GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,252 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
That might have come out wrong... if there are 2 cars limping around to find the pits because one mangled the other then there is every reason to get that hard core for the protagonist of that limping.

Your room I guess, do what you want. I think A's drivers know well enough that things like that shouldn't happen. (unless you're EL_ZISSOU) ;) kidding...
 
There are rare cases where driver B rear ends driver A by accident because driver A got on the brakes a little sooner than driver B would have. Then you have an angry driver (A) and a booted driver (B) when it was just a racing accident which caused BOTH cars to limp all the way around to the pits.
 
In racing, the lead driver has the right of way at all times. In your scenario B is to blame but it is up to both A and B to determine if they can work it out peacefully or it goes to protest mode.
 
Your room I guess, do what you want. I think A's drivers know well enough that things like that shouldn't happen. (unless you're EL_ZISSOU) ;) kidding...

Yeah.... nice thought... but I cam up with this idea based on things that happened to me racing in A.
 
In racing, the lead driver has the right of way at all times. In your scenario B is to blame but it is up to both A and B to determine if they can work it out peacefully or it goes to protest mode.

I understand what you are saying, but I dropped the points to make things easier on us. Adding all this protest stuff in just negates that.
 
Yep, but Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost both utilized this tactic and I want to be just like them when I grow up. :dunce:

Edit: OK I am done. I will stop being an idiot. It's late in the work day and I am procrastinating.

P.S. GREAT NEWS! Starting this year Formula 1 is going to broadcast in HD!

Well the first time it was Ayrton that was on the lin because he was behind in points at the deciding race at Suzuka. Senna tried an overtake going into the last chicane and Prost would not let up, Senna knowing this because Prost specifically stated it. He took Prost out but ept going. He was DQ'd after he ran the rest of the race and winning it. He then lost out the title to Prost. He would've been four times WDC.

Second time it came down to the last race in Suzuka again but with Senna with more points. They both stated they were not gonna simply make room for their team mate to pass and so they didn't. First turn they lock wheels and they're done, not even getting started - and Senna's champion.

It was one of the more interesting rivalries in F1 in that both drivers were so spectacularly different in their driving style, philosophy and attitude. They ended up respecting eachother highly. And it's funny how when Prosts moved to Ferrari they never again had as much heat going.

So not exactly a tactic more than an epic set of dudes that were like stone pillars of "Ah hell no you're not"

Do you watch F1? I've been my whole life. I have the BBC Abu Dhabi in upscaled HD which was a treat to watch, everything looked so good at night.

But real HD should be nice, I wonder if Speed's gonna carry it.

I'll be there in room B on Sunday, should be a lot of fun.
 
Just curious, how many are OK with the new Group lists? I know tt997 is opposed, but only a couple other people said anything...
 
Just curious, how many are OK with the new Group lists? I know tt997 is opposed, but only a couple other people said anything...

Dude, I'm not opposed. I asked to be in B. I just couldn't understand how Spyhunter-a past poduim winner in this series was in B? Not because I didn
't want to race with him, because I thought for sure he was A group material-whatever that means.
 
Do you watch F1? I've been my whole life. I have the BBC Abu Dhabi in upscaled HD which was a treat to watch, everything looked so good at night.

But real HD should be nice, I wonder if Speed's gonna carry it.

I'll be there in room B on Sunday, should be a lot of fun.


I too have been watching my whole life but I have only been to one race. However, being born in September of 1983, I really only remember the latter half of Senna's career. It's funny though, some of the earliest memories I can recall are details from F1 and CART races. I just started reading Tom Rubython's new James Hunt's biography, Shunt: The Story of James Hunt and I really, really want to see Asif Kapadia's Senna.

This year will hopefully be another great season. I was surprised to see Narain Karthikeyan getting another ride but I assume he is probably bringing a lot of sponsorship money with him. No Kimi, oh he who still thinks he is a rally driver. Did you see Alonso's new conquistador look? I know he is not your favorite so you might find it kind of funny.
168812_10150098156975769_58201805768_6070190_3160675_n.jpg


I'm eagerly awaiting the unveilings of 12 new cars set to occur during the next month!

I'll stop stealing the thread.
 
I was happy with the new lists. I'd rather be at the bottom of A than the top of B. More motivation to get faster.

Edit: That's a great mo on Alonso. He looks like a porn star with a bad haircut.
 
-
 
Last edited:
Dudes and any Dudettes,

Room is up: 1472-4711-0081-4390-9922




Dude, I'm not opposed. I asked to be in B. I just couldn't understand how Spyhunter-a past poduim winner in this series was in B? Not because I didn
't want to race with him, because I thought for sure he was A group material-whatever that means.

Ummmm, tt you should check Turbo's list again because the way I read it Spyhunter is in Group A. Correct me if I am wrong.

Screw it, here's the list:

Room A:
  • iamjamen
  • R1600Turbo
  • EL_ZISSOU
  • Egghead43
  • SpecMiata-JSW
  • vanos2990
  • LVSX4MZ3
  • Samhain85
  • filphil89
  • GrahamTurismo
  • Dr Wankel
  • Imari
  • Spyhunter

Room B
  • Wardez
  • Jay_B_II
  • motortrend
  • sonic-_-89b
  • AlGreene71
  • apradel
  • anorexicroadstr
  • tt997
  • fitftw
  • the stig14
  • tsnacks
  • Duke
  • kona309
  • adeadsnipermatt

filphil: Based on your current points tally, you would be in Room A.
 
Last edited:
I may be in a little later if the room is still up.
 
Just curious, how many are OK with the new Group lists? I know tt997 is opposed, but only a couple other people said anything...

I was bummed when I read the list 'cause I won't be racing with some of the guys I've started to befriend. But I got over it when I thought about the last two races. I'm fine racing in B for the rest of this test season. And if I don't at least stay on top of B's results I'll know I wasn't cut out for A after all so it'll have been the right call from you.

I too have been watching my whole life but I have only been to one race. However, being born in September of 1983.

This year will hopefully be another great season. I was surprised to see Narain Karthikeyan getting another ride but I assume he is probably bringing a lot of sponsorship money with him.
I'm eagerly awaiting the unveilings of 12 new cars set to occur during the next month!

Yeah I'm definitely excited for this season. I was born in '87 so I really don't have any clear memories of the races back then. I do remember Senna winning in '92 for some reason and then his death.

Lol @ Alonso with Rossi. I was a fan in '05-'06 but when he pulled that crap on Lewis in the pits and talked wayy too much then I started to want to see him have bad luck. After that it just got worse (Singapore, China, Hockenheim etc.)
Anyway, I can't wait to see the cars either! I've heard you can actually hear KERS being activated somehow now so the tests are gonna be riveting.

And yeah, I'll PM you later.
 
So seeing how there will only be one room next season will there be a tryout for the spots again?
 
Will have to be. Or we can run on a race-by-race basis. Hold qualifying a day or two before and whoever the top 16 are, get into the race. NASCAR style! :D
 
Will have to be. Or we can run on a race-by-race basis. Hold qualifying a day or two before and whoever the top 16 are, get into the race. NASCAR style! :D

YES! Everyone gets two laps.
 
I love it! Now have to figure out the best way to go about that...

I came up with a scheme of doing quali. in race mode rather than free run. That way you could save replays and monitor it a bit more consistently.

Only draw back is the draft thing. Which is why you'd limit it to only five cars at a time and make sure they're spread out evenly.

What do you think? There's more but I gotta run to work now, buh-bye!
 
Room is down: 1472-4711-0081-4390-9922
 
What about this. If only one person is on track, can the host start the race? If so, will everyone be in the race, or only the one person that is currently on track?
 
Hey guys, I would definitely like to join the league!
 
What about this. If only one person is on track, can the host start the race? If so, will everyone be in the race, or only the one person that is currently on track?

only person on track will race.

lol talk about pressure having 15 other people staring at you hoping you smash into a wall.
 
Awesome. I think I found our solution. :lol:
 
Everyone could enter a race, but one person would have to watch the live timing monitor.
 
^that sounds like a stellar idea! 👍 :)


Ps, here is my info, per some of the earlier posts on the thread that I've seen:

Member: weavty1
PSN: tylorweaver
Region: Atlanta, GA - USA
Equipment: DS3
Body: Chalkboard Green
Wheels: Color-Shift Green

:D
 
No, I'm talking on car on the track, two at the most.
 
How bout every week there is a qualifier for group A the way you mentioned turbo. The people that dont make it one of them decided to become the host for the week and they race same day, same time as group A but for no points. That way you only have to deal with points and disputes from one group but they others that way signed up and willing to play still get to race for fun, cuz after all we are doing this for fun :).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back