GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Unfortunatelly as I said before I wont be able to participate to Novice Cup.It's the same hour with the USA Grand Prix and I dont lose F1 for anything.Even though I want so much to race with you guys..

Unfortunatelly as I said before I wont be able to participate to Novice Cup.It's the same hour with the USA Grand Prix and I dont lose F1 for anything.Even though I want so much to race with you guys..
Take a look at this link from the OP. It *was* wrong until just now when I fixed it. The times listed in the OP were correct for a few days now.

Due to daylight savings ending for Europe this weekend and ending for NA the night before the next races, our start time lines up toward the end of the GP (1.5hrs after GP start time).

Before I answer, a question for @hasslemoff - will the car(s) we buy also carry over between championships?

Yes, if you want to use them again it's not a problem, I was going to make everyone purchase a new car for each Championship but will leave it open for people's personal choice.

Results will be up soon from Sunday's Race's.

While we have a two week break there will be a bonus event with which you will receive the Credit after this Championship details should be up tonight, if not tomorrow.

So please don't let me Triple post :)

Yes, if you want to use them again it's not a problem, I was going to make everyone purchase a new car for each Championship but will leave it open for people's personal choice.

Results will be up soon from Sunday's Race's.

While we have a two week break there will be a bonus event with which you will receive the Credit after this Championship details should be up tonight, if not tomorrow.

So please don't let me Triple post :)
More strategy - I like it, mostly because I (potentially) would have to purchase just one car for the next round to bring my total garage count to two. :sly: In that case, I'd say that for future championships, the money earned in that championship, less any mid-series purchases, would be a fair way to decide things.

Amateur Championship results

Congratulations to @mr_lab_rat for the Amateur Championship win with 100 points, @jtv90069 for 2nd with 89 points and @PASM for 3rd with 86 points.

With in keeping with the Championship the winners National Anthem.

10 second penalty's have been added for qualifying under the capped lap time's. Again everyone respected the around 2 second rule 👍 in the race's

NOTE: Ruzvincilble received a 30 second penalty at Suzuka East and 15 second penalty for his qualifying time for going against the spirit of the rules.
Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
Short shifting and not running your car to the potential is not the aim of the series, he understands that now and it was a genuine mistake in general, but it will not be tolerated and as the penalty applies they will be hard. If anyone finds that they have made a mistake and there car is running way to fast for a track's capped lap time please be respectful and do what you think is best as severe penalty's will be handed out including race or championship DQ's

I hope you all have added you're new cars to the credit tracker that you used in the Amateur Cup ;).

Well done all for some great driving and racing, 11 laps of trying to keep the lean mean Green Neon machine behind was good fun.

It's hotting up for the overall Championship, will the 1 car solution win or Multiple car buying option top the table in 2 week's, will they race together or will they have to wait for the merged results :).

Just curious as to what kinds of lap times everyone is getting at London and Rome. I'm just fine when rolling through the streets in Spain, but when traveling to Italy or Britain, all my cars seem to slow down. :P I'm not the only one, am I? Gosh, I hope not. :D

And sorry, Eggstor, but all of your tips never panned out. Could not get any of them within 4 seconds of the lap time limits.

Bonus Event Details No 4

Weds Forest V.2.150

wrs_banner_tt-png.210713

WRS-OE_3D3_Online-Events-3_zps7a9eb742.png

While we have a two week break enter either the Time Trial or Weekly Online race's and thrash about in the Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08 around Deep Forest Reverse and receive a Bonus of 15000 cr to celebrate @Allibubba99 150th TT in a row:tup:, the bonus Credit will be awarded after the Novice Championship Finishes.

• Bonus Credit: 15000 cr
deep-forest-raceway-copy-jpg.241260

Last edited:
Sweet! I wasn't expecting much after getting the penalty for the Brands Hatch race (0.009 too fast in qualifying). Thanks for the national anthem. I was born in Czech Republic but now I've spent about half of my life in Canada.
This series seems to favour average but consistent drivers. I really regret not running the 5000cr bonus event as I'm likely not going to catch guys that only bought one car. But you can be sure I'll try :)

*opens bottle of champagne*

Sweet! I wasn't expecting much after getting the penalty for the Brands Hatch race (0.009 too fast in qualifying). Thanks for the national anthem. I was born in Czech Republic but now I've spent about half of my life in Canada.
This series seems to favour average but consistent drivers. I really regret not running the 5000cr bonus event as I'm likely not going to catch guys that only bought one car. But you can be sure I'll try :)

But it could all change with a 10000 cr bonus for running .001 slower than the capped lap time without exceeding the limit through the whole race and quali :sly:. Tempted, I might have a go :)

Awesome result, Mike. 👍👍 That is quite amazing given the harsh penalty. :eek:

Great jobs to Jon and Bart too.

Well done all for some great driving and racing, 11 laps of trying to keep the lean mean Green Neon machine behind was good fun.
That was a highlight for me too, and not one touch. ;) Nor from Patrick and Ned behind who were being very patient in the tight corners. 👍

Continually impressed with how you're running this, Paul. :bowdown:

Jon got close in the Tsukuba race. I ran five very fast laps to shake him off and he did five consecutive 1'09.0xx to get even closer :)

What would be a nice touch is some pictures from people so I can add and swap around in the OP, I know Al did some great pictures as normal for the OP, but some of the races would be a nice touch and plus I could add them to the Race Highlights Page which is hiding and waiting to be born with some Highlight picture's ;).

Great work Paul :bowdown:
You notice how seriously people are taking this little idea of yours, don't you? The hours of testing, the sharing of tips and models? All with the underpowered standard cars that make about 70% of the lineup and people can't stop complaining about? You Sir, have something to smile about 👍
On a personal note that Suzuka lap time at qualy will haunt me forever. And I was actually trying to go slower. The capped time are a bit tough when your driving is inconsistent, as is my case. I had never had such a lap time at practice :ouch:
I was very slow at Tsukuba but really enjoyed not having to worry about going below cap.
Had one saved file from the first race at AR. Some pictures...

Autumn Ring - Mini.jpg

Autumn Ring - Mini_1.jpg

Autumn Ring - Mini_2.jpg

Autumn Ring - Mini_3.jpg

Autumn Ring - Mini_4.jpg

Autumn Ring - Mini_5.jpg

Autumn Ring - Mini_6.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics Javier. It's really cool to see these tiny cars being punished at the race track :)
BTW, you didn't need to let everyone by after qualifying too fast. That's what the 10s penalty is for.

Great pics Javier. It's really cool to see these tiny cars being punished at the race track :)
BTW, you didn't need to let everyone by after qualifying too fast. That's what the 10s penalty is for.

Yeah I know I didn't have to, but I was so mad at myself it felt like the right thing to do...

What would be a nice touch is some pictures from people so I can add and swap around in the OP, I know Al did some great pictures as normal for the OP, but some of the races would be a nice touch and plus I could add them to the Race Highlights Page which is hiding and waiting to be born with some Highlight picture's ;).

I've only taken a few shots fromAutumn Ring. I was trying to get some fall color in the background, but that's hard to do with long focal points on the small track:)

These are they:
15413353319_0fb7fb750f_b.jpg

15413353099_d8beb54104_b.jpg

15413863618_8fbb35e96e_b.jpg

15597310551_f51e22bc49_b.jpg

I have not wanted to be reminded of my performance last weekend, so I have not looked at last weekend's replays yet. It'll be a lot easier to look at them for photography rather than game film ;)

...I was trying to get some fall color in the background...

I did a quick photo session last week from that race for that exact same reason. I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to do one of those cool slide shows that a few people have done in previous posts.

Too bad I wasn't able to hold a connection last Sunday. I gave my CR-X a dope-fresh paint job and would have put all others to shame. :D

BTW: Still waiting to see what lap times people are getting for the city tracks. Feel free to send them as a message in case y'all don't feel like posting them for the world to see.

Last edited:
I did a quick photo session last week from that race for that exact same reason. I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to do one of those cool slide shows that a few people have done in previous posts.

Too bad I wasn't able to hold a connection last Sunday. I gave my CR-X a dope-fresh paint job and would have put all others to shame. :D

BTW: Still waiting to see what lap times people are getting for the city tracks. Feel free to send them as a message in case y'all don't feel like posting them for the world to see.
I can hit the target easy at Madrid, so am bumping the power down by 10%. On the other two it takes a full 425PP and a perfect lap to get within a couple tenths of the targets. NeoN for life!

Straight, no edits:

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.jpg Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_1.jpg Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_2.jpg Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_3.jpg Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_4.jpg Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_5.jpg Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_6.jpg Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_7.jpg

Suzuka Circuit East Course.jpg Suzuka Circuit East Course_1.jpg Suzuka Circuit East Course_2.jpg Suzuka Circuit East Course_3.jpg Suzuka Circuit East Course_4.jpg Suzuka Circuit East Course_5.jpg

Tsukuba Circuit.jpg Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg Tsukuba Circuit_2.jpg Tsukuba Circuit_3.jpg

Before I answer, a question for @hasslemoff - will the car(s) we buy also carry over between championships?

If so, since you have a CR-X, I'd be looking at FR cars since you're already (at least theoretically) set for the FF and 80s/90s Cups. The Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (standard 1999 or premium 2002) would definitely be a contender at $25,600 and 1,240 kg. At full power/oil change, both will give you 440 PP/258 hp, and at 425 PP/no oil change, it will give you 228 hp for the 1999 and 230 hp for the 2002. (edit - had the wrong HP up originally)

While the 1997/2000 Chevrolet Camaros, and the 2004 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner, are cheaper and more powerful, they're also quite a bit heavier and, in my opinion, not geared very well. The 1998 Nissan Sileighty ($22,880, 418 PP/213 hp with oil change) and 1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M ($23,850, 415 PP/222 hp with oil change) are slightly underpowered compared to what you're looking at and the Silvia spec-R, though in the right hands, I'd suspect they could get right around the lap times at the city courses.

Indeed, the Camaro is a boat on Madrid! I'm currently favoring the Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero '99. I've had to dial it way down to stay over time at Madrid. I'm still tweaking at London (currently 1-1.5s over) and I haven't tried it at Rome yet, but it's got good handling, seems quicker than some of the other cars in the same price range, and could be used for both the FR and 80s/90s Cups. Win, win, win, I think.:cool:

And like Dan Gurney did at LeMans in 1967... Sprays the crowd.

Edit: Damn but this series and its concept are FUUUUUN.

too bad I won't find the time this week again...
I really enjoyed the first event, but I'm afraid I'm running out of credits for the next car that I seriously need for anything after the novice cup... :ouch::grumpy::banghead:
Good luck to all here!! 👍👍

too bad I won't find the time this week again...
I really enjoyed the first event, but I'm afraid I'm running out of credits for the next car that I seriously need for anything after the novice cup... :ouch::grumpy::banghead:
Good luck to all here!! 👍👍
The good news is the final round isn't this week, but next week.

Being at home in time is nearly impossible for me - my regular schedule is the main problem. My regular sunday evening was canceled in the first week... But that's such a great event that I'll stay tuned and will try to participate in as many races as possible...

Latest Posts

Back