GTP plays and talks ProStreet

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 300 comments
Stage 3 Tires (Mickey Thompson) purchased for the Cobalt, on to Chicago. ($105,000 remaining)

SP- Showdown: Chicago results (240 & Cobalt): Dominated in 4
1/4 mile Drag- 1st (11.39/13.18)
1/2 mile Drag- 1st (17.27/19.07)
3 lap Airfield Long Grip- 1st (3:40.92/4:35.07) Record Broken
3 lap Center Field Club Shootout- 1st (4415 points) Record Broken
3 lap Center Field Loop Time Attack- Kicked out.

Bonus Card: Stage 1 Suspension (240)

The game is not amused with the Cobalt. It's also better but still wants to redline within a second of launch. I'll play with the setup next event

React Team Sessions are now open with Challenge Autopolis! Winner can choose either a 2005 Pontiac GTO or Infiniti G35.

Yeah. Pick up the GTO. It's a all arounder car for Drag event but you'll be encountering a AI driver with a GTO that has around I think 800+hp. I think the AI driver's name is Bradley Cooper I think?

Wouldn't we be better off getting the GTO, selling it and then getting the Supra? Knowing it can exceed 1000HP easily, I would believe it's a better drag car. It can do the 1/4 mile under 7 second on the stock suspension without wheeling, or wheeling it by installing Suspension level 3.

Wouldn't we be better off getting the GTO, selling it and then getting the Supra? Knowing it can exceed 1000HP easily, I would believe it's a better drag car. It can do the 1/4 mile under 7 second on the stock suspension without wheeling, or wheeling it by installing Suspension level 3.
The Supra is good for Speed events too so either let him use the GTO for Rogue Speed events plus the Karol Monroe event then sell the GTO for a Supra for Speed events.

The Supra is good for Speed events too so either let him use the GTO for Rogue Speed events plus the Karol Monroe event then sell the GTO for a Supra for Speed events.

My experience on Speed events with RWD tells me that we should go 4WD. :lol:

Don't worry. Thanks to it's low price tag, we can have a Supra for backup anything, really.

We're about to enter the part of the game where we can unintentionally total our cars. A second car is better than leaving empty handed.

My experience on Speed events with RWD tells me that we should go 4WD. :lol:
Well unless he can afford a GTR Proto which is a speed demon and can beat anything that is if he can dominate Super Promotion at Autopolis plus a price tag of 90k but it can't be visually modified.

Last edited:
We also still have the Cobalt which isn't very useful past the early stages from what I remember. We could get the GTO, sell the Cobalt and buy the Supra, or whichever car we feel would be best, I easily used the Dodge Charger to fly through drag events when I first got the game.

Also, if we go through Rouge Speed now, we should have a good amount to pick up a GTR for speed races.

Note all that it will probably be Saturday/Sunday before I pick this up again.

That said, once we have the GTO, the Cobalt will effectively be useless for Drag. Should we make it a temporary Speed car?

Cobalt for speed? Will that be effective enough for the early speed challenges? I never thought of that one, always got a different beast at that point. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Back In The Game, Playas!

React- Challenge: Autopolis results: Dominated
Course B Drift- 1st (5469 points) Record Broken
Course E Drift- 1st (3313 points) Record Broken
2 lap GP Circuit Grip- 1st (57 seconds faster) Record Broken
2 lap Short Circuit Grip- 1st (2:28.97/3:18.47) Record Broken
3 lap GP Circuit Shootout- 1st (2603 points)

Reward Card: Cash

Prize Car: Pontiac GTO

Irrelevant knowing the plan, but on the last run of Course E I lost momentum. It's a 🤬 pain trying to get back into a rhythm afterwards.

New events: Tokyo Dockyard (3 Grip, 1 Drag, 1 Drift); Autobahnring (3 Grip, 1 Drift, 2 Speed); Autopolis II (2 Grip, 1 Drag, 1 Drift)

We'll let the Cobalt limp it's way to be a temporary Speed. It's not going to be fast, let me warn you..

But if we're paranoid with needing a 4WD speed car, I'm thinking we go buy the Audi S4. In the meantime, let's aim for the non Autobahnring events first.

I recently beat Ryo. I say you focus on the Speed and Drag.

A Toyota Supra RZ is a good wheelie car, the first Super Promontion events at max do 500 Ft. for wheelie distance.

For Speed I'd say use a BNR34 or Murcelarago (Free Car Marker).

The "Free Car Markers" are much frequent in Super Promotion than in any other area to complete at, maybe it was luck that got me 3 of them..

Edit:

The ones to look out for are the G35s, RX8s, or Apex Glide members. Just for all events. But grip I'd use a GT-R R35 once it has been unlocked. I can help with the harder events as they go through.

Last edited:
I recently beat Ryo. I say you focus on the Speed and Drag.

A Toyota Supra RZ is a good wheelie car, the first Super Promontion events at max do 500 Ft. for wheelie distance.

For Speed I'd say use a BNR34 or Murcelarago (Free Car Marker).

The "Free Car Markers" are much frequent in Super Promotion than in any other area to complete at, maybe it was luck that got me 3 of them..

Edit:

The ones to look out for are the G35s, RX8s, or Apex Glide members. Just for all events. But grip I'd use a GT-R R35 once it has been unlocked. I can help with the harder events as they go through.
Help and participation is appreciated, but we've gotta get to SP before we worry about Ryo. We're taking it one event at a time, just started React, and I'll update the OP later today...weather permitting...so you can see in detail what we've got.

Cars shifted around, the Cobalt's MTs were taken away, on to Tokyo

React- Tokyo Dockyard results (240, GTO, Z): Dominated in 4
Course C Drift- 1st (3046 points) Record Broken
1/4 mile Drag- 1st (9.86/13.62) Record Broken
2 lap Ginza Go Grip- 1st (1:55.99/2:34.31) Record Broken
3 lap Kyobashi Attack Shootout- 1st (3944 points) Record Broken
3 lap Shimbashi Time Attack- 1st (57.67/1:16.81) Record Broken

Bonus Cards: Stage 3 Suspension (240) & Stage 2 Drivetrain (240)

The Z handled the drift circuit better than the GTO ever has for me. That said, the GTO is a 🤬 BULLET!

New Events Open: React-Ebisu (2 Grip, 2 Drift, 2 Speed), React-Mondello Park (3 Grip, 1 Drag, 2 Drift)

React- Mondello Park results (240, GTO, Z): Dominated in 4
1/4 mile Drag- 1st (9.61/13.53) Record Broken
Course A Drift- 1st (3857 points) Record Broken
Course B Drift- 1st (4107 points) Record Broken
3 lap Club Circuit Grip- 1st (1:42.19/2:14.15) Record Broken
3 lap Short Circuit A Time Attack- 1st (52.30/1:06.79) Record Broken
3 lap Short Circuit B Shootout- 1st (3551 points) Record Broken

Bonus Cards: Cash & Stage 2 Brakes (240)

New event open: React- Challenge Ebisu (2 Grip, 2 Drift, 3 Speed) *Domination awards either a Speed Supra or a Speed M3 (E46)

When going to Ebisu, I get the M3 to sell it later for a better Speed car since I usually already have the Supra on Drag. Since we're going with the GTO on Drag, would be a good idea to get the Supra and maintain it for Speed, having a 1100HP Speed car?

When going to Ebisu, I get the M3 to sell it later for a better Speed car since I usually already have the Supra on Drag. Since we're going with the GTO on Drag, would be a good idea to get the Supra and maintain it for Speed, having a 1100HP Speed car?
I'll run the Supra and the M3 in speed events first, then I'll report back here with my recommendation.

I'll run the Supra and the M3 in speed events first, then I'll report back here with my recommendation.

Sure thing. Because even though we are the owners, driver feedback is equally important. 👍

React- Challenge: Ebisu results:
Fukushima A Challenge: M3 starts
  • M3 [502 HP]- 1st (1:58.38/2:41.41) Light Damage & Record
  • Supra [437 HP]- 1st (2:03.51/3:00.55) Very Light Damage & Better Record
Fukushima B Speed Run: Supra starts
  • M3- [502]- 1st (888 mph, 1:54.35/2:33.92) Decent Damage & Record
  • Supra- [437 HP]- 6th (779 mph, 2:09.27/2:58.53) No Damage
Fukushima C Challenge: Supra starts
  • M3 [502 HP]- 1st (3:33.03/4:17.19) No Damage
  • Supra [437 HP]- 1st (3:42.67/4:56.04) Very Light Damage & Record
Fukushima A report-M3 is finicky but accelerates better, likely the 65 extra horses, and I only had one M3 on me. The Supra isn't as fast but it does feel more stable, the only reason any damage was recorded was a sideswipe by another Supra at the start, but I did have five M3s on my butt at the line.

Fukushima B report- The Supra either needs more power, or the gearing guy needs to be fired. It struggles to hit 150, it loses momentum when it gets to the crests, but worst is that it can't catch the competition. It's the first time I've been forced to keep the car out of high gear. The M3 also has these issues in addition to it's twitchy steering, but the acceleration available means you can catch the draft in this event, something that isn't an issue in the challenges.

Fukushima C report- Starting again with the Supra to see if it was the event and not the car. Turns out it's probably me...go figure. Second Attempt was a success, even though the car went sailing on me three times due to drafting speeds. Little damage though. Same can't be said of the M3, which sailed through the course with no issues, no scratches, and no competition. The only problem is that it didn't make enough points to break the Supra's record.

BTW: I'm certain this testing will break the games record keeping, as I'm breaking my own records on the second run. So we'll be invited to Nitrocide earlier than we should.

@Michelin It's your call. I can handle either, the Supra obviously has fewer upgrades, but that's as far as I can take it.

If the Supra feels stabler and considering it can achieve pretty high HP figures, I would say we should go for it. But I would like a second opinion..

React- Challenge: Ebisu results: Dominated in 5
Fukushima A Challenge- 1st (2:03.51/3:00.55) Record Broken
Fukushima B Speed Run- 1st ( 2:09.27/2:58.53) Record Broken
Fukushima C Challenge- 1st (3:42.67/4:56.04) Record Broken
Course D Drift- 1st (5839 points) Record Broken
Course F Drift- 1st (4657 points) Record Broken
3 lap South Course Grip- LOL
3 lap Touge Course Time Attack-NOPE

Bonus Card: Cash

Free Car Selected: Toyota Supra

New events open: None....wait....hmmm. That didn't open up the last event on the lower branch.

How would you say the 240, GTO, and 350Z are doing for staying competitive, no concerns of needing upgrades soon? Also, selling the Cobalt now should be fine and maybe start upgrading the Supra some.

Back