GTP Rivals Mode WEEK #15

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 376 comments
I've not been able to replicate my 39.5 yet, and that lap was not as good as it could have been. It's frustrating. :lol: I'll give it another go later tonight, I'm fairly confident I can dip in the low 39s or high 38s.

I have managed a 1:39.5 in the Pontiac Solstice I think there is still at least half a second for me if I can get most of the corners right always seem to mess up 1 or 2 corners each lap

I used to love this track back in forza 4 using the AMC Gremlin it was a handling beast

I have managed a 1:39.5 in the Pontiac Solstice I think there is still at least half a second for me if I can get most of the corners right always seem to mess up 1 or 2 corners each lap

I used to love this track back in forza 4 using the AMC Gremlin it was a handling beast
I LOVED using the Pinto on this track back in FM4.

Sorry chaps, Easter is a big thing in my family so had the whole crew round today (mum, dad, in-laws, uncles etc). Haven't had a chance to get the leaderboards sorted.

I'm currently drunk and unable to compile right now but we are on to the next week as things stand: touring cars at The Ring :mischievous:
Leaderboards posted as soon as possible.

Sorry chaps, Easter is a big thing in my family so had the whole crew round today (mum, dad, in-laws, uncles etc). Haven't had a chance to get the leaderboards sorted.

I'm currently drunk and unable to compile right now but we are on to the next week as things stand: touring cars at The Ring :mischievous:
Leaderboards posted as soon as possible.
No worries pal! Have fun with your family! Peace be with you!
I LOVE NURBURGRING! It will be tough at night though! As I have already used the Ford Sierra Cosworth FE at night on it. I will try a few tonight later on.

I spent almost an hour lapping the 24h layout before realizing it's not the one we're using... :lol:

For God's sake @-Fred- :lol:

Anyway guys, Easter over, everyone away home. Leaderboards posted today and normality resumed :D
Can't wait to hit the ring later, so much fun.

Week 5 - Sport Coupé - Sonoma, Full Circuit
1. FastBud - Lotus Evora S - 1:38.639

2. RPM Bibblefish - Lotus Evora S - 1:38.752

3. itrfred2 - Lotus Evora S - 1:39.537

4. VICGT1970 - Pontiac Solstice - 1:39.744

5. RM Tricky Nixon - Audi TTS - 1:40.944

6. IamVALHALLA - the fastest Porsche Cayman yeeeoooo :lol: - 1:41.654

7. whitemanLS1 - Porsche Cayman - 1:42.470

8. AlienDeathRay15 - BMW Z4 '11 - 1:43.184

9. nEx1983 - Porsche Cayman - 1:43.321

10. WhiteSwordTower - Nissan 370Z - 1:43.682

11. RokkitShipp - Pontiac Solstice - 1:47.296

Thought I was never going to get that posted :irked:

Family ended up coming back and staying on for dinner (which I was obviously roped into cooking - 6 bloody hours), and have just left now I am so fed up :yuck:

Last edited:
Might as well call it the Pitch Black Hell, it gets so dark I thought my game was broken :lol: I'm currently sitting all alone at the top of the leaderboards but I dont think it will last...

I do love The Ring at night. Still won't get any time on it until Friday, but then I'll have all evening and night to get some serious lappage done and I can't wait.

I had to remove the drivatars from my attempts. I seem to be always driving around with 1 headlight, and I can't see where I'm going. Oh and last night, I came across a strange sight. A nighttime rainbow??? Near the end of the lap, approaching the long straight-away, off to the left is a huge arcing streak across the sky. It looks exactly like a rainbow, but it's in the night time sky. Muted colors, so it appears orange-ish. If anybody sees this, take a picture, I would have, but it was on my best lap and I didn't want to mess it up.

Here are some preliminary Best Lap times for some of my cars in this weeks event. Lots to improve upon, as there is a lot of track to leave time out on.
M Benz A45 Mac Tools 7:54.528
M Benz A45 PETRONAS 7:55.503
Honda Civic Castrol 7:53.216
Audi S3 ROTEK 7:47.440
BMW 125i Heli Racing 7:45.767
Volvo S60 Valvoline 7:44.875

I have multiples of some of the cars, with different tunes or set ups on each. My PETRONAS Benz has the highest top speed of any of the cars in this class, but since it was my 1st attempt, has one of the poorest times. I thought that would be useful since the long straight away near the end is a good place to make up some time. But obviously I had to sacrifice handling. But again, it appears the Volvo is going to be one of the top cars.

Again, I think this division is 'thin'. Competitive yes. But lacking in cars. I REALLY WISH there were more cars in this division. *HINT* *HINT* *HINT* :gtpflag:

I had to remove the drivatars from my attempts. I seem to be always driving around with 1 headlight, and I can't see where I'm going. Oh and last night, I came across a strange sight. A nighttime rainbow??? Near the end of the lap, approaching the long straight-away, off to the left is a huge arcing streak across the sky. It looks exactly like a rainbow, but it's in the night time sky. Muted colors, so it appears orange-ish. If anybody sees this, take a picture, I would have, but it was on my best lap and I didn't want to mess it up.

Perhaps watch the replay? Then you can fiddle with the angles and get a good picture of it...

Perhaps watch the replay? Then you can fiddle with the angles and get a good picture of it...
Yeah, I guess I should have. It's too late now. I never saved the replay either. And I find myself looking for it every time since. I think it may have been one of the light effects, sun glare, mistakenly applied to the night time event. If it happens again I will be sure to capture it.

God this track and this division :mad:

Can barely keep a car on the road to complete a lap, finally got a clean one in the Civic; a rather humble 7:45-ish....

Volvos were all over the place.
S3 tuned by Raceboy77 can DO ONE.
BMW blah
Civic was actually really comfortable but barely fast enough I dunno HOW @VICGT1970 got that time with it :confused:

Depending on the tune you use the Civic can be really good, as long as you don't go anywhere near 1st gear and only use 2nd for the really tight corners (like the Adenauer Bridge section or the Karussel). The Mercedes is the slowest car in the division by a mile, though it does handle pretty well.

Depending on the tune you use the Civic can be really good

I was driving it stock, after every other car being a complete disaster with various tunes I got fed up and drove stock. I'll try out a few tunes with it, and maybe... just *maybe* my Lord and saviour has one posted :nervous:

@RPM Bibblefish have you posted a Civic Touring Car tune? I'm not on at the minute...

If anything, I know Raceboy77's tune is pretty damn good because it's the one I've been using. I know you like shooting for the hardcore leaderboards, but I really suggest using at least the braking line assist, it's a life saver around a track with this many corners and you could probably shave at least 6-7 seconds, maybe even more.

7:54.901 in the Polestar, but I left a sub 50’s lap get dirty! The Ring is a cruel mistress indeed... This was from pitch black to overcast dawn.
That's a tough run. Starting off in the pitch black just throws me off. My first 3 laps were dirty ( 7:50, 7:47,7:45 ) and the Volvo S60 was tough to control. Once more light was shed on the course, I got the car under control and smoothed out the turns. I put in a nice 7:42 on the final 5th lap. But yeah, the Nordschleife is very tough in the pitch black. Headlights don't do it justice.

I was driving it stock, after every other car being a complete disaster with various tunes I got fed up and drove stock. I'll try out a few tunes with it, and maybe... just *maybe* my Lord and saviour has one posted :nervous:

@RPM Bibblefish have you posted a Civic Touring Car tune? I'm not on at the minute...

Not sure, if i have it won't be tuned for this track.

Not had much time this week so not had a chance to set any cars specific to this track. I've ran most of them using the tunes i already had and for me both the volvos (i tuned out the lift off oversteer on both of them) and the Mercedes (running this one with min aero) ran the best times.

Really need to sit down and build a car from scratch for this track but just not had the time.

I really wish there was a way we could see each other's laps in game, I really don't understand how @FastBud , @VICGT1970 and I are pretty much 30 seconds-ish faster... It does not compute. I know we're fast in the grand scheme of things, but you guys don't suck!
It's a factor of the length of the course, the amount of turns, and the night time driving. Then, factor in the amount of time needed to get a solid time. To do 4 laps for me is about 31 mins, 5 laps is around 39 mins. Normally on shorter tracks, I'm doing 12 laps and running over 20 min. Due to the track length, amount of turns, and general unfamiliarity it's easy to dirty a lap.
Generally, I usually run about 7-9 seconds behind the leaders. Multiply that by 3.5 (as Nordschleife is about 3.5 times longer than most tracks), and I am about 25-31 seconds behind, which is about where I am.
However, I am in the Top 20 ! :D

It’s funny, I used to avoid the Ring at all costs here and in previous Forzas. But now I even did the 125 miles showcase endurance in preparation and something funny happened around the sixth or sevent lap after the field has spread out... I found my comfort there, driving the Civic, attaining a sort of serenity 💡 . I’ll never memorize each and every turn, but now I'm able to identify whole sections and what to do, and the feedback I require from the car and track, even in the infamous carousel curve whose physics have always confounded me. Now about that last light that blinds you when taking the right turn into the finish line... :eek::banghead::yuck::mad:!!!

Last edited:

I’ve seen the Rainbow :D will upload a pic later, nearly crashed when I saw it

I really wish there was a way we could see each other's laps in game, I really don't understand how @FastBud , @VICGT1970 and I are pretty much 30 seconds-ish faster... It does not compute. I know we're fast in the grand scheme of things, but you guys don't suck!

It's honestly just the length of the track. The Ring is 5x the size of a lot of tracks, and you top guys can be 5 or 6 seconds ahead of us on them.
So 5 times the length x 6 seconds gap = 30 seconds.

Through each bunch of corners you're getting a second or two ahead of us, and on The Ring there are a LOT of bunches of corners, it soon adds up :lol:

Not sure, if i have it won't be tuned for this track.

The Mazda I used in the previous rivals mode wasn't tuned for The Ring either if I remember correctly (was it Cataluña?), and it was amazing.

Back