GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,242 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked in the practice room if signups were closed, and was told no.

So I'd like to sign up as soon as I figure out what colour I want my Miata to be.
 
Stratosphere Blue / Maziora Andromeda

psn = MULE_9242


EDIT:

was on the last turn of what was going to be my fastest lap, when I got disconnected from the lobby. How lame.
 
Last edited:
room is up:

1472-6681-3200-9595-1950


Room is now closed.

Turbo and I were running high 42 second hot laps if anyone needs a reference. I was able to get down to a 42.5 and I know I can get another couple tenths. Race pace should be 43 and 44 second laps.

Edit: Hey El_Z what lap times were you running in pre-season testing?
 
Race pace should be 43 and 44 second laps.

I was constantly in the 45's. Made a swaybar adjustment, and I felt like I could have been in the 44's, but got disconnected.

I think that's pretty decent considering I just bought the car a couple hours ago.
 
I dunno man, I'll see if I can check out the lap I put up on youtube and post it. :)
 
MÜLE_9242;4692409
I was constantly in the 45's. Made a swaybar adjustment, and I felt like I could have been in the 44's, but got disconnected.

I think that's pretty decent considering I just bought the car a couple hours ago.

Hey were almost neighbors. I live in the middle of the mitten.
 
Here 'tis :dopey:

[YOUTUBEHD]WUw5L-sloOM[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
mazdaracewaylagunaseca.jpg

mazdaracewaylagunaseca1g.jpg
 
I thought you were in the 42 flat range. Thanks. Looks like I have a bit of work to do.

I may not make any more of the races man. But please don't let that stop you from giving me a beating with a faster hot lap. 👍
 
I may not make any more of the races man. But please don't let that stop you from giving me a beating with a faster hot lap. 👍

WTF mate? How am I supposed to get a proper win against you if you aren't racing in my neighborhood? I guess I will just have to chase you around these forums to figure out where you are competing.
 
WTF mate? How am I supposed to get a proper win against you if you aren't racing in my neighborhood? I guess I will just have to chase you around these forums to figure out where you are competing.

Ha ha I don't know how much chasing you'll be doing, you're just being kind :p

I think I am going to just put some time in on the Academy, and maybe grab a few races online. I realized that I don't really have the time right now to devote to a weekly series, but I am sure I will in the future. I hope it's one you're in :dopey:
 
I realized that I don't really have the time right now to devote to a weekly series, but I am sure I will in the future. I hope it's one you're in :dopey:

Booooo. I'm running two series AND doing the Academy. :sly:
 
So....who all is actually planning on racing on Sunday? Seems the interest in this has fallen off sharply over the last couple weeks. Most of the regulars are no where to be found.

If we don't fill at least one room on Sunday, then Laguna will be the last race of the season. While the IS-F Cup is running I am going to overhaul this series and we'll try again for season two...
 
I'm in. I ran a pretty good little practice on my own the other night and I'm really liking the Miata on this track. Not quite hitting the numbers that others have but barring any spins I should run pretty good there.
 
I'm gonna be there for sure. Hopefully more people chime in.
 
I don't have to cram for Academy this time, so I'll be there.

Also; perhaps you shouldn't have announced the IS-F series until this one finished. Seems like lots of us jumped over there and from what I can tell a lot of people are now running nightly practices with that car and all but forgetting the Miats.
 
I don't have to cram for Academy this time, so I'll be there.

Also; perhaps you shouldn't have announced the IS-F series until this one finished. Seems like lots of us jumped over there and from what I can tell a lot of people are now running nightly practices with that car and all but forgetting the Miats.

GT Academy starts on Monday I believe, so that helps a little. And yeah, after seeing how things are going over there I regret announcing it so soon. I just didn't want someone else to have the same idea and announce before me.

I think you guys will like Season 2, as I am overhauling the whole thing and making it a bit more "fun".
 
Yeah well, I didn't make Academy... so I won't be having that in the way of any series anymore.

And I don't know why you'd worry about someone posting your idea before you... it's not like anybody else can draw in as much of a crowd as anything you start anyway.
 
I doubt the popularity has anything to do with me. I just created something that a lot of people on here related to.
 
I should be around on Sunday too. 👍
 
I wvill be heraaaaa *said with some foreign accent*
Lol, I don't know why i just said that, but don't ask questions... :lol:

But yeah, count me in for Sunday fellas 👍
 
So....who all is actually planning on racing on Sunday? Seems the interest in this has fallen off sharply over the last couple weeks. Most of the regulars are no where to be found.

If we don't fill at least one room on Sunday, then Laguna will be the last race of the season. While the IS-F Cup is running I am going to overhaul this series and we'll try again for season two...

I'm in for sure 👍

I'm going to leave the IS-F in the garage until this series is over, there's lots of time to get that car dialed in before the series starts.
Hopefully I can figure out Laguna before Sunday, my previous tunes are nowhere near suitable for this track :(
 
Good to know most of the top guys are in. We're missing quite a few though, and what happened to Samhain?
 
With school college starting this week, i dont have a lot of forum and practice time.

Could anyone share a tune?
 
1472-4711-0510-9354-7827
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back