GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I raced with some of you guys the other night and you saw my new ride.

I gotta give another shout out to SAMHAIN for helping out by donating a car.

And although he even painted it purple for me, I feel like I have to pay my respects to TT997 for donating me a pink LFA for some spending cash.
The Grape is no more; I dub the new ride "The Pink Torpedo." You're gonna know it's me on track for sure... nobody else is rocking Pepto paint! :dopey:


5307016197_7bc8482089_z.jpg
 
That thing looks pretty good actually....I guess we've been racing girlie cars too long. :lol:
 
"The Pink Torpedo."----- hmmm.... I think I saw something named that at a local adult video store once. :-)

Hey Silver- You rocked last night at Tsukuba! Also, I came very close to doing the pink car myself in honor of Mike Cottrel. But he's taking too damn long getting my '76 Carrera3.0 project car out of his shop with paint on it.

Qualifying tonight starts at 9pm Est. 15 minutes. And that's only about 6 laps so be wary of that..
 
Just a final reminder:

GTP SpecMiata Series Pre-Season Race #2

Thursday December 30, 2010 9:00 pm est. Trial Mountain

Open to everyone who submitted a legitimate Autumn Ring Qualifying time or gets the OK from R1600TURBO

Format and Schedule:

9:00 Qualifying Meet in the Room. Room will be open ahead of time so look for GTP SM Race
15 minute qualifying time--Rule! Once you enter the track you can not pit or go back to the lobby for tuning and must be on the track at the end in order for gridding to work properly.
30 Lap race pit stop likely but not mandatory.

Settings:
everything off except ABS
Legal Spec Miata car as per the GTP Rules on page 1
Damage- Set to Light
Penalties- On Lowest Setting
Mics- HIGHLY recommended but not mandatory.
Course cutting- Not OK
Qualifying- Done with the built in gridding feature.

If you miss qualifying but make the race then you are welcome to race but start in the back row.
 
How will the qualifying work?
Does it order itself?
 
How will the qualifying work?
Does it order itself?

As long as everyone stays out on the track until qualifying is over, it will grid everyone into their correct spots when the race starts.
 
"The Pink Torpedo."----- hmmm.... I think I saw something named that at a local adult video store once. :-)

Hey Silver- You rocked last night at Tsukuba! Also, I came very close to doing the pink car myself in honor of Mike Cottrel. But he's taking too damn long getting my '76 Carrera3.0 project car out of his shop with paint on it.

Qualifying tonight starts at 9pm Est. 15 minutes. And that's only about 6 laps so be wary of that..

I'm in tonight and I plan to be there early for some practice. My car sucked last night at Trial Mountain, not only because of the comfort tires, but then I put the right rubber on the car and it still oversteered like crazy. I'll hopefully get it figured out before qualifying.

See you dudes tonight!
 
Big front sway, little rear sway. 👍
 
Here are a couple of shots from last nights Tsukuba battle:

TsukubaCircuit-SM.jpg


TsukubaCircuit_2-SM2.jpg


TsukubaCircuit_1-SM1.jpg


I was so tired that I only watched the first few laps, so the order wasn't mixed up. I love the color combos out there, the cars look great!
 
Last edited:
I've got some I'll post tonight. Including a close call for me. :D
 
I was thinking about this before, but now that people are talking about how difficult it is to pull off a pass on Tsukuba...

What do you guys think about using the chicane?

It's normally reserved for motorcycles, but since we have fairly small cars with low hp we could do it. Racing the early A-Spec races with this car and being way better through corners than every car in those races I chose to go through it every lap to give them a fighting chance. It's doable, and it's a fun little corner.

I think it could add a little twist to the race and open up more opportunities for overtaking. But of course...we'd have to rely on the honor system because there's no way to keep people from taking the normal track.

Just a little idea I thought I'd throw out there. Next time anybody runs at Tsukuba just give it a shot and see what you think.
 
What do you guys think about using the chicane?

I fear that I might forget to take the chicane due to force of habit (and there not being a big white barrier reminding me to turn right).

P.S. If anyone has a Chrome Silver paint chip they would like to part with I would be truly grateful if I were on the receiving end of said parting. We can try to do the save game duping thing or whatever it is that everyone talks about but I just want to paint my Miata chrome and I don't have a chip!
 
Last edited:
I was thinking about this before, but now that people are talking about how difficult it is to pull off a pass on Tsukuba...

What do you guys think about using the chicane?

It's normally reserved for motorcycles, but since we have fairly small cars with low hp we could do it. Racing the early A-Spec races with this car and being way better through corners than every car in those races I chose to go through it every lap to give them a fighting chance. It's doable, and it's a fun little corner.

I think it could add a little twist to the race and open up more opportunities for overtaking. But of course...we'd have to rely on the honor system because there's no way to keep people from taking the normal track.

Just a little idea I thought I'd throw out there. Next time anybody runs at Tsukuba just give it a shot and see what you think.

I like it.
 
Guys, I will have the official race room up and running by 8:15pm est.
GTP SpecMiata RACE

will post the code number here too. qualifying will start at 9:00. Get to the room as soon as you can so we can get an idea about head count. thanks.
 
Might be right at eating time, but ill try to be there ^
 
I'm on my way out the door at work now. Should be on in about 30-45 minutes depending on traffic.
 
Guys, I will have the official race room up and running by 8:15pm est.
GTP SpecMiata RACE

will post the code number here too. qualifying will start at 9:00. Get to the room as soon as you can so we can get an idea about head count. thanks.

I can't remember, did we have an official list for this practice race? I know I stated interest back when you announced it. I'm just wondering if we might end up with 2 rooms needed, and how they're going to be split up.

I'll be on in a few anyways :gtpflag:
 
OK I actually spelled Miata wrong... the Room is up. GTP Spec Miats race

1472-6118-3246-1229
 
Anyone else in the room? It's telling me the room isn't found.

Thanks!

Edit: - got in!
 
--I can't remember, did we have an official list for this practice race? I know I stated interest back when you announced it. I'm just wondering if we might end up with 2 rooms needed, and how they're going to be split up.--

Nothing official, just the guys in the series and possibly a few guys not in the series who have been driving with us here this week. Do have some ideas for the 2nd room if it comes to it. Just going to depend on how many and the A/B split.
 
Here's a little demo of something I whipped up in Photoshop for us. Turbo can go ahead and use this if he wants. I also have the group B, points table, and race schedule lined up but I'll only go ahead and do them if you want them :)

I excluded Dapper 'cause as far as I know he can't make it. I don't think we've heard anything from Daniel_C so I left him out too. I left Dovesniper in 'cause I'd be surprised as hell if he didn't make it.

This is all provisional so if anyone gets shuffled around I can easily edit people in or out. Which begs the question, if the list stays like this will two guys from group B move up?

Also let me know if there's any corrections to be made.

I was inspired by Graham and put the car nickname space in the car column so if you guys wanna go ahead and come up with names PM me them (along with any corrections - or if you get a mic) if you want them added.

So the way I did it is country flag, obviously. I have the GTP name in green and the PSN tag in grey italics (if the name's the same as their PSN tag it will just have the one name) along with a mic icon if you have a mic. Car livery/colors is obvious, let me know if you want anything brighter or darker xD. I assumed everyone's using the '89? And then the control, to my knowledge Sam's the only higher up out there using a DS3.

I have everything prepped in Photoshop for changes, layers and everything are completely interchangeable so don't hesitate to ask me to change anything at all, size, font, whatever. I can give you the raw .PSD file if you're familiar with photoshop too.

Group A Driver List
9DbVK.jpg
 
Last edited:
thats badass Warez, good work! I'm joining room right now
 
It's telling me room not found...
 
R1600 - Do a search for Trial Mountain - Skid Recovery off

Thats how I found it. Good luck!
 
sorry, typo'd that here is the correct one. almost full so if you can't get in post up

1472-6118-3787-3246-1229
 
Turbo, I've got a new color scheme, decided to go with an '89 instead of the '91 so now my colors are serengeti sand and bronze. Great race tonight even though I finished a lap down. I'm just no good at that Trial Mountain, never have been.
 
Great racing tonight! :gtpflag:

Some epic nose to tail action, it was a big Miats [sic] freight train out there 👍

There were a few bumps and bruises out there as to be expected in a spec race series, but overall the driving was pretty clean.

...speaking of bumps, sorry again EL_ZISSOU for bumping you out on the last lap. :guilty: I tried to avoid the contact after you got a bit loose in front of me, but I think I overestimated the grip of my tires after 29 laps and tagged your rear quarter.

Congrats to SAMHAIN85 on the win, 👍 it was well deserved after you battled back to catch me and Turbo in the closing laps.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back