GTP plays and talks ProStreet

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 300 comments
How would you say the 240, GTO, and 350Z are doing for staying competitive, no concerns of needing upgrades soon? Also, selling the Cobalt now should be fine and maybe start upgrading the Supra some.

Now that I have some feel for the Z, It shouldn't be an issue. The 240 lacks blistering speed, but it is a strong car and plenty fast and competitive. The GTO...well...
jclarkson_ariel_face_peel.jpg

It's only issue is that it doesn't wheelie yet.

Now that I have some feel for the Z, It shouldn't be an issue. The 240 lacks blistering speed, but it is a strong car and plenty fast and competitive. The GTO...well...
jclarkson_ariel_face_peel.jpg

It's only issue is that it doesn't wheelie yet.

Suspension level 3 should take care of that. At least that's what made the Supra wheelie for me back in the day. :lol:

Agreed, most of the drag cars wheelie once stage 3 suspension is added, I would also suggest at least a stage 3 drivetrain to gain custom gears for better wheelie control.

For the Supra, I suggest stage 3 suspension and maybe engine also, then you can breeze through some of the speed events that are up next. Also, this might be a good event to hit next.
Ebisu (2 Grip, 2 Drift, 2 Speed)

Alright then, two orders of suspension 3, one Goat drive 3, one Super Motor 3, and a Dr. Pepper to be delivered to Ebisu. Would you like a fried pie with your order?

Yes I am an idiot.

If y'all want to scrap the Cobalt, confirm the call.

I'll play again tomorrow night, so SPD can get involved too, as well as anyone else who still wants to jump in or you guys want to recruit.

Since everyone here has played Prostreet, which is your favorite song in the game? Just wondering though. Mine would be More (Junk O Punk Remix) by Junkie XL.

Cobalt scrapped, GTO got a Stage 3 Drivetrain (Raxles) and Suspension (Eibach), Supra got a Stage 3 Engine
(HKS) and Suspension (Vogtland). On the way back to Ebisu. Cash on hand: $220,360

React- Ebisu results (240, Z, Supra): Dominated in 4
Fukushima A Speed Run- 1st (1:53.23/2:54.71) Record Broken
Fukushima B Challenge- 1st (1:54.88/2:49.75) Record Broken [6 AI TOTALED :lol:]
Course A Drift- 1st (3674 points) Record Broken
Course C Drift- 1st (3782 points) Record Broken
3 lap West Course Shootout- 1st (4279 points) Record Broken
3 lap South Course Grip Class- 1st (1:50.96/2:16.34) Record Broken

Bonus Cards: Stage 2 Forced Induction (240) & Cash

The Supra is a handful at times, but fast and fairly stable when I need it to be.

Noise Bomb is now open to us!

New Events available: React- Mondello Park III (4 Grip, 1 Drag, 1 Drift); NB- Ebisu (6 Drift)

6 AI totaled this early??

Reminds me of one time doing a Speed in Nitrocide - Nevada, where I was literally the only survivor in one run.

EDIT: Let's get some easy money. I suggest we go Noise Bomb.

Last edited:
The Supra is a handful at times, but fast and fairly stable when I need it to be.
Do you think any tuning might help this much? Also, suggestion, maybe take the GTO out for practice and see what tuning might help you get to a 1320 ft wheelie?

6 AI totaled this early??

Reminds me of one time doing a Speed in Nitrocide - Nevada, where I was literally the only survivor in one run.

EDIT: Let's get some easy money. I suggest we go Noise Bomb.
What's better is that all six ate it before the first bridge.

I remember something like that happening to me too. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that any Nitrocide event is ever free of at least one wrecker.

BACK to Ebisu? OK.

Do you think any tuning might help this much? Also, suggestion, maybe take the GTO out for practice and see what tuning might help you get to a 1320 ft wheelie?
I'll do some fiddling with both in time, a lot of it will be me adjusting to the car as much as adjusting it to me.

Ok, sounds like a plan, and how soon until we unlock the Elise? That sounds like a good replacement for the 240 from others experience and my minor research.

So, unless I forgot any installed parts, these are the parts that would be required to fully upgrade the cars to stage 3. @BKGlover do you think the 240 could take on the Grip King when fully modded?

GTO
Stage 3 engine, forced induction and tires

Supra
Stage 3 drivetrain, forced induction, brakes, tires and NOS

Stage 3 forced induction, brakes, tires and NOS

350Z
Everything stage 3

So, unless I forgot any installed parts, these are the parts that would be required to fully upgrade the cars to stage 3. @BKGlover do you think the 240 could take on the Grip King when fully modded?

GTO
Stage 3 engine, forced induction and tires

Supra
Stage 3 drivetrain, forced induction, brakes, tires and NOS

Stage 3 forced induction, brakes, tires and NOS

350Z
Everything stage 3

The 240 can't, pretty sure. It would suffer on the second stage on G-Effect already.

That's why I'm saying the Elise is the best choice for Grip hahaha

So, spend no money on the 240, plan on replacing it soon. Max out the GTO and fire through Rogue Speed for some quick cash, then upgrade the Z for some Noise Bomb. Is it the next main challenge weekend that the Elise would get unlocked?

Sound like a good plan?

I'm down for it.

Just wondering: what happens to the free R34?
That's a good point, would it be better to use it for the Grip replacement or a secondary drag/speed car? I haven't really used much of the cars when I played before.

Only upped the Z for this go, but we only need the Z. Also, if I can't drive these upgraded, I'll say as much.....as I revert any changes. Stage 3 Engine (Crower), Drivetrain (TCI), Forced Induction (HKS), Suspension (Intrax), Brakes (Baer), Tires (Kumho), Nitrous (ZEX). COH: $102,410

The Lotus IS available.

Despite better judgement, going to Ebisu now.

Who thinks we should buy the Elise now to replace the 240 or wait for the next prize car? I'm on the fence about it. Also, some drift cash is good, enjoy it out there. ;)

NB- Ebisu results: Dominated in 4
Course A Drift- 1st (4344 points) Record Broken
Course B Drift- 1st (7067 points) Record Broken
Course C Drift- 1st (5220 points) Record Broken
Course D Drift- 1st (8336 points) Record Broken
Course E Drift- 1st (4155 points) Record Broken
Course G Drift- 1st (7357 points) Record Broken

Bonus Cards: Cash & Cash

Do not let the scores deceive, a drifter I am not. Tried a bit of clueless tuning, wasn't awful. Also 🤬 Course G.

New Events Open: Noise Bomb- Tokyo 🤬 Dockyard (6 🤬 Drift) 🤬.

I understand all those 🤬. I feel the same way about it.

Would you guys want to go with the Elise. IIRC fully upgraded it has 410HP and 800 something kilos.

Back