GTP United Sports Car Championship | Season 6 | Series Finished!Finished 

Once I'm reeling in some decent credits, I'll buy them all and spec test. I've already mentioned months ago I won't be full time, but as a former full-timer in GT5 and probably with decent enough pace in GT6 if the licences are anything to go by, I don't mind using my limited time to help out the series.

Guys, want me to spec test the Chevy Corvette ZR1 RM as well if I can get it? Could be like a guest car... and it's not exactly like they don't use Chevy's...

Once I'm reeling in some decent credits, I'll buy them all and spec test. I've already mentioned months ago I won't be full time, but as a former full-timer in GT5 and probably with decent enough pace in GT6 if the licences are anything to go by, I don't mind using my limited time to help out the series.

Guys, want me to spec test the Chevy Corvette ZR1 RM as well if I can get it? Could be like a guest car... and it's not exactly like they don't use Chevy's...
If I allowed someone a special car I would have to allow everyone a special car... And we both know how that goes ;)

We are still on for a mid-late mid January start

Going with race hards. I believe it's in the OP. I'll check now.

Testing hasn't happened beyond the z4.

The delta wing will be stock, and the gt3 cars will be as close to stock as possible.
So a stock delta wing on hard tires, okay. How by the way, can you make an "almost stock" for the GT3s? If you have tuning you have tuning, if you prohibit tuning then there's none. Are you saying no turbos? Also what does that mean for the Delta, does that mean tuning but no turbos or tuning prohibited altogether?

So a stock delta wing on hard tires, okay. How by the way, can you make an "almost stock" for the GT3s? If you have tuning you have tuning, if you prohibit tuning then there's none. Are you saying no turbos? Also what does that mean for the Delta, does that mean tuning but no turbos or tuning prohibited altogether?

No you can add all the parts. For almost stock I ment weight and power wise. You can do all the tuning you want

"Almost stock" as in power/weight adjusting some cars to balance the field, and not allowing the addition of performance parts not already on the car. He'd probably want tuning allowed so we can tune cars so they're more comfortable to drive, or so they suit the track better.

Edit: Ok then, add ALL THE PARTS!!!

If I allowed someone a special car I would have to allow everyone a special car... And we both know how that goes ;)

We are still on for a mid-late mid January start

I guess that's true... just thinking up ideas that allow the reserves to participate when we're not sure if full-time spot drivers will turn up, like if they're on the fence or unexpectedly can't make it last-minute. Something intentionally slower, but cheaper that can be just grabbed on the fly...

"Almost stock" as in power/weight adjusting some cars to balance the field, and not allowing the addition of performance parts not already on the car. He'd probably want tuning allowed so we can tune cars so they're more comfortable to drive, or so they suit the track better.

Edit: Ok then, add ALL THE PARTS!!!

I guess that's true... just thinking up ideas that allow the reserves to participate when we're not sure if full-time spot drivers will turn up, like if they're on the fence or unexpectedly can't make it last-minute. Something intentionally slower, but cheaper that can be just grabbed on the fly...
Adding all the parts because I'm sure people will anyways. I would rather reserves just show up in any car before a slower car that is purposely slow. Ya know?

Howdy! It's been smoother than others :P

You and damu in?

@Storm_SP17 get the Audi!

For me, currently it's a no. Unless I don't know that GT6 has been ported for PS4 yet? I can't be bothered to buy PS3 games as I got the PS4, so I have no intention on playing both. I will join if a PS4 version comes out.

As for Damu, I can't speak much for him, because he's been mostly playing Guild Wars 2 with myself, I will ask him but its unlikely.

For me, currently it's a no. Unless I don't know that GT6 has been ported for PS4 yet? I can't be bothered to buy PS3 games as I got the PS4, so I have no intention on playing both. I will join if a PS4 version comes out.

As for Damu, I can't speak much for him, because he's been mostly playing Guild Wars 2 with myself, I will ask him but its unlikely.
Figured as much. I'm having a bit of the same problem after getting my ps4.

Feel free to poke your head in the thread whenever!

ABS on 1 @Rich S

Last edited:
See if you can go tame that Audi. It's not as tough as others make it seem. You have to be slow in fast out and try to brake as straight as possible. For me its easier said than done. I have to change my driving style if I want to even be decent with it.

See if you can go tame that Audi. It's not as tough as others make it seem. You have to be slow in fast out and try to brake as straight as possible. For me its easier said than done. I have to change my driving style if I want to even be decent with it.

I'll have a go at it. I like to think that I brake straight and am usually early on the brakes and back on the gas again, but we'll see. The MR trait does seems to kick the back out when you brake or decelerate round a corner though, noticed it in the '91 NSX and the KTM X-Bow already.

What cars have you got already FH?

I have all the ones for the series already. Did the glitch. :guilty:

The BMW and the Merc are really easy to drive. I think I would give a razors edge to the BMW for handling. But I'm faster in the Merc. But then again, I've spent most of my time tuning the Merc the way I want it. The BMW still has Paraiano's tune on it. Which is still really fast.

Well if your racing a GT3 car I dont think my insane Delta Wing times are much relevant. :sly: I think though Polar, the Audi R18 maybe would be a great 2nd "P" option to have if we had a lot of signups for that class. Just seems like we have a lot of Lemans cars in the game and nothing to do with them.

Well if your racing a GT3 car I dont think my insane Delta Wing times are much relevant. :sly: I think though Polar, the Audi R18 maybe would be a great 2nd "P" option to have if we had a lot of signups for that class. Just seems like we have a lot of Lemans cars in the game and nothing to do with them.
Thing with the Le Mans cars is most of them have different rules, and don't fit without some work. The R18 is probably much faster than the delta wing.

And this is my last season so I wanted the least amount of specing, which means everything is as close to each other as possible.

Sooo, as I was putting the final touches on my rig, I go to grab my pedals and see that my dog has chewed up my power cord to my wheel. :( Hopefully the cord can get here Monday. I was so let down that I didnt even want to go and finish the rig.

images

Sooo, as I was putting the final touches on my rig, I go to grab my pedals and see that my dog has chewed up my power cord to my wheel. :( Hopefully the cord can get here Monday. I was so let down that I didnt even want to go and finish the rig.

images
Wow wow wow! We never heard of this rig! What do you have going??

The G27 doesn't need a specific cable, I don't think... Check to see if you can find a cable with similar amperage and voltage until Monday...

Don't use the wrong cable, though, you don't want to overwhelm the motor - the expensive part of your wheel.

The R8 is really twitchy....

Also notice that GT6 uses the opposite tuning system from GT5. If you apply GT5 tuning logic to GT6, you'll actually make the problem worse.

GT6 now uses the correct suspension/damping settings... Soft in front, stiff in rear will actually create more oversteer - as it should/does in real life - and GT5's system had that backwards.

@Storm_SP17, I recommend you consider that while tuning.

I'm fully aware of that Andrew, and actually... I had a bit of a brainwave that seems to have worked for Suzuka at least. I'm having talks with FH privately on a few things, gonna compare times and such with him and his Merc to get a rough idea of how far behind I am. :)

Also notice that GT6 uses the opposite tuning system from GT5. If you apply GT5 tuning logic to GT6, you'll actually make the problem worse.

I actually figured that out with the FGT. I was driving with a friend of mine online when I decided to put in a Ferrari F10 setup that another friend sented me back on GT5. I tried it out, and it turns out I was slower than him. It was a good setup back GT5, but not in GT6. I came back to my friend's lobby the next day, and drived the FGT stock, and this time, I was faster than him.

Back