GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,250 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, not sure if youre taking new members but id love to join if you are! Info is as follows:

Member: aarror
PSN: I_powerslide
Region: West coast, Canada
Equiptment: G27
Body: Sunburst Yellow
Wheels: Black
 
Hey, just quick before my break's over:

How would you set the order of who goes out to qualify first and such? I guess you could just ask, "Ok now who wants to go next?" But I think it might also be cool for you to somehow blindly pick a name and make it random. Only problem there would be that if different people keep coming in then it could get conplicated.

You could just number people as you see them come in. So if a handful jump in at once you just write their name down real quick with a number for their turn.

How does Nascar order it?

Also, to be clear,you meant a driver only gets one flying lap right? The first drive around from the pits counts as one?
 
Out lap is the warm up, then first time past the start/finish is when your hot lap starts.

I figure I'll just randomly pick people and tell them when to go.
 
Is this still open to anyone or is it back to the original racers?
 
R1600turbo i love the idea of settling this thing like this. It make things more interesting and fair. good job m8 :) also can anyone enlight me if engine restoration and chassis restoration affect at all?
 
also can anyone enlight me if engine restoration and chassis restoration affect at all?

The restoration feature is supposed to rebuild a vehicle that has a noticeable performance drop due to the accumulation of a significant amount of mileage. An example of this being, your SM has only 136hp after an oil change when the max had previously been 138hp.

I find that they aren't really necessary until around the 4,000 mile mark on the odo but because the combined cost to perform both restorations on a Miata is <$20,000 I typically do both before each race.
 
Hey, not sure if youre taking new members but id love to join if you are! Info is as follows:

Member: aarror
PSN: I_powerslide
Region: West coast, Canada
Equiptment: G27
Body: Sunburst Yellow
Wheels: Black

Is this still open to anyone or is it back to the original racers?

We do have one spot open, plus a couple people that might not be able to make it on Sunday. So a couple people can join in if they please.
 
Don't change the whole schedule for me guys. I've had fun and will still practice race with you guys.

Saturday nights are tough for me sometimes, for example this Saturday is my 6 year anniversary and we've got dinner plans. I don't want to mess that up. :)

I have also problems Saturdays. Sometimes we have dinner out with the kids and arrive late, plus often we go out all weekend.

But please, also don´t touch the schedule for me.

Will be acceptable don´t qualy and run in group B with 0 points? I you found it lazy or unfair I agree. A lot of fun just practicing with yours!
 
I'm going to leave the qualifying schedule as it is, but you guys can still race. You'll just have to race in Room B.
 
Hey R, thanks for all the recent work and good decisions. :cheers:

I noticed you awarded 32 instead of 33 points to the race winners thus far. I didn't notice if you missed anything else; probably not since I believe the remaining positions were separated by one point.

Also, I have one more piece of input, which I believe has already been suggested: 3 laps total instead of 2 for qualifying. If you only allow 1 hot lap, you're going to create a significantly inaccurate starting grid. 2 hot laps will bring that margin for error down quite a bit, and make for a smoother race start and first couple of laps, with less potential for early accidents.
 
I noticed you awarded 32 instead of 33 points to the race winners thus far. I didn't notice if you missed anything else; probably not since I think the remaining positions were separated by one point.

All the points are still there. I'm giving one bonus point to the winner of each race, making the total amount they can earn 33 points. In the table I separated that bonus point and put it into the "bonus" column. 👍

I think three qualifying laps is fair. I'll make the first page change.
 
All the points are still there. I'm giving one bonus point to the winner of each race, making the total amount they can earn 33 points. In the table I separated that bonus point and put it into the "bonus" column. 👍

Oooh now I see. I haz a stupid :O

I think three qualifying laps is fair. I'll make the first page change.

thank-you2.jpg
 
Hey Spec I see you're on right now.

Is there no way at all you can qualify on Sunday? I'd hate to see your third place position in the points be ruined by that. If you can even log on for a few minutes just to put down a couple quick laps would help you in the long run.
 
I can generally log on and qualify during my sons nap time, usually between 12:30 and 1:30 eastern.

I hate to burden you though...thanks for the thought!

I'm going to send you a PM too. Cheers!
 
Open at 1472-6118-4259-7710-2081 for practice over the next hour or so.
 
3 laps= ~6 minutes x 20 people = About 2 hours of qualifying.
 
I ain't got nuthin' else to do. :D
 
Arghh :( Just a moment too late, I suppose lol

'Room cannot be found'
 


Warez and nethereal gave me some info about how to capture gt5 gameplay, i had a capture card similiar to what they were using and tired it out last night. What a fkn headache. This clip is 1.5GB and took 2.5 hours to upload. I was really hoping I couldve been able to record our races 'live', since you cant change views in the replay (bumper/cockpit view). So thats pretty much not gonna happen, and I cant get it with color either.
 
Warez and nethereal gave me some info about how to capture gt5 gameplay, i had a capture card similiar to what they were using and tired it out last night. What a fkn headache. This clip is 1.5GB and took 2.5 hours to upload. I was really hoping I couldve been able to record our races 'live', since you cant change views in the replay (bumper/cockpit view). So thats pretty much not gonna happen, and I cant get it with color either.

Ditto!! I second that question!! 👍
 
Indy practice room up

1472-6118-3658-4755-2707
 
Be there in a few!
 
This clip is 1.5GB and took 2.5 hours to upload. I was really hoping I couldve been able to record our races 'live', since you cant change views in the replay (bumper/cockpit view). So thats pretty much not gonna happen, and I cant get it with color either.
Are you using dial-up? :lol:

I'll follow JSW to Indy 👍
 
Track is so goddam nostalgic, it makes me remember back to when I was a lad playing the Time Trial demo on my atari in the snow uphill both ways.

I'm looking for some general tuning advice. What would I modify to even out my tyre wear? My fronts are wearing faster than the rears, and I think it's causing me problems later in the race. I'm not that keen on fiddling with settings then running ten laps to check if it's working and rinse repeat when I'm not even sure if I'm doing the right thing...
 
I'm having lots of trouble finding a good setup for indy road, i know you probably dont want to give away your secrets but could somebody atleast point me in the right direction. And just checking, qualifying is sunday 4pm Eastern time, 1 pm for me in the pacific right?
 
Feel free to try either of these and see if they get you in the ballpark.

Ride height F-15 R-15
Springs F12.5 R5.8
Extention F10 R4
Compression F1 R4
Swaybars F1 R7
Camber F-2.0 R-0.5
Toe F-1.0 R-1.0


Ride height F-5 R-15
Springs pF12.5 R5.8
Extention F8 R5
Compression F6 R4
Swaybars F2 R5
Camber F-2.0 R-1.5
Toe F-0.5 R-0.5
 
Thanks for the tight racing tonight SamHain, Dapper, and Egghead. The Chick cars are fun at Indy. That is all.

:cheers:
 
Sorry I didn't join tonight guys, doing some testing for next season. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back