GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,253 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to make it to the practice room tonight, but I have updated the first post with some new information. See the "News Box". ;)
 
we have a room open- 1472 6118 4130 9220 4969

Haven't done online racing yet. How do I find this room? My Lounge, then what? What track are you racing?
 
Haven't done online racing yet. How do I find this room? My Lounge, then what? What track are you racing?

I am MotorCtyHamilton in GT5. Can anyone help me get hooked up with you guys? I am also Motor City Hamilton on Spec Miata dot com.
 
we all left the room so it's gone now. If you want I'll open up another and you can join. Just look for GTP Spec Miata as the room title.
 
Alright it is open. the room number is 1472-6399-8580-0416-7818 go to the open lobby on the main GT page. once it opens you'll see a blue circle next to the button for create a room. click the circle and enter the room number. you'll be transported in.
 
Had fun. Be back this week. May bring friends. Guess I need to buy the new miata and not the one from the used car lot. Wasn't high enough level in the game to buy the new one. An now. Can you review the car upgrades we're allowed or is the first page of this thread still valid?

Thanks,
Keith
 
First page is up to date.
 
What is Chassis Stiffining? Is that the Chassis Reinforcement (strut tower braces)? That's not very Spec Miata. Or is this in the Chassis Refresh area?
 
No LSDs? Most of us run Torsions or Mazda Comp Diffs.
 
What is Chassis Stiffining? Is that the Chassis Reinforcement (strut tower braces)? That's not very Spec Miata. Or is this in the Chassis Refresh area?

According to the SCCA Rule book:

"The front shock tower connector/brace is not permitted on the 1999 and newer cars."

Allowed on all others. ;)

No LSDs? Most of us run Torsions or Mazda Comp Diffs.

But they're not adjustable like the one in the game. The cars run fine with what they have.
 
Agree with you on the way you are handling the LSD.

The strut tower braces are NOT allowed on any of the years of Miata. Some versions of the 99 came with tower braces from the dealership. These must be removed to make them equal to all of the other years. Minor issue, but if you want to get this as close to Spec Miata, that's the only thing I see that is off.

Fun series.
 
By the way, my the new Miata I got from the dealership handles way better than that used 89 I was running tonight. I should be more competitive tomorrow. Ran 1:47.5 with the used 89.
 
May be true, but the rules also state that the chassis bracing on earlier cars can be upgraded to 1997 specs, so the chassic bracing could be used for that.
 
May be true, but the rules also state that the chassis bracing on earlier cars can be upgraded to 1997 specs, so the chassic bracing could be used for that.

No. I still disagree. There is one little brace across the back subframe that can be added, not strut tower braces, front and rear. I race in the series and would add these if they were legal. If you keep it, no big deal. Just being nit picky.
 
Too bad we can't add the roll cage like in GT4. That would stiffen the chassis and be closer to Spec Miata.
 
Just cause the game shows a picture of strut braces, doesn't mean it has to be those. Plus, real spec Miata's get a full roll cage which stiffens up the chassis. No so in the game. ;)

Edit: Beat me to it. Also, please use the "edit" button instead of double posting. :)
 
Just couldn't break into the 1:43's tonight. Definitely had some slightly better laps going, but always seemed to screw them up on the last sweeper. I think something about that dip on the inside edge of the turn likes to upset the car or something. Either way, need more practice. Lots of fun, though.
 
Those that need help with some speed, use the below settings but change the sway bar to 6/2 and the front toe to -.05

Ride Height: -20 / -18
Spring Rate: 12.5 / 5.8
Extension: 4 / 3
Compression: 3 / 2
Sways Bars: 4 / 1
Camber: 2.0 / 1.8
Toe: .05 / 0.0

Brakes: 5 / 2
 
Those that need help with some speed, use the below settings but change the sway bar to 6/2 and the front toe to -.05

Thanks... when I was driving in "practice" mode, I had added some rear bar to get the car to rotate some, but man does it rotate in the sweepers with more rear than front bar... and not in a good way for me. Reducing them both to 1 worked better, but I still couldn't get consistent yet. I'll try with a "bigger" front bar than rear and see how it goes.
 
No offence of course MCH, but the way we are running this has worked perfectly for 2 weeks. No its not EXACTLY SCCA but its pretty much as close as we can get.
 
R1600,

Do you want us to post our ability to make the race up here or on the first page?

Also I want to change my colors. There are a few of us that look darn close til the wheels are visible.

If here,

I will be able to make the first race, and my new colors are Grey / Grey
 
I'll be there on the 2nd in my black Eunos with green BBS's
 
I'm in for race 1. I'll have to kick the wife and kids out of the living room early but they won't mind. LOL. Oh and no color change for me still Jamaica Beige Metallic w/black wheels
 
Last edited:
I´m for race too. It´s 2:30 am here in Spain, but for a day doesn´t matter to sleep less. :)

With my colors: Yellow/Black
 
Also made a quick video of the battle Turbo and I had, last 2 laps of the race. I think some of you guys might enjoy the music! Turbo and I started 1-2, and finished 1-2. The entire race was like this, back and forth.


hahaha. You're awesome for using that track. Wonder what sort of dork could've inspired you to play up that one xD

Anyway, great to watch, gives a great idea of what level of racing can be expected.

Also, I'm not gonna be able to make this Thursday's practice room as it's scheduled. I was lucky to make it last time 'cause I had that Holiday weekend off but now I'm back and working as per regular (7PM - 1AM PST) so unless it gets pushed back earlier I won't be making it. Have a good race if that's the case everyone, Trial Mountain's a rough customer.

And this, just in; I asked for a Spec Miata and a suspension kit for Christmas and all I got was clothes.
 
officially in for Jan 2 and Dec. 30. My colors are: Tour de France Blue/ Pink wheels
 
Just couldn't break into the 1:43's tonight. Definitely had some slightly better laps going, but always seemed to screw them up on the last sweeper. I think something about that dip on the inside edge of the turn likes to upset the car or something. Either way, need more practice. Lots of fun, though.

Hey Blaine- great driving with you last night. That was kind of fun beating up on those non Miata guys in their high HP cars. It was cool watching you get faster and faster as you got adapted to the grip difference between practice mode and online. I'm sure I'll be online some today and tonight so hope to see you again.

Spy and Al- going through my replays now to find some cool pics!
 
and brosif too. :-)
 
Ok, regarding parcipitation:
I'm in as long as we start the race right at 8:30 PM EST. I have to take off for work by at least 9:30 PM EST so a 20 minute race would be perfect for me to attend all the races.

I think I'm gonna go with something brighter than matte Blue so I'll get back to you on that today for my final colors.

Too many blue, black and whites out there, it's like we're zombies.

I might have to rock the red since it seems hopelessly underused.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back