GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,258 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo, does the fact that you and samhain were neck and neck for almost the whole time indicate that he may have had some 'illegal' mods ?
i really wish GT5 had a more detailed race/mod restrictions....

rszpicture002.jpg


That should clear up any confusion

Also made a quick video of the battle Turbo and I had, last 2 laps of the race. I think some of you guys might enjoy the music! Turbo and I started 1-2, and finished 1-2. The entire race was like this, back and forth.

And tt997, I'm definitely down for the enduro run, but may I ask why you chose Trial Mountain? Why not one of the tracks we're running in the series? I'll be there regardless, just curious
 
Haha, good clip and tunes. I made one too, but with the "Hangin' with the boys" song. Haha, not really.

Merry Christmas to everyone in GTP land:).
 
Also made a quick video of the battle Turbo and I had, last 2 laps of the race. I think some of you guys might enjoy the music! Turbo and I started 1-2, and finished 1-2. The entire race was like this, back and forth.

I was going to set you up for a white-flag pass on the front stretch and hold you off on the last lap for the win, but passed you a lap early. :ouch:

:lol:
 
I asked El Z but I got ignored.:nervous:

Awww man I'm sorry, I've been so busy I've not had a chance to scratch my beard, much less write a response to any of my buddies on the interwebs. I'm sorry man I'll try and make it online soon. :cheers:
 
Glad everyone is excited about the enduro. Really cool you are looking to work the longer races into the series.

Samhain- Only reason I went with Trial Mtn is because that night after our regular race when we all did TM it was a ton of fun. Lots of places to pass and lots of cool turns.

AlGreene- Hearing what you are saying on qualifying. However, the beef I have with leaving and coming back into the lobby during qualifying is the fact that you get new tires each time and if for some reason someone doesn't make it back in time then all of gridding is screwed up.

Am going to change the night schedule a little though and may be more inline with what you were looking for. The night will officially start at 9:30pm est but like last time I will have a room open by 9:00 and we can all just practice and tune until qualifying. 9:30 start but we will wait around for stragglers till about 9:45 then qualify. I'm going to write up another full race announcement here in a little bit.
 
Last edited:
GTP SpecMiata Series Pre-Season Race #2

Thursday December 30, 2010 9:00 pm est. Trial Mountain​

Open to everyone who submitted a legitimate Autumn Ring Qualifying time or gets the OK from R1600TURBO

Format and Schedule:

9:00 Qualifying Meet in the Room. Room will be open ahead of time so look for GTP SM Race
15 minute qualifying time--Rule! Once you enter the track you can not pit or go back to the lobby for tuning and must be on the track at the end in order for gridding to work properly.
30 Lap race pit stop likely but not mandatory.

Settings:
everything off except ABS
Legal Spec Miata car as per the GTP Rules on page 1
Damage- Set to Light
Penalties- On Lowest Setting
Mics- HIGHLY recommended but not mandatory.
Course cutting- Not OK
Qualifying- Done with the built in gridding feature.

If you miss qualifying but make the race then you are welcome to race but start in the back row.
 
Last edited:
Awww man I'm sorry, I've been so busy I've not had a chance to scratch my beard, much less write a response to any of my buddies on the interwebs. I'm sorry man I'll try and make it online soon. :cheers:

Dude, I was sweatin! I started thinking you lost interest, but it's great to hear life was the only problem. :dopey: Catch ya later, Z!
 
I have a practice room up @ TM if anyone is free

1472 6399 8451 1926 5258
 
I wish I had gotten in before registration closed. This looks like fun!
 
Crap, how did I miss this/not register...SCCA flagger here. I'll still build one and practice with you all.
 
New to Playstation 3. How do I get to these rooms to race with you Spec Miata crazies?
 
Cool idea... I'll have to do some serious practicing based on my current Trial Mountain times. Noon question: Are the physics different online than in practice? Seemed like it when I joined the lounge tonight and ran a few laps.
 
Had a great time racing tonight. Sorry I had to jump out so quick. Looking forward to the series!
 
Here's a finish line shot of that close race. Good racing tonight guys, next week should be a blast. 👍

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg
 
Here's a finish line shot of that close race. Good racing tonight guys, next week should be a blast. 👍

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

that was one of the best battles i've witnessed to date in GT5
👍
 
Looks like a great, well organized event!! And, I can tell you're gonna have a lot of fun. I'll be waiting for the videos. :) I'm curious what track you used for qualifying (what'd I miss :drool:)?
 
Samhain- Only reason I went with Trial Mtn is because that night after our regular race when we all did TM it was a ton of fun. Lots of places to pass and lots of cool turns.

Ahhh ok. I left before you guys ran that track, I was there for Nurburgring and Laguna Seca, must have missed Trial Mtn. But I could totally see it being a fun track to race on with the miatas.

Looks like a great, well organized event!! And, I can tell you're gonna have a lot of fun. I'll be waiting for the videos. :) I'm curious what track you used for qualifying (what'd I miss :drool:)?

We used autumn ring mini, I cant remember if its the regular or reverse track. Qualifying times are posted in the first post.

I really hope we can get a big turn out this Thursday. Last practice we had around 9-12 people, although I was hoping for more, considering there was 60+ original entrants. I think we should let a few others join the series if they show they will be active in the upcoming practices. Theres 31 "offical" people entered so far, and I highly doubt all 31 will make it to the first race, I'd say 20 people at most will show. Hopefully I'm wrong! Also something to think about, is if we do infact get more people, (for either the first race OR practice) we'd need someone to help organize the 2nd room and take leadership of it and explain whats going on and keep it organized.
 
I just B-Spec'd my SM into the 138hp range. She's ready for some Trial Mountain action later in the week.

Cheers! :cheers:
 
Ahhh ok. I left before you guys ran that track, I was there for Nurburgring and Laguna Seca, must have missed Trial Mtn. But I could totally see it being a fun track to race on with the miatas.
You're welcome. ;)

I was shocked when I suggested it; people complained! "Why are we going to this track?" "Yeah we should be going to a track that is in the series." To which I replied "Trial Mountain was MADE for Miatas." Ever since Time Trial 2 of GT3 with the stock Miata on Trial Mountain... I've known that it was a match made in heaven. Our few mods only make it an even sweeter combo to run.

I'm super amped about a 30 lapper at T.Mt! I can't wait. :dopey:
 
We used autumn ring mini, I cant remember if its the regular or reverse track. Qualifying times are posted in the first post.

Thanks. It must have been the reverse because I was able to manage a 42.215 in the forward direction (with the car in spec, about 4 HP down, with an AT). :banghead: Guess I'll have to give the reverse a try... :dopey: ...ok, well at least a 42.879 in reverse. Guess I should have entered this event. :ouch:
 
Last edited:
oh yes. props definitely go to GrahamT for the Trial Mountain idea. I couldn't remember who had said that originally that night.

And seriously, a bunch of us ran 4 or so 10 lappers there last night together and it really was the most fun I have ever had in these cars. The cool thing about last night and this track was that as long as you could stay in the draft with who you were trying to race, you always had a shot on any given corner so if you are a second or two off the blistering laps times being posted by guys like Spyhunter and Turbo (last night's high speed super stars in the 1:40.xx) you still have a chance.

I heard that some folks tried 30 laps and didn't really have to pit. I am curious to find out at what point these cars do totally crap out on tires and or fuel. Might take another look at the total laps for thursday. Would be cool to actually need a pit stop don't you guys think? I'd love to find that point where it really is a gamble to stay on track or pit. Thoughts?
 
It would be nice if there was an option in the race setup that you could set, requiring everyone to make a pit-stop at least once during the race.
 
Hey Dudes! I took some photos from that race last night where the three of us were battling it out for the last 5 laps. Enjoy:

Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit_7.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit_6.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit_5.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit_4.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit_3.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit_2.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit_1.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit.jpg


FUN!
 
can anyone explain me how can i upload a you tube video please? and not just the link
 
Yeah Tt I ran 30 laps at TM with no real issues. I don't run the best times in around by any means but my 3rd - 17th laps were all around 1.43.0xx and then dropped off slowly to around 1.45 til the end.

tirewear.jpg
[/IMG]


This is after 30 laps
 
Last edited:
Man, 30 laps does nothing to these cars. maybe we should make it 40? I don't know, just spitballing here.

Brosif- AWESOME pics! OMG! Now I know how Spyhunter does 1:40s... he's in the air the whole time. LOL.

We definitely need to do more of this tonight!
 
IM SO DOWN for tonight!

IM SNOWED in!!! 8" of snow shuts down Eastern NC. HAHA

So 30 laps is 74.1 miles at TM. And the fuel looks to be at 3/4's full. The worst tire looks to be at 1/2 tread?/grip? roughly. Im sure we would all guess that at 60 or so laps a stop would be needed for new rubber, maybe only fronts. I cant remember if that is a choice during a stop. Fuel on the other hand would probably last til 120 or so laps, or about 2 hours and 50 minutes @ 1.43s laps. That would be A LOT of driving at one time for me.

I'm not sure what the fuel capacity is on the game or in real life but if it was 13 gallons it would be 22.8 mpg, not bad for a few hours at W.O.T.
 
Last edited:
These cars just don't have the power or weight to burn through fuel and tires at any kind of rate that would require much pitting. 30 laps at T.Mt is what... about 45 min for us? That's a long time to run laps without a pit.

Also some notables... fuel capacity has been noted to be 100L. For EVERY car. A bit unrealistic, to say the least. And I don't know about you, but I'm not letting my tires get that bad before pitting anyway! By the looks of it, I'd pit once in the middle of the race.
 
we have a room open- 1472 6118 4130 9220 4969
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back