GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAMNNNN. That's insane. Talk about a mishap!! Jesus! :lol: :lol:
 
GranTurismo needs to get on the ball with "real" damage like this!

This is for Jamin, I hope this never happens to your crx :sly:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0TxZFDLa3w


youtube linker wouldnt work..

Ouch! Now one thing I did notice though is that the video camera operator must be a real racing fan because I know I would have stopped on the crash but he followed the other car down to the line.

I'd have to say I know I would stop at the train wreck and gawk instead.
 
Actually, i have yellow, but i dont really mind if theres 2 yellow cars

What color rims are you running? I might go yellow/red.
 
What color rims are you running? I might go yellow/red.

Sounds good, i still cant find a colour i like so im just running stock rims right now, hopefully ill see you out this weekend, i may not be able to make it
 
On second thought, I will race dark gray. Had trouble finding the yellow I envisioned.
 
On second thought, I will race dark gray. Had trouble finding the yellow I envisioned.

Uh oh guys.. We've got a 'visionary' on our hands.. :lol:
Jk ;) haha
 
Uh oh guys.. We've got a 'visionary' on our hands.. :lol:
Jk ;) haha

To bad I am not envisioning myself winning :dunce:

I am having difficulties with my mic (as someone pointed out to me the other night. So I might not be very talkative during the race.
 
I am having difficulties with my mic (as someone pointed out to me the other night. So I might not be very talkative during the race.

Your mic was working okay. I just asked if you could turn the sensitivity down because it was picking up a bit too much background noise. You can adjust the sensitivity on the XMB under accessory settings.
 
Could I possibly join late for the rest of the season, and phase myself in?
If so:
PSN- rejektedS15
Region-Pennsylvania
Colors-TBD
 
Only just discovered this! Would have liked to have joined in at Tsukuba but no-can-do on a Sunday night, works out at qualifying starting at 11:30pm for me and I start work at 7am the next morning!
 
Schedule graphics have been updated to reflect qualifying schedule and the February 6th "off-day" for something called the Super Bowl. :p
 
Hey Turbo can I change my car color to chrome? I have the same color as TT997...
 
Another entrant 'angrykoala89' is already using Chrome.... FYI :) lol
 
Your mic was working okay. I just asked if you could turn the sensitivity down because it was picking up a bit too much background noise. You can adjust the sensitivity on the XMB under accessory settings.

I set my sensitivity down as far as I could and I still got all the noise coming through. I exchanged the headset for a new one today, hope this one works better.
 
Brilliant, brilliant racing from egg and bro! Your driving skills and great manners are very much appreciated! I tried every trick I could think of within the rules to break free, but I was not able to shake you off. The draft at Indy is a little surprising- even being .7 ahead coming out of the last corner, you guys were both able to pass me well before the finish line. This sure is making for a close points race! 👍

The pleasure was all mine 👍 I really didn't even care about the placing at the end, I was just having a great time! It is a bit unfortunate that the draft is so strong in this game. You were the fastest driver out there, but not fast enough to shake the draft :p

Great racing from you too dudeman! I was just hoping that all the bump drafting wasn't going to upset you. I tried to make sure to only push you and Egg on the straights and to lay off well before we got to the braking zones.

As for the last corner, I purposely was laying back because I knew that I could get a larger run with more space and I needed to keep Egg as close as possible so he wouldn't pass me. I knew I needed to be in third out of the last corner from a practice race that Egg, Spy, and I ran early in the week but I guess I forgot in "the heat of the moment".

Ya, was definitely in the wrong place at the end of that practice race! I figured I definitely wasn't going to hold the lead, but I didn't figure I would be pushed all the way to 3rd. Basically exactly what happened to EL_ZISSOU at the end of the actual race.

Well, there's not much draft at Tsukuba and I've been away from GT5 all week, so I'm not expecting the same result this Sunday :nervous:

@R1600Turbo: Did we decide on a qualifying procedure for Sunday yet?
 
I don't think we decided on anything different, so same qualifying setup this weekend. We're just going to put more guys in Group A this time around.
 
Between studying for exams and playing hockey, i've had no practice all week and won't be able to race tomorrow.:grumpy: Good luck everyone!
 
I don't think we decided on anything different, so same qualifying setup this weekend. We're just going to put more guys in Group A this time around.

Did you decide against your idea of opening the room up for an hour and letting people put in as many laps as they want? I might be remembering that incorrectly. :O
 
Did you decide against your idea of opening the room up for an hour and letting people put in as many laps as they want? I might be remembering that incorrectly. :O
👍

I, too would like this idea! Simply because, two laps just isn't enough to show any worth... LOL, well at least for me, it is.. I don't have a wheel at the moment, so I can't run two, consistent, back-to-back quick lap times, like I normally COULD elsewhere.. :lol:

:) :)
 
Did you decide against your idea of opening the room up for an hour and letting people put in as many laps as they want? I might be remembering that incorrectly. :O

I had more people for it, than against it. So I just decided to keep it as is for now.
 
Would anyone be opposed to taking a break after this season? I have another series I want to start up, and would like to run it after this Spec Miata season is over. Then when the other series ends, I want to switch back to the Miata thing for Season 2.

Of course anyone that wants to hop over to my other series is welcome to do so. :)
 
Would anyone be opposed to taking a break after this season? I have another series I want to start up, and would like to run it after this Spec Miata season is over. Then when the other series ends, I want to switch back to the Miata thing for Season 2.

Of course anyone that wants to hop over to my other series is welcome to do so. :)

Sounds fine to me 👍

There are 1030 other cars we can race in GT5, so I don't think we need back to back seasons. Just make sure not to wait too long so the strength of this series isn't forgotten. Remember, this is the #1 thread in the GT5 online sub-forum; you now have an obligation to not let this series ever die :lol:

Seriously though, it wasn't necessarily the car that made this series successful. It was the quality of the organization, and more importantly the quality of the drivers in the series. Sure, we had a few little issues; but that's nothing compared to the average quality of online racing.
Hopefully your next series will attract some of the same drivers so the success will continue :gtpflag:
 
Cool. Yeah, got another idea for a spec series, but this one is more controlled and should be pretty sweet. 👍
 
Work and school is taking up much more time than I expected. Well not really considering it's my last semester. I won't be able to make it again today. =(
 
That's fine dude.

Remember qualifying today guys at 5PM Eastern. 👍

If you plan on watching, please mute or disable your Mics. I will be closing the room promptly at 6:30, so make sure you get in and get your laps in before then.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back