GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
So much for my 2-car strategy for the first 2 Championships - my RX-7 doesn't have enough power for the FR Cup.

Damn the daylight savings, I wish they just stopped messing with the clock.
Thanks for the list of races Paul. I think that makes some decisions easier.
Stefan @Meister Fetz hit bull's eye with the '97 Civic :)

Now I really do hope that I'll be home one time on sundays in the future - very lucky choice in the end 👍👍 - 1 hour later would work out easy for me... but unfortunately that's a real close one for me.
The first event was so much fun - I hope I can continue in most or some events..

@hasslemoff Paul, is it possible to enter before the 2nd or 3rd race if I come home a little bit too late? :scared:

Now I really do hope that I'll be home one time on sundays in the future - very lucky choice in the end 👍👍 - 1 hour later would work out easy for me... but unfortunately that's a real close one for me.
The first event was so much fun - I hope I can continue in most or some events..

@hasslemoff Paul, is it possible to enter before the 2nd or 3rd race if I come home a little bit too late? :scared:

People can join after a race has finished if there is room in the lounge. If people wish to join the 2nd or 3rd races then normal rules apply.
  • post in the thread if you can make the next race
  • wait for a reply in the thread when the current race has ended so you can join the lounge without disrupting a race.

We dont mind people joining in between races, but please do not join mid way through races as it can disrupt people who are racing.

If there is 16 people who can race on time then one room will be made and you would not be able to join if 16 stay for all the races, we will not split the rooms if a couple can only make all off the races.

Thank you Paul @hasslemoff !! So I'll register in reserve and hope to be home in time and to find a free spot in the lobbies...
For sure I'll let you know about 60-90 min before if I will be able to join from the beginning or if I hope to be there for #2or3 - hope that's OK but I'm afraid I won't be able to know earlier.
That Career Championship is a great idea - I do not want to know how much time and effort it took to set up this one 👍👍👍 Thanks for that - hope I can do as many races as possible in the future!!

Current Drivers Garage List, by the looks of it i'll have to have a link for a Document for the Garage list as over time it will get to large to have as a image, but for now ill keep uploading a image in the OP and in the thread.

CAR LIST OCT 2014.PNG

I'm going to have to buy 2 cars for the next round of events. Glad I did the Weds bonus event, those 15k are gonna come in handy.

What is the model year range for 80's-90's (I know it should be pretty clear, but my brain is still in vacation mode).
I assume it's 1980-1999, right?

I'm going to have to buy 2 cars for the next round of events. Glad I did the Weds bonus event, those 15k are gonna come in handy.

There will be a couple more Bonus events before the next series starts so there is still a chance to gain more credit ;).

@mr_lab_rat yes, any car in these years 80 to 99.

This is great. I'm thinking about staying loyal to Honda and getting an S2000 :)
@roamer2629 was blasting one around London last night after our Weds Forest NA race, and while I'm not sure if he was getting "legal" laptimes, he was able to pass me pretty easily on the short main straight. :scared:

Looking forward to some more practices leading up to Sunday. 👍

@mr_lab_rat are you back from Mexico yet? :)

@roamer2629 was blasting one around London last night after our Weds Forest NA race, and while I'm not sure if he was getting "legal" laptimes, he was able to pass me pretty easily on the short main straight. :scared:

Looking forward to some more practices leading up to Sunday. 👍

@mr_lab_rat are you back from Mexico yet? :)
The series of Honda S2000s have some of the best power-to-weight ratios at 425PP, and at least in real life, they're so well balanced, they're pitted against the pony cars in SCCA.

For example, at 425PP, the 1999 S2000s (all 3 versions) have 238 hp driving 2,734 pounds, while the lone premium S2000, the 2006, has 236 hp driving 2,756 pounds. The reason why we didn't see them until now is they all cost over $30,000.

Looking forward to this Sunday's races. I am sticking with one car strategy the TRD Celica which has worked so far. My best lap at Rome is 26.9 (think I can knock a few tenths off with a perfect lap) and at London last night I got a 03.4. This will be fun with Mike and Lucas trying to outpoint me and get the overall win. Mike needs lots of high finishes and me to finish really low in each race or he needs the .001 10K bonus miracle. I think in the end Lucas and I will be very close for the overall win. The one thing my car is bad at is starts, I routinely lose a few positions before I get to the first turn in a race, which will really hurt me at London. The Celica can also be used for the first race in the next round, then I finally will have to spend more money. Can't wait for the showdown with the Neon Green Machine :lol:.

The series of Honda S2000s have some of the best power-to-weight ratios at 425PP, and at least in real life, they're so well balanced, they're pitted against the pony cars in SCCA.

For example, at 425PP, the 1999 S2000s (all 3 versions) have 238 hp driving 2,734 pounds, while the lone premium S2000, the 2006, has 236 hp driving 2,756 pounds. The reason why we didn't see them until now is they all cost over $30,000.

The S2000 is great. Have to detune it slightly because I really don't want to be below target again. I'll open a practice tomorrow around 12:30pm GMT to adjust power limiter settings

Lucas: I'll keep the legality of my laps undisclosed as adviced by my team manager :D

Last edited:
I don't think either one of us can catch you in the credits Patrick. I don't believe I can run away with another win this time. Most people will have competitive cars, I can't wait to see the unleashed raw torque of the NGM (Neon Green Machine).

Yes, I'm back from Mexico and can't wait to get behind the wheel again. Even driving to work this morning was more fun than usual. I missed my car. Buy an '04 M3 in the game, add some power to about 400hp, put SH tires on it and drive it around a city track in 25% rain. That's my commute :)

Practice room up for at least a little while.

Edit - closed. I'm hoping other people are struggling at London (down a second there when I'm not crashing) and Rome (down 2.2 seconds there).

Last edited:
I did some testing yesterday and now I'm having doubts about the S2000. The power to weight advantage is there but it won't reach 445PP and the '99 version is not as easy to drive as the '06 I used for some initial testing. The '95 RX-7 is very similar in performance and handling. Silvia S15 is not much slower but much easier to drive.

It's really tempting to use the same car for 80's-90's and FR but at 415PP some FF cars were faster or at least more consistent.

Practice room up for at least a little while.

Edit - closed. I'm hoping other people are struggling at London (down a second there when I'm not crashing) and Rome (down 2.2 seconds there).

You have to buy another car If you want to be competitive.Even though I wont participate I tested the Integra R DC5 that I would use and it was just on cap(1.03 something) for London and way faster than the cap at Madrid and Rome.It would serve you well ;)

DC2 Integra is a bit slower but it will be good in 80's-90's cup (and about perfect PP for the FF cup).

Last edited:
Awesome idea mate!
I really like it, and respect for putting so much effort in it!!!
I hope this will run 'til the end of the world ;)

Awesome idea mate!
I really like it, and respect for putting so much effort in it!!!
I hope this will run 'til the end of the world ;)

Come join the fun and Register with the WRS if you have not yet :sly:.

Bonus Event 4 Closed

Bonus Event 4 has closed all the drivers who register'd and competed in either the week 40 Time Trial or the Online race will have there Credit added once the Novice Championship has been decided.

Next Bonus Event might have something to do with the sale of a car so keep an eye on the thread once the results for the Novice Championship have been confirmed ;).

While I am Tempted by getting a Honda to be more competitive...I'll stick with the TRD And use it for the first two races in next series. So....27500 plus 15000 plus winnings will allow the purchase of a SERIOUS car looking towards the FR race. THINK AHEAd....

Edit.....TRD is a 2000 not a 99...oops

Yeah but you can use the FR car for the 80-90's cup. That's what I'm gonna do. Deciding between S15, RX-7, and the S2000.

And I'm out, gotta go watch F1 quali recorded from earlier.

Great practice, guys. 👍 I hope my lightning starts can help me make up for the extra weight the Neon has. Looking forward to the Madrid Mini race, but on Rome and London I'll be needing perfect lap after perfect lap. :eek:

EDIT: BTW, the Neon now has 1367.9 miles on it :D

Wow (the mileage).

Guys, please test your cars at Madrid. The lap limit is pretty easy to reach. It could be a lot like the Stowe and Suzuka races where people went too fast.

Last edited:
Wow (the mileage).

Guys, please test your cars at Madrid. The lap limit is pretty easy to reach. It could be a lot like the Stowe and Suzuka races where people went too fast.
I endorse this post. 👍

Patrick's room closed now.
I hit the magic 1'03.001 again in practice today.

Edit: I'm running 183hp 400PP in Madrid.

About 1000 miles on my two cars combined.

Back