GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,253 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, regarding parcipitation:
I'm in as long as we start the race right at 8:30 PM EST. I have to take off for work by at least 9:30 PM EST so a 20 minute race would be perfect for me to attend all the races.

I think I'm gonna go with something brighter than matte Blue so I'll get back to you on that today for my final colors.

Too many blue, black and whites out there, it's like we're zombies.

I might have to rock the red since it seems hopelessly underused.

The race lengths may get longer actually. I have to adjust them tonight.

And I agree on the colors. That's why I'm in an Orange car, although I went a little less wild and changed the wheels to gunmetal last night. We do need more greens/reds/yellows.
 
No offence of course MCH, but the way we are running this has worked perfectly for 2 weeks. No its not EXACTLY SCCA but its pretty much as close as we can get.

Yep. I said that I was being picky at 2 a.m. No worries. Others may start Spec Miata groups so was just thinking through it a bit. I will invite some of my old remote controlled racing buddies and other Spec Miata racers to join. This looks like a fun place to be.
 
Ok, regarding parcipitation:
I'm in as long as we start the race right at 8:30 PM EST. I have to take off for work by at least 9:30 PM EST so a 20 minute race would be perfect for me to attend all the races.

I think I'm gonna go with something brighter than matte Blue so I'll get back to you on that today for my final colors.

Too many blue, black and whites out there, it's like we're zombies.

I might have to rock the red since it seems hopelessly underused.

Just like the real spec miata, a sea of red cars, some blue and black thrown in. Then a few of us with different colors (mine is obnoxious green).
 
Hey Hami... Just curious... Did you ever come do the Turkey Trot at Sebring maybe 4-5 years ago and did you ever do any Pro SpecMiata stuff in the early days? I seem to remember your car from those races. Or at least the color.
 
I havent had a chance to run trial mtn with you guys yet, any of you planning on practicing tonight? I can host a room whenever if need be, 6pst ok? Which reminds me, maybe we can dabble around with other people hosting rooms, and find out who has the best connection to run them. I know last practice a few people were lagging on my screen, i know its probably their own personal connection, but who knows maybe its the host connection too. (no offense tt997, just sayin'! its worth a shot)

also regarding the upcoming official practice race, mainly the qualifications. I noticed during last weeks qualification there were a few cars bunched up into packs during qualifying. Make sure you space yourselves out. If theres no one behind you slow down and give yourself some room. Even though there is no drafting in the qualifying sessions enabled, and you cant gain any drafting advantage, everyone should have a clean stretch of track to work with. If you run off the track be aware of other people that may come up behind you that are running a flying lap. I dont think we'll have any problems on the larger tracks. And I'm sure everyone probably already knows this (especially you real life racers), its just a friendly reminder to avoid any future headaches in the all important Q session!
 
I was thinking about taking part in the series, but the race times would have been a bit impractical for me (1:30) and probably for some other UK members too.

I'm not sure if I can commit to organising it, but is anyone interested in something similar for European members based on the UK Ma5da series? The regs are quite similar to this series.

I was at the Silverstone this year for Britcar 24hr, there were 2 rounds of Ma5da as part of the support race package, the racing was great to watch. They run an Mk.3 Cup series too, that could be a nice addition.

http://www.ma5daracing.com/
http://www.ma5daracing.com/mk1/2010/files/2010ma5damx5championshipregulations.pdf
 
Last edited:
I'm in 100%

Member: grip~drift
PSN: SolidAxle
Region: Canada (Hamilton, Ontario)
Equipment: G25
Body: Red
Wheel: Yellow

Is there somthing i have to do to qualify or somthing? lap times?
 
Member: andygreen7
PSN:andygreen7
Region: UK
Equipment:Std controller
Body:Frash Green
Wheel:Yellow

A race that suits UK time would be a great addition.
 
anything new i need to know about your event turbo? when is the preaseason race?:)
 
Yep. I said that I was being picky at 2 a.m. No worries. Others may start Spec Miata groups so was just thinking through it a bit. I will invite some of my old remote controlled racing buddies and other Spec Miata racers to join. This looks like a fun place to be.

Totally understandable. Ive even seen a few newer MX5 Cups up already.

And, any1 have a room up? i was just about to forcefully make a vacancy on my ps3 so if not i will start 1 at trial mountain.
 
I'm in 100%

Member: grip~drift
PSN: SolidAxle
Region: Canada (Hamilton, Ontario)
Equipment: G25
Body: Red
Wheel: Yellow

Is there somthing i have to do to qualify or somthing? lap times?

We're not taking new drivers at this time. I'll let you know if things change. You can attend the practice rooms though, if there's room.

anything new i need to know about your event turbo? when is the preaseason race?:)

Keep an eye on the first post. The "News Box" will have all the new info that you need to know.
 
i should make it for the first race m8:)
 
SH%T!!!!

Count me out guys.

My PS3 just froze in the middle of saving my XP from an online race. I restarted the system and it killed my save file. I have NOTHING now. No more level 22, no more 80+ cars, all 60 license golds are gone, my museum cards/paint chips... EVERYTHING is gone. I have to start from 0 all over again. :banghead: I don't have the 70 whatever grand it's gonna cost to rebuild one of these things. Not to mention the time to break it in. I don't think I'll have the chance to do it for a while... I've almost lost the will to even play anymore. :nervous:
 
Open room 1472-6399-8365-2933-5332

Closed
 
Last edited:
My PS3 just froze in the middle of saving my XP from an online race. I restarted the system and it killed my save file. I have NOTHING now. No more level 22, no more 80+ cars, all 60 license golds are gone, my museum cards/paint chips... EVERYTHING is gone. I have to start from 0 all over again. :banghead: I don't have the 70 whatever grand it's gonna cost to rebuild one of these things. Not to mention the time to break it in. I don't think I'll have the chance to do it for a while... I've almost lost the will to even play anymore. :nervous:

Just buy a Miata as your first car, and you should be up and running in no time. :)
 
Ok Room is goin up. GTP SM Practice. it will be at Trail mountain and after a bit i may start a race or 2.

Edit: nvm
 
SH%T!!!!

Count me out guys.

My PS3 just froze in the middle of saving my XP from an online race. I restarted the system and it killed my save file. I have NOTHING now. No more level 22, no more 80+ cars, all 60 license golds are gone, my museum cards/paint chips... EVERYTHING is gone. I have to start from 0 all over again. :banghead: I don't have the 70 whatever grand it's gonna cost to rebuild one of these things. Not to mention the time to break it in. I don't think I'll have the chance to do it for a while... I've almost lost the will to even play anymore. :nervous:

too bad m8. dont worry with seasonal event you will get a lot of money quick. maybe we could send u some cars. i had the same issue five days after gt5 came out.
 
5 days I wouldn't mind... but a month?!

I told myself DURING the 30 minute race "when this is over I should quit the game and backup my save file."

My PS3 must hate me or something.
 
5 days I wouldn't mind... but a month?!

I told myself DURING the 30 minute race "when this is over I should quit the game and backup my save file."

My PS3 must hate me or something.

Send me a friend request on PSN. I've got an extra car you can have.
 
SH%T!!!!

Count me out guys.

My PS3 just froze in the middle of saving my XP from an online race. I restarted the system and it killed my save file. I have NOTHING now. No more level 22, no more 80+ cars, all 60 license golds are gone, my museum cards/paint chips... EVERYTHING is gone. I have to start from 0 all over again. :banghead: I don't have the 70 whatever grand it's gonna cost to rebuild one of these things. Not to mention the time to break it in. I don't think I'll have the chance to do it for a while... I've almost lost the will to even play anymore. :nervous:

wow Graham what a bummer dude. Listen, I don't really care much about the offline aspect of the game, theres only a few cars I even drive anyways. Let me help you out and gift you over some cars, including a fully tuned spec miata with your colors on it. I've never gifted anything to anyone before, but I'm pretty sure this option is available. Like I said, I'm not really a "car collector" like some of the other GT nuts, I mainly bought the game to race online with a few cars. Hows that sound? Maybe we can get a few others to pitch in and get you back in gear. Also, so you can catch back up to the 138 HP in no time, I'd do the ol' rubber band trick. Change your acceleration to point RIGHT on the analog LEFT stick, and set acceleration to point LEFT on the RIGHT stick. Wrap a rubber band around the sticks so they face in wards, as you do a free-run on something like daytona. Then walk away from your ps3 or leave it on over night while you sleep, and youll have mileage wracked up in no time. Might take a few trial and error laps, keep it in manual and see if maybe 2nd or 3rd gear would be best so it doesnt get stuck. 👍
 
Thoughts on requiring a pit stop during the race? Not sure how we can track it to make sure everyone pits though.

Edit: or does Spec Miata even do pit stops?
 
yo Graham, I just gifted you a lexus LFA you can sell for $112,000. It's pink too!
 
Thoughts on requiring a pit stop during the race? Not sure how we can track it to make sure everyone pits though.

Edit: or does Spec Miata even do pit stops?

Maybe just don't make rules for pit stops and people do pit stops if they want?
Is it better not to pit and have bad-ish tires or to pit once and have good tires?
 
was thinking about the mandatory pit thing too... seem to have an honest bunch of guys here so honor system is probably fine.

Yes we pit in SM but only on enduros. However we can run almost an hour and a half and only have to pit for fuel. The reality part that applies here though is that in most SCCA enduro races there IS a mandatory pit stop.
 
What about making a couple of the races enduros, requiring a pit stop? And just leave the other three as regular races?
 
Enduro races would be awesome! If we started the races a little earlier :nervous: of course.

I love long races. My vote for the two tracks to do endurance length would be Nurb. and Laguna.
 
That other room closed so I just opened a new one. GTP SpecMiata

1472-6118-3830-2742-2896
 
Enduro races would be awesome! If we started the races a little earlier :nervous: of course.

I love long races. My vote for the two tracks to do endurance length would be Nurb. and Laguna.

We think alike sir! :dopey:
 
Thoughts on requiring a pit stop during the race? Not sure how we can track it to make sure everyone pits though.

If I baby my tires and gas I should be rewarded without having to stop, right? I know around Indy, doing the Indy 500 endurance, I could make my tires last an extra 20-25 laps without holding the 787 to the floor around the turns. I did that for one out 8 (?) stints. :)
 
Those endurance tracks would be great, though nurburgring might be a bit more complicated when it comes to pitting, no?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back