraded.

SP- Portland Result: "AI" can go suck one. The Murcie is better than the Lotus, still needs tuning. Also apparently something has changed and now the GTO can't hold the nose up, the game now says it bounces.

Nitrocide- Autobahn result: Things got better once I remembered how to Speed again. The Elise could win here....WERE IT NOT FOR THIS BULL**** GEARING!

Nitrocide- Ebisu result: I hate Ebisu. I hate these physics. I HATE THIS ******* GAME!

Last edited:
Chevrolet Chevelle or Dodge Charger always made a good wheelie car for me if you are wanting a change. Also, I'd say go through the elites to find if a spare or new car might assist any struggling areas?

Chevrolet Chevelle or Dodge Charger always made a good wheelie car for me if you are wanting a change. Also, I'd say go through the elites to find if a spare or new car might assist any struggling areas?
The only struggle right now is not destroying this POS game. I just totaled five consecutive Speed Runs! Including one attempt at Ryo! I'm so over this game, I'm contemplating how to destroy it.

Calmed down.....a bit. Why is it NPCs can total a drag car and keep going while I can't, Black Box? However

RYO- Nevada: Victory. Dealt with the game's BS, but done. Now for the bit I've dreaded since I started.

baf8be1a1962a8df47aefafe8bf6d283.jpg

Time trial totaled the Lambo three times, but I got it finally. Drift Course A..... Ryo gets over 3000 regularly, I hover around 2500 or less.

I swapped the 240 to drift, but then realized I had to do the first race again.

I.....I think I'm ready to call this dead.

Latest Posts

Back