GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,252 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next season is shaping up like this:

- One room with 16 drivers
- Fixed sport suspension
- Medium sport tires
- different tracks (save Laguna)
- pre-race qualifying

This will work. It will be exclusive, and since thats the case I will surely put a better entry qualification time for it. Less tuning bias's to level the field = I like. I always prefer driving a bone stock car 110%, than a modded car to 90%.

I entered this event for: Fun, and close spec style racing with my fellow racing enthusiasts(everyone here).
 
Last edited:
I think what we just witnessed here was a mini version of why new religions and countries were started/founded.

(Edit: Not because everyone wanted to race their Spec Miatas, but because of the whole "it should be this way" thing.)

On that note, I'll see all of you and and your shiny hot-rods at the Brickyard. :)

P.S. Everyone knows George Washington drove (drived) a Dodge Challenger. I saw it on TV so it has to be true.
 
Last edited:
The positive to no points is if you miss a race you don't feel like you've ruined the entire championship.
The down side is that people lose the motivation to compete since there is no longer a competition.

The point is to have fun, sure... but isn't that what everyone has been doing (on an almost nightly basis) during the week? Everybody has a good time practicing and then when race time comes around it's serious business. Now with the races not being a competition of any sort, where is the drive to even bother? Especially regarding those that cannot make the Sunday race, now since it's not any kind of official race then they can just join up in one of the rooms that goes up any weeknight and have a good time.

So basically instead of having any kind of actual race series, at this point this thread has basically just brought a bunch of good clean racers together to have a fun time... and that is just fine. 👍
 
Next season is shaping up like this:

- One room with 16 drivers
- Fixed sport suspension
- Medium sport tires
- different tracks (save Laguna)
- pre-race qualifying

Unfortunately with only a room I am out. But I understand that manage 2 rooms (and points lists) is too much complicated.

I'm enjoying the experience. The quality of racing in the serie is at least at iRacing level and I'll participate in practics as much as I can.

Thanks Turbo
 
Unfortunately with only a room I am out. But I understand that manage 2 rooms (and points lists) is too much complicated.

I'm enjoying the experience. The quality of racing in the serie is at least at iRacing level and I'll participate in practics as much as I can.

Thanks Turbo

We're going to one room next season. The last few races will still be two rooms. (if I have a second host)
 
The down side is that people lose the motivation to compete since there is no longer a competition.

Bragging rights are enough for me and most others to still have a heated competition.
 
Bragging rights are enough for me and most others to still have a heated competition.

Agreed...this and pride in your driving when you have a great session behind the wheel. I am all for points but no points makes it easier to not have to participate in every race. I only mentioned no points because I thought that was the direction Turbo was heading.

See you dudes on the track soon!
 
We're going to one room next season. The last few races will still be two rooms. (if I have a second host)

Yeah, I told you I'd take room B dude.

The other thing-- and you aren't going to like it---but you can't cave in and just quit. This is your show! PERIOD. If some people racing in your series don't like the rules then they can just not race in your series. I don't understand the issue there. You created something cool here now grow a pair and run it however you want to run it.

-You don't like the cheating? then do something to detect or prevent the cheating
-you don't like the course cutting? then make a statement regarding course cutting
-you don't like people punting each other off the track? then make a statement regarding penalties for punting people.

You want group A and Group B to be how you listed?- then Keep them how you listed them.

If people don't like this then they can leave. Not a day goes by when we don't meet someone new online eager to take the spot that someone left vacant.


So Ante up... tell me what you want to do? I'll take B and it will be run with clear and steadfast rules that will support a great racing experience for everyone who wants to join with the overall single goal of it being, FUN, clean and considerate.
 
well put TT! That being said....Ill jump in on any available group B spot, I enjoyed just being able to practice with you guys so Im sure the racing would be a blast too. Hell Just grab group B and run it as it as a separate series and the top racers from B can run a shootout with the top on A and the end of the season.

Anyhow I hope to see ya on the track soon.
 
I'm also interested in this. If there are any available spots open PLEASE let me know because this sounds like an awesome idea!
 
Just show up to either room on Sunday and you can race.

If we're worried about punting each other off the track, maybe we should turn up damage to heavy. :D I bet people will stay off each other then...
 
Just show up to either room on Sunday and you can race.

If we're worried about punting each other off the track, maybe we should turn up damage to heavy. :D I bet people will stay off each other then...

Cool...Sunday at what time? Are you hosting this in your private lounge or will you have public rooms set up?
 
If we're worried about punting each other off the track, maybe we should turn up damage to heavy. :D I bet people will stay off each other then...

Nope, I am gunning for you Turbo. I must break you! (Imagine Ivan Drago voice)
 
Cool...Sunday at what time? Are you hosting this in your private lounge or will you have public rooms set up?

Schedule on first post. Room numbers will be posted when they are open.

Nope, I am gunning for you Turbo. I must break you! (Imagine Ivan Drago voice)

Taking yourself out in the process. :sly:
 
Schedule on first post. Room numbers will be posted when they are open.

Ok thanks. Didn't see it...are the rules still the same as on the first post or have they changed?
 
Taking yourself out in the process. :sly:

Yep, but Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost both utilized this tactic and I want to be just like them when I grow up. :dunce:

Edit: OK I am done. I will stop being an idiot. It's late in the work day and I am procrastinating.

P.S. GREAT NEWS! Starting this year Formula 1 is going to broadcast in HD!
 
Last edited:
Ok thanks. Didn't see it...are the rules still the same as on the first post or have they changed?

I might make some changes tonight. Keep an eye on the first post.

Everyone in favor of heavy damage say aye.

Aye!
 
I might make some changes tonight. Keep an eye on the first post.

Everyone in favor of heavy damage say aye.

Aye!

👍=Aye!
 
AYE!! Turbo, i agree with TT. run it how you want. i especialy like the idea of 2 seperate series with a shoot out at the end. Like the MLB.
 
Aye to heavy damage.

But also Aye to specific action against drivers who are punted off the track by another driver.

Group B will have this protest option available and if the incident can't be worked out by the two drivers then the host will decide if the driver causing the incident will get DQ'd on that race. But not going out watching hours of replay video, you have to bring it up on your own.
 
Aye!

Sometimes is not fair and sometimes is frustating, but I like this point of fear.

If we have a B group (official or not) I will be there.
 
so who wants to drive? room open- 1472 6399 9009 5380 5370
 
Aye to heavy damage.

But also Aye to specific action against drivers who are punted off the track by another driver.

Group B will have this protest option available and if the incident can't be worked out by the two drivers then the host will decide if the driver causing the incident will get DQ'd on that race. But not going out watching hours of replay video, you have to bring it up on your own.

I think having to limp around the track to get back to the pits to repair the damage is penalty enough for your actions. We don't need to get that hard-core.
 
That might have come out wrong... if there are 2 cars limping around to find the pits because one mangled the other then there is every reason to get that hard core for the protagonist of that limping.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back