GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok after reading these post's I see I have a lot of work to do. I think the best I ran when I practiced on my own was some high 1:06's, but mostly 1:07's.
 
Jeez Graham, I leave the room in your hands and you forget to keep the thread abreast of the room's situation. Failure. :dopey:
Hey man, you're the one that got home after picking up your GF and then you just BAILED without saying a word. I hope you had 'better things to do!' :O:tup:

Besides... I wasn't in control. I was 3rd on the list. The other guy was asking if I had any pointers for camber and toe adjustments. I told him I had nothing to offer. I was waiting for you to get back so you could help he and I both! I was running 4 seconds off your pace no matter what I tried. :ouch:
 
I just left the same setup from Indy on the car, which feels great but isn't "fast". It is consistent though. Think I'll do a bunch of laps tonight and see what tire wear is like.
 
I just left the same setup from Indy on the car, which feels great but isn't "fast". It is consistent though. Think I'll do a bunch of laps tonight and see what tire wear is like.
Get ready for major front-left tire wear.. Lol, meanwhile you're at about 80% good on your rears, and your fronts are in the red. :sick:

HOWEVER, this was after 30laps or so.. Haha, we're only running 25, right? We should be plenty fine! No pits needed, whatsoever.

💡 OH!! And a fun, little factoid... I found out that my SpecMiata gets approximately 22.43mpg (US gal), over the course of my 210 lap enduro, I ran at Tsukuba, the other night.. 👍

:lol:
 
💡 OH!! And a fun, little factoid... I found out that my SpecMiata gets approximately 22.43mpg (US gal), over the course of my 210 lap enduro, I ran at Tsukuba, the other night.. 👍

:lol:

Cool. My real Spec Miata only gets 10 miles per gallon with me driving around with the revs almost always above 4,000 rpms.

I realy wish that the game would let us pick how full to have the tank at the start of a race. Would be fun to gamble the right amount for 25 laps.
 
HOWEVER, this was after 30laps or so.. Haha, we're only running 25, right?

The race is scheduled for 30 laps but I think we should bump it to 35 laps so we are closer to that 40 minute mark Turbo was shooting for at the beginning of the season. I would even be down with 40 or 45 laps to make it a tire war because there won't be much (clean) passing taking place.

Edit: I did a 30 lap stint last night for some tire testing and the time flew by. Didn't even feel like 30 laps because the laps are so quick and you are always busy.
 
This race was scheduled as a "shootout" with a quicker finish. I made it shorter on purpose.
 
This race was scheduled as a "shootout" with a quicker finish. I made it shorter on purpose.

Gotcha. I guess I better go find some more speed.



On a more personal note, haha, since I am still excited about my new purchase, I thought I would let everyone know that I am once again a Mazda vehicle owner. I just bought a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT over the weekend. Last Mazda I owned was a 323 GTX which I still miss but hopefully this car will give me as many fond memories as that little hot hatch did.
 
Last edited:
Gotcha. I guess I better go find some more speed.



On a more personal note, haha, since I am still excited about my new purchase, I thought I would let everyone know that I am once again a Mazda vehicle owner. I just bought a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT over the weekend. Last Mazda I owned was a 323 GTX which I still miss but hopefully this car will give me as many fond memories as that little hot hatch did.
👍 👍

Niiiice man, so you got the one you went and looked at, then? :)
That's great man, congrats! :dopey:
 
Cool. My real Spec Miata only gets 10 miles per gallon with me driving around with the revs almost always above 4,000 rpms.

I realy wish that the game would let us pick how full to have the tank at the start of a race. Would be fun to gamble the right amount for 25 laps.
👍 Yeah, I USED to have a Spec Miata myself, but was forced to get rid of my whole setup, when I was laid off earlier last year.. :indiff:

Sooooooon, I will rise again!!!! *face painted like Braveheart* :lol:
 
And a fun, little factoid... I found out that my SpecMiata gets approximately 22.43mpg (US gal)
Cool. My real Spec Miata only gets 10 miles per gallon with me driving around with the revs almost always above 4,000 rpms.
Fun little factoid: EVERY car in GT5 is equipped with a magical 100L fuel tank. :ouch:
 
Ok got my car ready, kind of... just need to go break in the engine and fine tune the suspension. It is orange with black wheel. Who do I need to send friend requests to?
 
Is it cool if I hop on this series for the last couple of races? :)
 
Room is up:

1472-6118-4216-8214-3689
 
Ok got my car ready, kind of... just need to go break in the engine and fine tune the suspension. It is orange with black wheel. Who do I need to send friend requests to?

Can you pick another color? We already have two orange cars, a third would get confusing.

Is it cool if I hop on this series for the last couple of races? :)

That's fine, just make sure you know the schedule and keep track of how things happen. This season is a test season, so things change daily.
 
Room is up:

1472-6118-4216-8214-3689
Had fun tonight, guys 👍

Sorry about my damn connection though.. Damnit, twice!!! :lol:
 
Can you pick another color? We already have two orange cars, a third would get confusing.


Sure, I thought orange would be a not very used color. I will look through my chips and find another color by sunday.
 
Sure, I thought orange would be a not very used color. I will look through my chips and find another color by sunday.

Colors we're missing: Dark green, yellow, dark red, dark grays, etc.
 
Colors we're missing: Dark green, yellow, dark red, dark grays, etc.

Actually, i have yellow, but i dont really mind if theres 2 yellow cars
 
Actually, i have yellow, but i dont really mind if theres 2 yellow cars

Different shades of each color is mainly what I am looking for. Variety is good. 👍
 
Hurray for 2000 posts!
 
Good practice races last night. 👍

Last one of the night Brosif got me by .037 or something. Was super close.
 
Hence the reason why you can't just 'give up' when everybody is up in arms about penalties/cheaters/points/etc. ;)

Spec Miata is by far the most popular organized event for GT5 online. 👍
 
Hence the reason why you can't just 'give up' when everybody is up in arms about penalties/cheaters/points/etc. ;)

Spec Miata is by far the most popular organized event for GT5 online. 👍
INDEED 👍

Y'all certainly caught MY attention! :)
 
Just so everyone knows, I am having Wardez make up a new image for the January 30th race. I have moved it to the following weekend because of a certain "football game". ;)
 
:lol: and what football game, is this that you speak of....? And what is 'foot ball'? Lol ;)
 
Do you guys mind if I run reflex purple? :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back