GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,250 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tight racing tonight SamHain, Dapper, and Egghead. The Chick cars are fun at Indy. That is all.

:cheers:

Yep, good times! 👍

The beach on the outside of turn 11 was nice :grumpy:

500px-Indianapolis_Motor_Speedway_-_road_course.svg.png


Was trying to keep it flat through there as I'm losing time in the last sector. Didn't work :(

Managed a 1'53.200 trying to catch you and Dapper after digging myself out of the sand, which is my best lap so far. It looks like the all important draft will play a big role at this race.
 
Just so everyone knows. Fixed suspension and Medium tires get's you around the 1:56 mark at Indy. Just for comparison sake. :)
 
Turbo, does the car understeer like a tractor with that setup?
 
I only had time for 1 race last night, but spec and I had an awesome battle. It seems like everyone time you and I are on the track this always happens. I ditched the capture card idea, so I just used my camera. Skip to the end if you want to see the epic finish. And if the music sounds a little off, its because I had to change the 'pitch' of the songs, since the youtube nazis wouldnt let me upload it normally. Enjoy!
 
Turbo, does the car understeer like a tractor with that setup?

Depends on the track really. I did some testing at GVE last night and it was pretty neutral. I didn't spend much time at Indy with that setup, because we will not be returning to that track next season.
 
Depends on the track really. I did some testing at GVE last night and it was pretty neutral. I didn't spend much time at Indy with that setup, because we will not be returning to that track next season.

:sadpanda:
 
I think you guys will like the track schedule for next season. It's not 100% official at the moment though, still need to do some testing.
 
:lol: .... Sadpanda!??? Hahahaha, too hilarious!

Ps, when and how can I get onto the active roster/standings? Even if I AM three races behind for the season thus far? Lol :)

Thanks guys!!!
 
What is a good time for indy? i dont know the track very well and i think im way off the pace at 1:57.89, what times have people been getting?
 
:lol: .... Sadpanda!??? Hahahaha, too hilarious!

Ps, when and how can I get onto the active roster/standings? Even if I AM three races behind for the season thus far? Lol :)

Thanks guys!!!

Qualifying for Indy is tomorrow at 4pm Eastern. :)
 
What is a good time for indy? i dont know the track very well and i think im way off the pace at 1:57.89, what times have people been getting?

I was managing to pull off mid-1:55's to low-1:56's on med-sport tires.. Using a mild suspension setup.. Oh, and my DS3 of course 👍 lol

But, keep in mind man, throttle modulation/smooth turn-in's are key for this track! You've gotta really use every square inch the track! ;)



Ps, thanks for the heads-up Turbo!! :) I'm there!
 
I was managing to pull off mid-1:55's to low-1:56's on med-sport tires.. Using a mild suspension setup.. Oh, and my DS3 of course 👍 lol

But, keep in mind man, throttle modulation/smooth turn-in's are key for this track! You've gotta really use every square inch the track! ;)

Ps, thanks for the heads-up Turbo!! :) I'm there!

Just a heads up, you're still allowed to use Sport Soft tires the rest of this season. ;)
 
Just a heads up, you're still allowed to use Sport Soft tires the rest of this season. ;)

Oh wow! 👍 haha, I think my times miiiiiight just improve, then a little! ;) lol, thanks Turbo! :dopey:
 
What is a good time for indy? i dont know the track very well and i think im way off the pace at 1:57.89, what times have people been getting?

Just managed a 1'53.002 today, but I think it was Spec Miata that hit a 1'52.6xx last night, he's crazy fast 👍

There seems to be quite a range of times at Indy from what I've seen in the practice rooms, and a race is quite different from a fastest lap. Tire wear is going to be a huge factor again, so if you're burning off your tires it's going to get very challenging later in the race. Just aim to be smooth and all will be good :gtpflag:
 
1:52!?!?!?! thats incredible, im consistently in the high 1:57s, low 1:58s, my best is 1:57.2, im way off on this track
 
I'm pretty sure our suspension limitations for next season will close up the field considerably.
 
I think you guys will like the track schedule for next season. It's not 100% official at the moment though, still need to do some testing.

Just a suggestion before you lock everything down: How about a night race, or a rain race to mix things up a bit? Or even better, a nighttime rain race :lol:
 
Night or rain sounds great to me, it would be tons of fun and leave no room for error. What time is the race tomorrow, i know qualifying is 4ET, but what about the race itself.
 
Night or rain sounds great to me, it would be tons of fun and leave no room for error. What time is the race tomorrow, i know qualifying is 4ET, but what about the race itself.

It's actually at 6:30pm EST. The first page is wrong....just noticed.
 
So to clarify.. we are still using full suspension right?
 
No car changes are being made until next season.
 
I'm actually going to buy another car here shortly and spec it out per the rules for next season. Should be a hoot. :D

Edit: Would anyone be opposed to making some drastic changes to the schedule for season two? I'm thinking more races (8 total), shorter in length (~ 30 mins.), and spread out to every-other Sunday. (instead of every Sunday)
 
Last edited:
It's actually at 6:30pm EST. The first page is wrong....just noticed.

I'll fix that up tonight. I'll update the Nurb. Race 2 and change the format to fit the new quali. style.
I'm actually going to buy another car here shortly and spec it out per the rules for next season. Should be a hoot. :D

Edit: Would anyone be opposed to making some drastic changes to the schedule for season two? I'm thinking more races (8 total), shorter in length (~ 30 mins.), and spread out to every-other Sunday. (instead of every Sunday)

That would work. It would be nice to kep an enduro or two around though.

The more races the better though. But that's a long season, something like 4 months? Should be epic.


Also, RT. I just checked the ranking on GT&. And wow, are you ready to go to thebig show? Looks like you'll more than likely get trhoug. Good on you.
 
Also, RT. I just checked the ranking on GT&. And wow, are you ready to go to thebig show? Looks like you'll more than likely get trhoug. Good on you.

You never did the results for Nurburgring either. ;)

Yeah, I knew I could make it to the second round for GTA. I *might* make round three, but no way I see myself going to the finals. :crazy:
 
Shorter races are no bueno.. with the new suspension setups we should keep tighter packs and it won't be as boring.
 
Shorter races = tighter packs. No?
 
Yes but wouldn't a longer race with the same pack be even more fun lol?
 
Longer races tend to spread everyone out. Hopefully the car changes for next season will change that, but I think shorter races will be more fun. We'll still have a few endurance races. 👍
 
Yeah, I knew I could make it to the second round for GTA. I *might* make round three, but no way I see myself going to the finals. :crazy:

Don't sell yourself short Turbo! Some of the most successful people I've met are slightly delusional :) (they believe they can do something even though you might not have otherwise thought they could).
If you can't convince yourself, how are you going to convince others? :lol:

You're plenty fast, all it takes now is a bit of luck and timing to be in the right place at the right time.

At least you're in the right place (not Canada :lol:)!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back