GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only other way to resolve a group A and B situation is to have qualifying at every track. The top 12 make the show - the A main. The slowest 12 run the B main. Points go from 100, 99, 98 on down through the A and 90, 89, 88 through the B.

Wouldn't cut down on your concern over cheating though, so sorry if this comment wasn't totally helpful.
 
If you drop the points, then are you allowing others to join in random races? I wouldn't mind racing in your series, but cannot commit to every week at your current time. Have love practicing with you. Wouldn't mind joining a race if there is room and I wouldn't be screwing up anyone's points in a series. Let me know.

Anyone will be able to join. We'll be racing for three reasons:

- For XP
- For Credits
- To have fun

:)
 
Room up :
GTP Spec Miata
# 1472-6118-3615-5264-2700


Closed.
 
Last edited:
So can we settle this finally?

No points, and rooms based on my new list?

TT would you like to host room 2?


sure I'll host B. Still think you need to revamp your list though.
 
Wow! You guys went through so much in one night. My lawd. Seems like everything's been relegated back to the testing phase. That's fine. But since we're going to be experimenting then we should be trying out new things each time.

I'll think of other things tonight to provide for easier racing and having a good champ. structure.

We also don't know what the, hopefully, new update this month's going to add or change so maybe something will come along to make this whole thing more manageable. 'cause it's starting to seem like way too much work having to work around GT5's limitations.

But here's some SD live timing footage of the entire second race in Group A. It's in two parts. I only wanted the quality to be good enough to read the times, and that barely came through so it's all good xD.

I can record pretty much anything else so if anyone has a suggestion or request as to what I should record let me know.





No music either, yesss. Just sweet sweet metal and rubber clashing.
 
Hm... So it looks like my previous suggestion to open up a weekly practice session has spawned in one way or another. As long as a scheduled day for all of us to gather and race is set, I'm in whether there are points or not.

The rooming should be done on a first come first serve basis and, in all likely hood, a ROOM(not group)C may emerge. I remember the interest list used to be MUCH bigger than the two lists we have right now.
 
Last edited:
I remember the interest list used to be MUCH bigger than the two lists we have right now.

Yeah, but only enough people for two rooms sent in qualifying times. And right now, neither of these rooms is full.
 
Fair enough.

Ugh. Got back from some karting and now my head is hurting. Should I hit the gym or not under these conditions? :lol:
 
Karts would have been enough of a workout for me...
 
1:54.1 on indy.. how is everyone doing?
 
turbo can i ask something. was it necesary to change all things now in the midle of the championship? you might as well waited for the second session for changes to avoid all this fuss.
 
The reason for changes is because people were fussing...
 
turbo can i ask something. was it necesary to change all things now in the midle of the championship? you might as well waited for the second session for changes to avoid all this fuss.

sonic I think we've been over this before, and most of us agree this season is 'trial and error'. Notice how we didnt use mics the 1st race, 2nd race we did, penalties on, penalties off, different groups for A/B etc etc. Its one big experiment to find the best possible racing environment. If we dont try to make these adjustments now, I'm afraid the 2nd season will kick off with the same confusion there is now. What looks good on paper, may not have the same outcome come race day. Turbo is doing his best to please everyone, just sit back and enjoy the ride! 👍
 
well i dont have a problem running in group b. just want to race lol. so whats the final decision?
 
Last edited:
Decision is I haven't made a decision.
 
The way I see it, as long is there's a race to run in every week, I don't care what the rules are. I just wanna race, even if it's in 8th place every race.
 
1:54.1 on indy.. how is everyone doing?

I did 1:55.1.

I'm not too particularly fond of the track, though. lol. It seems like a chore to race on it when you're doing it by yourself. :yuck:
 
I've canceled the championship as of right now. The rest of the races will be run on schedule and for fun only. Anyone who wishes to participate can until the rooms are full. I will be the host for room one, and tt997 will be the host for room 2.
 
Last edited:
I don't think you'd need to figure out where people belong. Isn't it basically an open race session now with anyone being able to come race with us?
 
Honestly I'm not sure what to do. Losing interest in this fairly quickly over the last couple days.

Edit: no room assignments
 
This series is being overthought IMHO. If someone chose not to put the effort into the qualifier to reflect their actual abilities, then they are stuck with a boring parade for the duration of the season.

I really don't think the prizes were what was motivating anyone to push themselves in this series; for me it was the spirit of competition, and the chance to race against some clean fast racers :gtpflag:

Let's just let the series run out as scheduled without worrying about any prizes, penalties, cheating, etc. Good call Turbo 👍

I don't recall coming across such a group of clean fast racers in all of the online races I did in GT5P. That in itself makes this series a massive success! At the end of the day this is a game. Games are meant to be fun!

I'll be continuing regardless of how this is structured, see you at Indy :cheers:
 
What Egghead said.

I'm sure the SCCA had their own issues to be worked out classing cars for autocross in a similar fashion with people speaking up and such.

Hopefully after this sunday we can reignite the passion you brought in to the series. Let's ride it out for now and see wassup! 👍
 
This series is being overthought IMHO. If someone chose not to put the effort into the qualifier to reflect their actual abilities, then they are stuck with a boring parade for the duration of the season.

I really don't think the prizes were what was motivating anyone to push themselves in this series; for me it was the spirit of competition, and the chance to race against some clean fast racers :gtpflag:

Let's just let the series run out as scheduled without worrying about any prizes, penalties, cheating, etc. Good call Turbo 👍

I don't recall coming across such a group of clean fast racers in all of the online races I did in GT5P. That in itself makes this series a massive success! At the end of the day this is a game. Games are meant to be fun!

I'll be continuing regardless of how this is structured, see you at Indy :cheers:
i agree m8 100 %👍
 
Honestly I'm not sure what to do. Losing interest in this fairly quickly over the last couple days.

Edit: no room assignments

Turbo, set a HP / weight / models / tires limit and thats it - let the rest play out and make your life simpler.
 
Points or no points I will try to make as many races as possible. The positive to no points is if you miss a race you don't feel like you've ruined the entire championship.

Thanks again for your hard work Turbo, again I'm good with what ever direction to decide to take this series in. I'm having a great time trying to keep up with the field.

Cheers!
 
Too many cooks in the kitchen. Wow. This is too bad, but understandable. Sorry this had to happen Turbo, and thanks for all your effort.

I will still try to make the races, but as they fall right at the time my wife and I usually eat on Sundays, I might not make as many now. She was not happy with me after the race this last Sunday. I will continue to look for all of you when I am on, for Spec Miata fun, though.

One thing is for sure. Meet some cool people from this series. 👍
 
Next season is shaping up like this:

- One room with 16 drivers
- Fixed sport suspension
- Medium sport tires
- different tracks (save Laguna)
- pre-race qualifying
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back