GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,250 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to withdraw from the race, i am going out of town rather unexpectedly.
@R1600Turbo, donate my spot to some poor deserving soul.
 
Frustration! I had a 42.5xx saved but it wasn't anywhere in my replay files! I went through all my free run 20 minute + replays but couldn't find anything better than a 42.854. I have way too many saved so I couldn't look through all of them to find my best time before I had to take off for work.

So I'm gonna upload that to youtube for now. I'll link two videos, one of the run in full screen and another with the same run in the live timing screen so you know that lap was done with the same car on the 4th lap for the 42.876.

I'm working all night ('til 2am) so if I find my time can I upload that one and submit it as soon as I can when I'm home tonight?

42.876:



42.876 (Live timing screen):
 
Last edited:
I have to withdraw from the race, i am going out of town rather unexpectedly.
@R1600Turbo, donate my spot to some poor deserving soul.

:lol: Will do.

@ Wardez: That's fine. You posted the time in here so that will make the cut-off, as long as the video is posted no later than Sunday.

Less than one hour guys! Must be a lot of you waiting till the last minute, cause I know I don't have 60 times yet...
 
man, i can't even get past 1.43.xxx let alone 1.42, you guys are fast!
 
Time is up! No entries will be accepted from now on. Call me mean, but you had plenty of time to submit your uh...time. I'll tally everything up in the next few days and see where we stand.

I will edit the first post on Monday with track info, etc.
 
Whoa, what? You said midnight PST. You can't go back on that! I was submitting my time right now.
And of course I wouldn't have checked the thread, I was running hot laps for the last couple hours.

I'll make all changes on Monday for everyone. Remember today is the qualifying deadline. I will accept times up to 12:00 am PST. Still trying to get replay files to work, so if you have the means to put it on YouTube please do.
 
Last edited:
Er, maybe I'm confused. I'm in Arizona which I thought was on PST. Must be on MST or I have my time zones mixed up. :lol:

So......California time. :D
 
R1600 do you have any ideas of what days a week the series will be run? I didn't see any mention of a schedule in the OP.

I want to plan accordingly so I can make the whole series.

Cheers!
 
No daylight savings in the desert. :)
 
So if I counted right, we have 34 entries. I'd hate to cut just two people so I may just let them stay. I'll know for sure in a couple days.

Something I forgot to ask, how are people arranged for the starting grid online? Is it random?
 
Something I forgot to ask, how are people arranged for the starting grid online? Is it random?

Qualifying.
 
Something I forgot to ask, how are people arranged for the starting grid online? Is it random?
Qualifying.
If qualifying is done, yes. Otherwise, it's random. Though there are 3 options for gridding; Fastest First (typical qualifying style), Slowest First, and Reverse Order from previous results (basically is like 'slowest first' but without qualifying, and also only works after at least one race has been completed.)
 
We'll probably just do a normal qualifying. Thanks guys. :)
 
When is the first race going to be?
 
FINALLY found a set up to stop the understeer!:)

So stoked!

The car is so much more fun to drive now that its neutral / a bit loose.

Its nice to see the rear tires get some heat in a turn.

I just tried Autumn ring mini rev. again and it, or I, was so much more consistent. I ran just over my qualifying time many laps in a row without pushing my self too hard.

- Also, Im going to Christmas dinner at my Grandmothers Sunday the 26th. Should be back home by 7:00pm or 8:00pm, hopefully that wont be too late.

And I know there will be conflicts with everyone's schedule as we go along so all I can do is try to make it @ the decided time.

Cheers to you R1600 for keeping up with all of this stuff and putting it all together.
 
Last edited:
Next Sunday is great, I hope the races will be anytime after 7:30 or 8:00 would be convenient.

I'm looking forward to joining a practice race with you guys soon...I'm still just trying to get to experience 30 so I can get my X1 and call it a day with the ridiculous AI. There is no way I am going to have the interest in repeating races to get to Level 40.

Thanks again R1600 for hosting this event!
 
ok so I've been really busy with work lately and haven't been on in a good bit. I posted a photo of my laptime on page 11, however I did not notice the rules have changed for this and now we need a video. Any chance I can get that today?
pretty pwease.
Ty
 
He said you may do that provided it's posted by sunday.
 
I think when you say it is understeering is when I hack the throttle, or even tap the brakes. That may, or may not help :lol: but that usually gets it to turn.

I have no problem setting the car up for good turn-in rotation, what happens after that is that in the long sweepers when I am standing on the throttle in 3rd gear, it just washes out. I can tell I am scrubbing speed off with the front tires, but I have to or else it won't come around the longer turns.

I can't get rid of that without entering turns sideways from being unstable on the brakes. Fun, but not fast.

So if I counted right, we have 34 entries. I'd hate to cut just two people so I may just let them stay. I'll know for sure in a couple days.

I seriously doubt all 32 will be available at any given race time, so I would leave those 2 for alternates. 👍
 
are you still going to post the qualification times? I know its kinda pointless at this point, since we are just barely over our max limit, but it'd be cool to see how everyone ranked up. I don't blame you if you dont, thats a lot of work!
 
are you still going to post the qualification times? I know its kinda pointless at this point, since we are just barely over our max limit, but it'd be cool to see how everyone ranked up. I don't blame you if you dont, thats a lot of work!

Here's a list of only the ppl that posted up in the forums, unofficial of course.

  1. 42.189 -- Dovesniper711 (iDove_)
  2. 42.325 -- Dr Wankel (ScepTer_)
  3. 42.327 -- the stig14 (acanak)
  4. 42.328 -- Dapper (EERS4YEARS)
  5. 42.338 -- EL_ZISSOU (EL_ZISSOU)
  6. 42.404 -- Egghead43 (GTP_Egghead)
  7. 42.437 -- SAMHAIN85 (SAMHAIN85)
  8. 42.462 -- Spyhunter (GTP_Spyhunter)
  9. 42.493 -- R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo)
  10. 42.553 -- silvermiata (SpecMiata-JSW)
  11. 42.602 -- tt997 (tt997)
  12. 42.707 -- AlGreene71 (AlGreen71)
  13. 42.827 -- Oops2low (Green_lungz)
  14. 42.876 -- Wardez (Wardez)
  15. 42.905 -- Nethereal (Nethereal)
  16. 42.971 -- vanos2990 (GTP_vanos2990)
  17. 42.978 -- filphil89 (GTP_Chronic)
  18. 43.120 -- motortrend (motortrend)
  19. 43.197 -- LVSX4MZ3 (dethc0re6)
  20. 43.204 -- Paggydaggy (GTP_Paggydaggy)
  21. 43.306 -- fitftw (Rave2Grave)
  22. 43.362 -- Duke (GTP_Duke)
  23. 43.619 -- Zychon (Zychon)
  24. 43.932 -- -Cheezman- (MrTimmyA)
  25. 44.613 -- kona309 (kona309 )
 
Last edited:
I will when I have access to a computer. It will take me a couple days to get everything sorted. 👍

Also, my qualifying time is actually a 42.493 but it doesn't show in the ghost replay for some reason. I'll post a new video tomorrow showing the loading screen with the same lap replay.
 
Got a room open

1472-6118-3658-4760-5488

GTP_SPEC_MIATA_practi
 
I sent my replay to the email in the first post. Havn't heard anything yet, but i my time was 43.204 GTP_PaggyDaggy
 
I'm down to practice with you Greene, I'll join in a few minutes
 
come join guys!
1472-6118-3658-4760-5488
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back