GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,252 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence but christmas sunday is a bit silly im my opinion. i wont be avalible at any point in time then. but i do think that keeping 2 for alternares is a good idea.

And my time was 44.613. not very good at all.
 
Yeah Christmas won't be good for me either. Gonna be gone that whole weekend.
 
Sorry guys, forgot about the holiday. We could wait two weeks if that works for everyone? That gives the GT Academy participants some time to do their TT stuff as well. (including me) Yeah?
 
Sam that was fun thanks for making some laps with me. That vitz that showed up was good practice for my overtaking nerves.:scared:
 
Thanks for hosting AlGreene.
Very good connection from the other side of the ocean. No lag. The online works well
 
Sorry guys, forgot about the holiday. We could wait two weeks if that works for everyone? That gives the GT Academy participants some time to do their TT stuff as well. (including me) Yeah?

I'm a no go for the 26th as well since I'll be at the in-laws :grumpy:

There might have only been enough racers for one grid anyways, so postponing the race is probably a good idea. 👍

Unfortunately there's no GT Academy for Canada, so I can't say I'll be busy with that (would have loved to do it though). :irked:
 
Ok, so the 1st it is then. I'll get everything situated on the first post in the next couple days.
 
Ok, so the 1st it is then. I'll get everything situated on the first post in the next couple days.

Sounds good! Take me off the list for the first race, ill be smashed new years weekend. No driving of any sort.
 
Last edited:
Hey R1600Turbo,

Did you get the ghost replay thing sorted out? I'd rather not go through the Youtube thing since I don't have an account, decent camera, etc.

I was able to import the replay filphil posted here and watch it in the replay theater.

I just unzipped the folder (PS3) on my computer, transferred it to a USB stick, then through the XMB I hit the triangle button while on the replay file on the stick and hit "copy". I got some warning about overwriting data when doing this which I just acknowledged, not sure what that was about as I all my replays are still there.
Once that was done, I started the game, went to replay theater and imported the replay. It now shows up in the replay list showing the lap time, and I was able to watch the lap (other than the last couple of seconds which seems to be normal).

I hope this works for you, but let me know if you need any help going through the replays.
 
Yeah, the import is pretty straight forward.

We've been doing this for the Tsukuba lap battle listed in my sig.

I didn't think it could cause so many problems, lol.
 
I have sent mine 3 days ago via email. i sent it with the title GT5 and it is zip file. if i can remember right i made 42.885 something like that:)
 
I've got a lot of emails to go through, so give me a couple days to get everything organized. Also need to figure out why my game won't recognize the replay files.
 
A great story for you guys, I had only done License Tests and Special Events until just recently. I decided to start working on A-Spec yesterday and managed to knock out 6 events with the Miata we've got set up for our races.

Beginner: Sunday Cup, World Compact Car Race, FR Challenge
Amateur: Clubman Cup, NR-A Roadster Cup
Professional: 80's Sports Car Festival

I breezed through these races with ease. The Clubman Cup was a bit satisfying being that entire field had more than 100 hp over our little roadster. The only one that offered much of a challenge was, well... the FR Challenge. I was a bit apprehensive to enter this one at first since the field was full of cars all running around 200 hp more than we have in the Miata, so I skipped it at first. But I went back to it tonight and just destroyed it. On the last race at Trial Mountain I even decided to goof around a bit. I was in first by the end of the first lap and remembered the final chicane was an easy place to get the Rollover trophy. So I did that knowing I would be able to catch back up within two laps... but I caught up in just one lap. So I rolled it again at the end of lap two and caught up again on the third lap for the win. I can't enter any more events without spending any more money on it... I briefly attempted the Japanese Championship in Expert but even though they are around the power output I found in FR Challenge I cannot out corner them. They must be running a racing compound tire.

All in all, I had a blast. And I'm super proud of the little roadster that could. I'm almost confident that even with what little mods we have for our series (and proper suspension tuning) these cars could beat out cars with 3x the horsepower as long as the course isn't made up of too many straight sections.

So, for now, until the Spec Miata Series begins I shall retire The Grape. See you out there!

5276014549_d0e17784d9_z.jpg
 
Last edited:
I never noticed that the R-package lip is carbon fiber. LOL

That's not what they're made of in real life!
 
Cool story and picture Graham. That reminds me, before our race, maybe we can all group up for some awesome pictures in our cars. All lined up or something.
 
That's a pretty kick ass idea.

Make it the new banner for GTP spec miata! 👍
 
Funny actually, I used my spec miata in the 4-hour roadster endurance tonight. I started on comfort soft tires and fell behind the leaders by almost 35 seconds by lap 40. Came into the pits, put on medium sport tires and wasted them. :lol:

I think if you want a good race there, use hard sport tires. On a side note, I love the tune on my car. Once the tires warm up its very neutral and a blast to drive. Once we get to racing it should be fun. :)
 
Updated first post with race information. I will post the racing rules (assists, etc) later this week after I have had a chance to look at the online structure.
 
Awesome track selection 👍 👍 👍
 
I figured those would be the best tracks for some good racing.

Can someone do me a favor next time you guys start up a practice room? Do a practice race, then save the replay and snap some photos from it? I'd like to update the picture in the first post with a competition shot. 👍

Edit: Here is a photo of my replay save file, showing the 42.498 time for me. The replay date is from the day before I posted my YouTube video.

specmiata_armtime.jpg
 
Last edited:
time to start tuning for Suzuka! Can't wait to race with the best and see how I do :)
 
Thanks for hosting AlGreene.
Very good connection from the other side of the ocean. No lag. The online works well

Yeah it does work well, I'm very pleased with the online experience of GT5.

It seems like most of the time it wont let me connect to rooms that are hosted by players with poor connections.

This is fine with me if it means people would be bouncing all around and going from zero to 80 and sideways in one second.:)
 
Cheeeyyyaaaa!

Just got home from work and I'm stoked on the track selections and the event times!

I hope I can make them all but either way I look forward to practicing with everyone.

And the new engine clip when the game starts is SICK! I guess it came with the update?

Also Seasonal Events and Online Dealership! Go PD!
 
Last edited:
Anyone up for some practice right now?
 
I am able to make 4 out of the 5 races. are we counting all 5 races for points or can each driver have 1 race dropped(ie: drop their worst race result or able to miss 1 race and use that as their drop)

This is just a thought for people that may have to work on the day of a race and would allow people to have a bad race and not be totally out of the running.

acanak
 
Hello all, i have a room open at Suzuka east if anyone is on,

1472 6681 3243 9093 9107

GTP_SPEC_MIATA_practi
 
Someone snap some pictures for me! :D

Alright, I've got all the times that were listed in this thread, and all the files downloaded from emails. I'll look everything over tonight and try to get the groups posted up tomorrow.
 
Whoops went out for a while, back now. I am about to join the room
 
So I can't get my game to read any replay files. Not working for me at all. If you sent me an email with your replay file, without posting the time on GTP and can put it on YouTube, please do. If you cannot, send me a photo of the replay file screen showing the lap time, car name, etc like I posted above.

I know this is not how I wanted to confirm times, but don't really have a choice. There's only a few of you anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back